Legocastlegirl

Western House

Ok, Brick Miner and Brickster no fighting over her! We don't need a high noon shootout around here... X-D

As for constructive criticism...

I'm no expert of Western houses, but that building looks more commercial to me and has me thinking "hotel". When I think of a western house I think "little house on the prairie" but maybe that's just due to my limited western knowledge.

That aside, I am wondering why are there picket fences acting as a bannister on the balcony, personally I'd use black fences like these:

30055.png

But that depends whether you're the type to acquire pieces from BrickLink or you only limit yourself to what you have.

The horse drinking out of the water trough is a nice touch.

Looks nice and authentic. Like something from a Western Show Town. I can hear someone is shouting "Action" and the brawl is starting....

I like it! Especiallly the chain to the water barrel... I do have to agree with Phes about the fence type though. Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Hello Legocastlegirl !!!

phes has made a great assesment of your MOC... it looks very accurate for a western commercial building !!! i've always been a fan of two story buldings for the WW, even though LEGO never gave us any in their official line. so, great job on all of that.

i am wondering though, are there window panes on the second level windows ??? are they black, i mean, and we just can see them ??? i think a consistant color would really bring this MOC together ;-)

i also like that you used lanterns as opposed to the open flame that the official LEGO WW sets had. that open flame coming straight out of the wood wall never really looked right to me *wacko*

great to have another WW fan around (even if she is primarily a castle fan :-D ;-) )

thanks for sharing - BrickMiner

Hi Brick Miner,

there are no window panes on the second level, because i have only two windows with it yet. :'-(

One of my next buys will be a big set with windows and doors.

That

It's certainly a good start. *y*

But I think just this building alone is a little bland, a whole block of different style buildings, doesn't have to be alot, 3 is fine, would definatly be more interesting. But what is the brown chain that hangs from the top of the building into the large barrel?

That aside, I am wondering why are there picket fences acting as a bannister on the balcony, personally I'd use black fences like these:

30055.png

Yes, it's not the typical choice but that's what gives this MOC character!

Welcome to Eurobricks Legocastlegirl. I like your MOC and you picked a great theme to build to.

I like the use of the arched doors at ground level and the WW windows and shutters (can't go wrong with the traditional WW look).

I like the water trough. Nice detail and your image shows just enough water to get the idea. The chain to the barrel is also a nice touch. I'm thinking that it's a shower. Simple use of a few pieces that adds nice detail.

I'm guessing that your MOC is more a Hotel than a house (at least that's what it looks like to me). It's always hard to build with limited pieces, so I can appreciate the use of the white fence pieces for the balcony. Lego sells a grey fence piece in bulk in the U.S. (maybe it's also available in Germany). I used the white fence pieces for my WW Grave Stone Chapel pictured here: Shadow Chapel

I just got a few of these recently from Lego's "Pick a Brick" and must say that I like these, but more for a fence.

You might try building up the front of your building roof with 1x (X) bricks to make a sign. Often times, old WW buildings had sort of a front facade on the outside. See the image below for an example:

Ghost-town400.gif

Overall, this is a nice beginning WW MOC. I'd love to see you share more of your designs with us as you build more. Good luck and again Welcome!

Nice little model with the few bricks you had ! As said by the others, it is always challenging to build with a limited assortment of pieces.

There are a few sets that could contain interesting bricks for you, one being the vikking fortress (wooden walls). Other than that, you could also take a look at the online shop at home.

Back on the MOC, I like the small details you put in here, and I hope you'll keep this kind of thing in your upcoming MOCs.

Hi Brick Miner,

there are no window panes on the second level, because i have only two windows with it yet. :'-(

One of my next buys will be a big set with windows and doors.

That