Sign in to follow this  
eurotrash

MOC: Minifig Greenhouse

indexed.gif B-OV-39E

<Takes deep breath>

Here's my first published MOC on Eurobricks.

I had purchased the Apple Tree House last year, but felt it was lacking in something, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what. Then I had a chance to visit my closest Lego Shop and grap a whole bunch of 2 x 2 Trans Clear Panels. Bingo! I'd build a greenhouse for the original Creator Kit. I hadn't seen too many other Lego MOC Greenhouses and had nothing to go on, so after a bit of trial and error and a Bricklink order to fill in the missing hinges this is what I came up with.

8235902383_d145e5ca7d_c.jpg

The roof isn't physically attached to the base, but the Minifig is very busy at work inside looking after the young plants

8235899653_21e1abe52f_c.jpg

But he's got to be careful of the Triffid in the corner!

8236959846_7c5a5e52d9_c.jpg

Hope you like it! Let me know what improvements I could make to it.

eurotrash

Very nice indeed!!! The fig reminds me of my dad, he likes to fiddle around in his small green house as well ;)

I really like this.... Great idea to make the glass roof and the details inside just finish it off perfectly.

Nice work!

Looks great. My school has one of those on campus for horticulture classes. I really like the design, nice work!

Nice building with a great interior. I like the simplicity of the design, which suits a greenhouse really well.

The only thing I would change is to add some clear cheese slopes on the top part of the walls that the roof sits on (where the exposed studs are). This would reduce the blockiness of that part of the building and just smooth it out a little.

I am curious about the brown and tan building in the background. Looks like a nice house.

Geat Greenhouse! very simple but it is a very good MOC. The plants on the tables are great, and I like the table on the backside with risers, reminds me exactly of my grandparents greenhouse great job!

The only thing I would change is to add some clear cheese slopes on the top part of the walls that the roof sits on (where the exposed studs are). This would reduce the blockiness of that part of the building and just smooth it out a little.

I am curious about the brown and tan building in the background. Looks like a nice house.

Dang! I'd forgotten about the cheese - I was looking for a stack of Trans Slope 45 1 x 2, but they seemed so expensive

The Brown and Tan building in the background is a WIP for an old half timbered house. It still needs some fettling and an interior, but it's coming along.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Really nice greenhouse, so similar to my granparents' one. My minifigs could use a greenhouse too, even though their climate is so much better than what's outside my window. Love the Triffid! :laugh: