lorax

Surfing Santa

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

To sit beside my gingerbread house (for a Christmas library display) my husband and I built a closer to home Christmas.

So here is our surfing Santa...

6357463567_8dd0c47c2b.jpg

Australian Santa beach scene by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

6357463029_aca2847046.jpg

santa surfing by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

Our surf lifesavers

6357462427_d9653a158c.jpg

Surf Lifesavers by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Great MOC 'lorax' !! The thing I love most about the scene, is the minifig buried neck deep in the sand !! :laugh: Priceless

Great job 'lorax' !! :sweet:

Nice MOC, just not too fond of the fleshie mixed with the yellows. Oh and what's the MOC have to do with the Nocturnus guild??

Nice MOC, just not too fond of the fleshie mixed with the yellows. Oh and what's the MOC have to do with the Nocturnus guild??

:laugh: Surf lifesavers set up red and yellow flags to show which area is safest to swim (to avoid rips etc). We just happened to have the Nocturnus flags lying around to do the job.

With the fleshie, we wanted him to have a different 'fake' skin tone (to reflect his vanity and fake tan).

Edited by lorax

Your building just continues to improve with every MOC.:thumbup: You gotta love Santa on a long board.

Fake tan = priceless! :laugh:

Your building just continues to improve with every MOC.:thumbup: You gotta love Santa on a long board.

Fake tan = priceless! :laugh:

Thanks Taz, I think it is because I am learning so much from others, like yourself.

This is cool - not something I really associate with the Christmas season (besides the chap on the surfboard, of course), but of course that's because I live in the UK :tongue:

The water in the MOC is really, really well done, especially the wave around the surfboard!