Sign in to follow this  
fred67

Miniatur Wunderland

Amazing layout; not just trains but planes, buses, moving ships, and a myriad of other details. Sorry if it's been posted, or if people are uninterested because it's not LEGO, but I expect a lot of people on this forum are model train enthusiasts who might appreciate it.

The site of the people who made it (in German) is Miniatur-Wunderland.de, probably the most useful place to find pictures is here, on their brochures page.

Edited by fred67

Interesting you posted this Fred. A friend had sent me a link/video of the display over the weekend and I had considered posting. The entire display is truly amazing. Personally, I am most impressed with the airport, esp. the airplanes that almost take off. I also like seeing the trains journey through various countries, like the Western United States.

This display provides a lot of inspiration for LEGO Train fans wanting to create a layout. Thanks for sharing and let's make sure we tie this topic back to LEGO Trains.

EDIT: I did swap your topic description with the main title to help search/find in the future.

This display provides a lot of inspiration for LEGO Train fans wanting to create a layout. Thanks for sharing and let's make sure we tie this topic back to LEGO Trains.

It does.. it makes my head spin with ideas on using PF to automate things on a LEGO layout.

I'm not a train-nut and dont know much about trains. But I love technics and electronics and stuff.

I have watched all "Gerrits tagebuch" series (he that have designet the Knuffingen airport at the Miniature Wunderland). And just love all the things that they have done. I live in northern part of Norway, but some day I have to take a a trip to Hamburg to see this Miniature Wunderland for myself :)

There they also have a lot of cars driving around with a Faller Car system, but they have made it a little more advanced with lights and sound and remote control of speed.

There are a lots of ideas to take from this layout for us to put into our LEGO creations :)

I have visited it a several times and I am every time impressed, by their passion and creativity they put into this incredible layout. My favourite area is the Airport, but the driving fire brigades in the whole layout are also fantastic! A must-see, at least when you are in Hamburg!

Yes i was sent this video in an email too. Very impressive layout. Would be an interesting challenge to make some moving cars and trucks in a lego train layout similar to what is done here.

Breathtaking, the entire layout(s) are amazingly done. I have much respect for the builders of these, it must have been really hard to build all this and put it together like that.

Would be an interesting challenge to make some moving cars and trucks in a lego train layout similar to what is done here.

See these two threads:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57230

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63317

And I'm also experimenting with PF:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63984

And this is just the start.... (also see my signature ;) )