Lego Man Can

LEGO Train Track

Does anyone know of any places that sell Track reasonably cheap? I am looking for a place in the UK, but anywhere will do really. Also, the track that I need are: 5 packs of Straight and Flexible (or Straight and curved) and 1 pack on switch points. I will be very grateful to anyone who can supply a link.

P.S If I can get this track fairly cheap, I will post pictures of my layout, with a tram I plan to build! :laugh:

Does anyone know of any places that sell Track reasonably cheap?

The first thing to do is to search on bricklink.com

Where can I find it cheap?

Not even Lego Man Can.

:wink:

Jokes aside: Track is expensive. But if you're buying several sets, I'd try looking in the US, where Lego prices are generally lower than in Europe.

Cheapest way to obtain track is to buy the passenger or cargo sets and sell off what you don't want.

Passenger train for example can be bought for £82 from amazon. It is possible to make a center car from the 2 outer cars. You can sell the center car plus the second center car you have made up and get £20 to £25 each for them on ebay after paying fees etc. You can then sell the power funtion bits and easily get another £45

This means you have made your money back, the track and other bits have cost you nothing. You have to put in some time to list things but you can end up with the bits you want as well as making some money as well!

How cheap is cheap?

TLG sells it in 2 packs, points and straight/flex as you mentioned which is average priced if you can find it in a LEGO store, Bricklink has alot of every kind of track ever made by TLG. Ebay also has alot for sale right now.

Edited by Macoco

if it's ok for you to go with non-lego parts, you can try using enlighten brand tracks. they are sold in brown color (that I think it's better suited than the dark bl gray). if you have time to look for them, their price can be even at 5/6€ each box, tracks or points.

have a nice train lego day

mrBlue

Cheapest way to obtain track is to buy the passenger or cargo sets and sell off what you don't want.

Passenger train for example can be bought for £82 from amazon. It is possible to make a center car from the 2 outer cars. You can sell the center car plus the second center car you have made up and get £20 to £25 each for them on ebay after paying fees etc. You can then sell the power funtion bits and easily get another £45

This means you have made your money back, the track and other bits have cost you nothing. You have to put in some time to list things but you can end up with the bits you want as well as making some money as well!

Thanks for the idea, and I looking deeply at this, but do you know what the 2 out cars are called, because I would like the find them on ebay but I can seem to. Thanks again!

Easiest way to search on ebay is to seach for 'Lego 7938' or for 'Lego 7939'

This will give you results which show both the complete sets and the individual parts being sold. There is a centre coach listed as a buy-it-now for £24 but they tend to sell for slightly more if sold by auction (bidders get carried away!) and if the parts are still sealed in the bag

Hope that helps :classic:

It's because more straight track is needed on a decent sized layout than curves and the set boxes never have enough of it. It's a simple supply and demand situation really.

Because I'm well known for making use of clone parts I could state the obvious, but I'll be a good girl and I won't :wink:

Track is one of those items where lego is almost always cheaper. Ebay and Bricklink both are usually higher on everything but flexible pieces. I just buy the 7499 set and use the flexible track for spur tracks ,bridge track and yard tracks.

Bill

Someone definately has to "borrow" an injection molding machine from Lego and make us all huge piles of straight track. Haha

I noticed amazon Italy were selling 7499 packs of straight track for about £11 before Christmas. Now all the European amazon sites have put the price up to around £20. I guess there must be alot of demand from people who got a lego train set for xmas. So shop.lego is definately the cheapest at the moment.

Straight track is a choke point, see a few earlier threads, e.g., here and here. If you want to do it on the cheap- Enlighten might be the way to go. If you want to do it top notch, BBB or ME Models might be a good way to go (though both are still in the prototype phase at the moment).