Jipay

New Skin

Thanks to Brickminer, you can now post in your very own designed forum. Comments are welcome !

Its all looking pretty good except the font used for the graphical button hasn't melded for me yet...

Whoa! This is one cool skin! The only thing I don't really like are the dark green bricks as the background.

He's the bad guy trying to steal the gem ! But look, he's coming ! Fast !

Heya this is a very very pretty skin... :-) :-) :-)

Now it's pretty much LEGOish ;-)

Greetings from Serbia

Truly Magnificent BM !! Many tks for your great contribution ;-)

Now we only need special smileys (but keeping Yoda is a must :-P ) ;-)

*yoda*

Thanks Brickminer! I think the new skin looks really neat! I might like the Adventurer tile pieces in the background that you had more then the bricks, but they both look fine. :-)

hey everybody !!! im glad the overall response is good... let me take a moment to describe the new skin...

BANNER:

i wanted to take advantage of so many SYSTEM themes coming together in one forum. this was truly a unique opportunity... my original concept was to have a LEGO catalog cover look, where all the themes are in a juxtaposed fashion. the LEGO catalog covers also tell something of a story, even if it

Very nice. My only complaint/dislike is the head icons on the posts. I don't like having to think about which posts I've read and which are new.

Steve

if you see the minifig face CLEARLY then there is a new post since your last visit.

if the head is HAZED OVER by the respective color then there is nothing new...

- clear blue for "new replies"

- hazed blue for "no new replies"

- clear red for "new posts in a hot topic"

- hazed red for "no new posts in a hot topic"

- clear purple for "new replies in a poll"

- hazed purple for "no new replies in a poll"

- clear green for "moved"

- hazed green for "locked"

actually same as before !!! does any of that make sense ???

- BrickMiner

Maybe it makes it haredr because of the contrast. Ever thought of the use of black and white ? Still I like the idea heads a lot ! It reminds us of what universe we are evolving in !

Brick Miner, we see an artist spirit in your work, and more with your explanations. We see that it is a worked work! I can imagine how hard it was to mix together the differnt themes of this forum!

The new skin is a wonderful surprise, Brick Miner. You did a great job of meshing all four themes together. The background and colors are quite unbiased as to what theme is being represented.

Great job!

Fantastic design, good job *y* But where are my classic knights? :'-(
ya, the minifig selection was hard... i wanted to capture some figs from different generations of LEGO kids, so that everyone could relate a bit...

the western fig is 1996

the adventurers fig is 1998

knight fig is 2000

and viking is 2004

so i captured nearly a decade worth of figs.

it would have been great to get a classic castle fig in there... i originally wanted the royal knights king... but he was pretty expensive (incluidng his cape he would have been around 12 USD). remember, im really only a western, adventurers, and pirate fan, so i didn't have a lot of these figs on hand. i had to buy the knight and viking on BrickLink especially for this new skin.

also, a classic castle fig (would not only be expensive) but would have not meshed as well with these other, NEWER figs... it was really important that everything blended seamlessly !!!

*SIDE NOTE: me and jipay are currently discussing creating a new skin for "theater" and "town" also. if anyone can contribute minifig photos for those two themes, it would be greatly appriciated. i will only be looking for certain figs (not just any will do) and you have to be able to take great photos. that means lighting, resolution, angel all have to be prefect !!!

thanks everyone, for all the kind words so far !!!

- BM

I could probably take a few pictures of some Star Wars figs if you needed them. But since I don't have that large a collection it'd depend on which you wanted. Yoda would probably be the best man for that job though.

Well yes, I guess yoda and I will take care of the picture lol. We both have good cameras.

Well yes, I guess yoda and I will take care of the picture lol. We both have good cameras.

lool yes and don't forget loads of figs as well !! :-D

*yoda*