______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

I think the Guardians of the Galaxy movie deserves it's own thread. :wink:

Guardians-of-the-galaxy-sdcc-concept-art

So SDCC gave us the first images of GOTG, some really cool minifigures could be made out of this, huh? :sweet:

Edited by Pandora
Removed tags from oversized picture; please note the site guidelines, thanks

I would get really excited in the case that LEGO decided to produce sets for it, the best thing is that they've got the lisence :cry_happy: I think you should include the discussion for the Ant-Man movie in this thread as well. :thumbup:

I would get really excited in the case that LEGO decided to produce sets for it, the best thing is that they've got the lisence :cry_happy: I think you should include the discussion for the Ant-Man movie in this thread as well. :thumbup:

Oh yes that's true, if any mod is looking can he/she do that for me please? :blush:

I think we should just have a general thread for the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).

The GotG movie should be interesting. I don't know much about them (their appearance in the Avengers cartoon was the first time I heard of them) so I don't know what to expect, but a movie about a team of interstellar heroes already sounds promising. :thumbup:

To be honest, I've never heard of GotG before this movie. :wacko:

I guess it might be pretty good. I'm looking forward to the Ant-Man movie more though. But I'm looking forward to the GotG sets more than the Ant-Man sets. :wink:

Edited by just2good

I think we should just have a general thread for the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).

Consider this it, with the aim of moving any new Marvel film/movie discussion here.

However, I won't merge the 'Avengers Assemble' thread, as it seems to have longevity.

With all the comic-con news, I am really excited for these coming years in the MCU.

Iron Man 3 is going to be awesome I think. Kicking off what I see as the second phase of the MCU, I really don't know what to expect. Now that it's confirmed that Ben Kingsley will be Mandarin, I am really excited for this film.

I am less excited for Thor: The Dark World. With much of the cast in place, I really don't know much about it. I heard in an interview that Loki will make an appearance in the film, but there will be a much larger villain (whom I believe to be Enchantress)

I, for one, am totally psyched for the new Captain America movie, now titled Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I for one, am a huge Winter Soldier fan, so I can't wait to see this representation of Bucky on screen. Plus Falcon? :wub:

I am looking forward to Ant-Man, but I'm also dreading it too. Us comic-book geeks will be all over it, but I don't know what average people are going to want to see an Ant-Man movie. :sceptic: But since it's part of the MCU, I'm sure people will see it.

I don't know much about GotG, but I have heard of them. That concept art makes me excited for that film, though.

Some more films we can expect to see are Captain America 3, Avengers 2 and 3, and probably a few Hulk movies, with all the love for Mark Ruffalo. Promising years are definitely ahead of us! :thumbup:

Before the Comic-Con announcement I'd never heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy either, but from the research I've done since it certainly seems like Marvel's version of Green Lantern. Interstellar organisation that recruits from all different planets to keep the peace... :tongue: It looks promising though, and the more we get of the MCU the better.

Personally I'm looking forward to Iron Man 3 the most, mainly because the plot will not be "another two guys in iron suits fighting each other". It's been confirmed to take heavily from the Extremis storyline too, so I can't wait.

Ant-Man sounds like it won't attract a lot of people as he's not very well known, and I was wondering how they would make him seem cool on-screen. However, from the description of the test footage and the joked tagline "Ant-Man will kick your a$$ one inch at a time" it sounds better than expected. More variety for Avengers 2! Who knows, Marvel may kill two birds with one stone and put Wasp in the same film. Now if the villain was Ultron... :wub:

Thor: The Dark World will apparently have Thor exploring the different worlds in the Nine Realms. That'll be interesting! Thanos might even play a part in this. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy instead.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier? Not a big Cap fan. I'm not even American. :tongue: I doubt this will bring anything new into the MCU.

Of course, I'll still go and see them all. I don't think LEGO will be short of Marvel set opportunities either!

Edited by King of Nynrah

Captain America: The Winter Soldier? Not a big Cap fan. I'm not even American. :tongue: I doubt this will bring anything new into the MCU.

Actually, it'll probably bring a lot in. Winter Soldier plays a big part in the Marvel Universe in the comics, and they're also planning on putting in The Falcon, who's a big character in the marvel universe. It can really effect the Cap story if they bring in Sharon Carter, the niece of Peggy, who becomes his love interest.

I'm excited for Captain America 2

I just did a quick wiki scan of the winter soldier and it looks like it will be a cool movie

Can't wait for Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Antman and TGOTG as well :classic:

Edited by Ceroknight

Out of the Marvel ones announced at SDCC, I'm most excited for Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Ant-Man, Captain America: Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy. :moar:

EDIT: Wait a second...I just re-read what I posted. :look::laugh:

Edited by purpleparadox

I'm most looking forward to Thor to see how what kind of consequences Loki is gonna suffer and Captain America 2 to see how Rogers fits into the modern world.

As for the minifigures, the Bane one is probably the one I'll be searching for.

I wonder how LEGO will make the Rocket Racoon minifig? I just hope it is a normal minifig with short Legs and a new mould head ( I just don't want another Gollum kind of figure :sick: )

Do you think Captain America: Winter Soldier (Or even Thor: TDW) will have Red Skull in it?

Because at the end of Captain America (Spoilers people :tongue:, Red Skull is teleported by the Cosmic Cube, to where I think is Asgard.

