Rufus

Welcome to LEGO Architecture Month!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

gallery_6705_159_58620.jpg

Eurobricks is proud to present Architecture Month!

Over the coming weeks, we'll be bringing you competitions, new Architecture reviews, and insight into the LEGO® Architecture range.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We kick off with an exclusive, in-depth review of the latest in the LEGO® Architecture Range - 21012 Sydney Opera House -

by our very own Aussie Root Administrator Siegfried!

SOH_review2_640.jpg

Click the picture, or here, to read this in-depth review, brought to you with thanks to The LEGO® Group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now live!

6870913259_3f3ed3d1dc_z.jpg

To help celebrate Architecture Month, Eurobricks is proud to present its first Architecture Building Contest!

For more information, and to see the fantastic prizes available, read the Discussion Thread in Special Themes!

20 April 2012: Winners are Announced!

Another Architecture Exclusive Review!

gallery_6705_159_120772.jpg

Keep an eye on this topic for more exciting features coming in the next few weeks!

Feel free to discuss Architecture Month in this thread.

Woohoo! A contest I may have a chance of placing in! :laugh: Sounds like fun. I wonder if there will be an avatar change?

Dakar

I am really pleased to see this theme get some attention. While I love the minifigure and all it entails, I think the architecture sets embody what Lego is all about- creating a model of something recognizable out of just regular bricks. Sure, they're just for display, but I have a great time building them.

I wish I had the skill and confidence (and photography skills) to get in on a contest, but alas, I'll just have to admire everyone's work. :excited:

Yes! So glad this theme's getting more attention! (I may be a bit biased toward it, what with the whole having an Architecture degree thing. Plus Fallingwater singlehandedly brought me out of my dark ages.) I'm really excited to see what the contest is - I will probably finally enter one.

Lovely work on the banner, guys. (Hinck's work?) :wub: I especially love the Architecture-themed EB logo with the path of the stars traced out.

Fantastic! While this may not be the most popular themes around, the new skin and upcoming contest are awesome! :thumbup:

Woot! Love the new skin and banner. And I'm really looking forward to the building contest. I remember discussion about one way back when the Architecture line first started, about building little mini monuments and important buildings. If it's anything like that... count me in! :thumbup:

I especially love the Architecture-themed EB logo with the path of the stars traced out.

The EB Logo is by Brickthing :wub:

But the rest of it was done by you. :tongue:

Splendid work, both of you! :thumbup:

Splendid work, both of you! :thumbup:

There was also Shadows who made the rest of the skin (background, buttons, etc.).

Rufus -> Banner

Brickthing -> EB Logo

Shadows -> skin

This was really an international team effort :thumbup:

Fun, fun! :sweet:

I've contributed already:

6929145975_9d4d632563_m.jpg

Now I can just lean back and watch the rest of the month proceed. :grin:

Well, this certainly was unexpected... I'm not a big fan of the Architecture line. Not sure if it's the lack of minifigs or just the ridiculous prices, but I've never had much interest in the sets. Also, I think there are many more fun themes to base a month on, and it seems to me that this idea came from TLG rather than from our admins, but maybe it's just me. I do like the new banner and skin, though, and look forward to the entries in the contest. :thumbup:

So, does this mean that the CMF Series 6 contest will be put off for another month because of this? :sceptic:

Well, this certainly was unexpected... I'm not a big fan of the Architecture line. Not sure if it's the lack of minifigs or just the ridiculous prices, but I've never had much interest in the sets. Also, I think there are many more fun themes to base a month on, and it seems to me that this idea came from TLG rather than from our admins, but maybe it's just me. I do like the new banner and skin, though, and look forward to the entries in the contest. :thumbup:

So, does this mean that the CMF Series 6 contest will be put off for another month because of this? :sceptic:

I'm going to have to agree with Oky. Not to be a downer, (I like the banner) but Architecture wasn't my first choice for a themed month. I like sets and MOCs that can incorporate minifigs. Still, this should be an interesting month.

I love microscale for buildings. I need to build a replica of where I work before they knock it down. It's not a special building in any way, but it has been a daily feature in my life for 12 years... (My old school is opposite the building I now work in, heh)

Beautiful work on the banner and all the artwork around the site. :thumbup::wub:

The architecture theme is certainly unique and interesting.

Fantastic work, Brickthing. That is probably the best variant I have seen of the EB logo in my 2-year experience here. (including lurking period) :drool:

Great theme month idea, I like the unexpected! :thumbup: I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us. While I don't own any of the Architecture sets, I think that some great quality models have been released over the years.

I think no one mentioned it yet, the buiding contest picture is just wow! :sweet: I don't even understand what the light source is!