It appears that the main villain for Thor 2 will be "Malekith the Accursed"!! Here's the news: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/thor/22075/have-the-villains-for-thor-2-been-revealed

And in case you wanted to know the release dates for upcoming Marvel movies here they are:

Iron Man 3 May 3, 2013

Thor: The Dark World November 8, 2013

Captain America: The Winter Soldier April 4, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy August 1, 2014

The release date for Ant Man is yet to be confirmed :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

I don't know if that is a for sure about Malekith. I read that at CC they said that Thor would be traveling through all the 9 Realms so the fact that there will be Dark Elves could point to that as well. I still think it is to early to tell for sure who the villain will be, I am hopeful for Beta Ray Bill to appear :wub: There is absolutely NO reason for me to believe he will be included in the movie I just really like the character :grin:

An Ant-Man teaser scene may be included in credits of "Iron Man 3"....

I for one am all for any future Marvel movie goodness. I'll be eagerly looking forward to all the titles announced so far.

Do you think Captain America: Winter Soldier (Or even Thor: TDW) will have Red Skull in it?

Because at the end of Captain America (Spoilers people :tongue:, Red Skull is teleported by the Cosmic Cube, to where I think is Asgard.

I think it'd be funny just for Schmidt to be walking around Asgard wondering where he is, and then worshiping Odin and all the Asgardians, and then get kicked when Rogers tell Thor who he really is.

While I doubt it'll happen, a Civil War type deal would be an interesting plot for Avengers 2, though it probably won't a big impact with just 6 superheroes so far (not counting Ant-Man).

While I doubt it'll happen, a Civil War type deal would be an interesting plot for Avengers 2, though it probably won't a big impact with just 6 superheroes so far (not counting Ant-Man).

I think that for that to happen, either A: The'd have to introduce more characters (Doc Strange and Black Panther perhaps?) :wub: Or B: Get the rights back to Spidey, Fantastic 4, and Daredevil (Which may happen this fall) :excited:. X-men don't have a huge roll in Civil War, but Spidey and Fantastic 4 do.

I read in an interview with someone from Sony that Spiderman could appear in an Avengers sequel, as it would prove profitable for both Disney and Sony. :wub:

I read in an interview with someone from Sony that Spiderman could appear in an Avengers sequel, as it would prove profitable for both Disney and Sony. :wub:

Profitable is right; I read somewhere that Disney was going to include the shot of a building from Amazing Spider-Man in the Avengers (Oscorp, maybe) during the NYC battle, but it didn't get done in time or something.

If they do bring in the Fantastic Four, which I doubt, I wonder who they'll have play Johnny Torch? :laugh:

Profitable is right; I read somewhere that Disney was going to include the shot of a building from Amazing Spider-Man in the Avengers (Oscorp, maybe) during the NYC battle, but it didn't get done in time or something.

This is correct. It also gives me hope for a possible Disney/Sony collaboration for Avengers 2!

Great to know that an Ant-man movie will be made, it will almost surely include the Wasp in there. Both will eventually find themselves in Avengers 2, rightfully so considering they're two of the founding members of the team in the comics.

I read somewhere that Disney was going to include the shot of a building from Amazing Spider-Man in the Avengers (Oscorp, maybe) during the NYC battle, but it didn't get done in time or something. If they do bring in the Fantastic Four, which I doubt, I wonder who they'll have play Johnny Torch? :laugh:

It would be cool to have Spidey join make an appearance in the Avengers sequel (even as a one-time "I'll help you this time" thing). I guess it makes sense since they've cast a B-list actor (Andrew Garfield) the same way the other Avenger movies had (Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Cap, Mark Rufallo as Hulk, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye), it would still be financially-feasible to have a huge cast of heroes for a 'beefed-up' Avengers line-up (only RDJ, Scarlet J., and SLJ command high talent fees).

I think it would be a stretch to get the F4 in there, considering they're a 'separate' team who has helped the Avengers in the comics but not technically 'joined' the team under the Avengers name. And it would be a director's nightmare to give each hero a significant exposure in the movie. I'd already be happy even it was only the Ant-man, Wasp, and Spidey added to the Avengers. :sweet:

Spidey would be great in the next Avengers movie! The only reason I could see Sony not wanting to do it would be that they would somehow have to incorporate it into Amazing Spider-Man 2. They can't just have Garfield show up and not explain it at all in the Spidey movie. I don't think that would be much of a problem with how much money they could potentially make with beefing up Avengers 2 with even more heroes!

Spidey would be great in the next Avengers movie! The only reason I could see Sony not wanting to do it would be that they would somehow have to incorporate it into Amazing Spider-Man 2. They can't just have Garfield show up and not explain it at all in the Spidey movie. I don't think that would be much of a problem with how much money they could potentially make with beefing up Avengers 2 with even more heroes!

I'm pretty sure if ever there will be an Avengers-Spidey collaboration the top honchos of Disney/Marvel and Sony they would've planned way ahead and would've figured out how the storylines would pan out for each movie franchise. And it's not as if Spidey would be a regular member of Avengers, it may be just a one deal thing where he just helps the Avengers against a formidable opponent (Thanos?), and when the task is finished Spidey could go back to his single-hero duties in NYC (just like Spidey's cameos in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon series).