Sign in to follow this  
sok117

Isla de la Muerta

5897430715_4e123b5164.jpg

Isla de la Muerta by sok117, on Flickr

Yo Ho Ho! This be my entry into the Pirates of the Caribbean building contest argh! Every pirate who has sailed the seven seas has heard the story of the duel between Captain Jack Sparrow and his mutinying first mate Barbossa! Story says they both dipped their hands into a little cursed treasure and became immortal!

5897994772_fc0d1aeb95.jpg

Duel of two immortals by sok117, on Flickr

Never had their been a battle like this before! In the darkness, they be human, but the moonlight show them for what they truly are, dead men walking! :pir-oh3:

5897995002_d06a836055.jpg

Spot the treasures! by sok117, on Flickr

Argh, how they be able to concentrate on dueling with all that sparky (dull) treasure lying around!

5897994908_d6d72df4cf.jpg

spot the treasures! by sok117, on Flickr

There be more treasure here then in all of King Georges colonies :pir-wub: ! Yar!

5897994834_abc74a2330.jpg

Will and Elizabeth, ready to break the curse by sok117, on Flickr

Argh, In the end, Barbossa was bested when the blood of Bootstrap Bill was used to break the curse, argh, it be quite the riviting tail indeed!

This is my entry into the POTC contest, If I were to win, I'd take "the Mill" :pir-classic: yarr!

argh, ye best be checking the rest of the set on Flickr!

Edited by sok117

Another great entry! This is a great scene and you did a nice job of capturing it. I like the water around the alter with the stone chest and the three undead pirates who attack Will and Elizabeth are a nice touch to improve a great scene! The gold everywhere seems acurate along with C-3PO, I'm pretty sure that he's in a movie or something like that :pir-tongue:.

Some things I would do for improvement. First, I think that you should have Will and Elizabeth fighting the other three undead pirates off to the side. Either that or have Will cutting his hand to release the curse. Also, not to be rude but I really don't like the flesh colored hands for Jack the monkey; it just doesn't look the same as the yellow ones.

Great job! i really like it! but indeed, Jack the monkey with fleshie hands looks a bitt strange somehow... i've tried it also, but it just doesn't look right in a weird kind of way... good luck in the contest!

Very nice, great variation in the treasure and nice effect on the water, the shopped picture doesn't really add anything to the moc, either way it's very nice, good job.

Nice entry and you beat me in realising the same idea. I'll still post my version (still under construction), which will be from the first scene in the cave, where Elizabeth's blood didn't work. I do agree with things mentioned before. Will and Elizabeths position is a bit off. They should be fighting the undead or you could remove the undead and place Jack and Barbosa into different position with the guns ...

Also the first photoshopped image really does the creation no justice. It's fuzzy and not clear. Better put on the non shopped version of the whole MOC.

But about the monkey, I do find it interesting with the fleshy hands and it does not bother me a bit. Some prefer yellow and some prefer flesh, but you really can't combine these two colours or the MOC gives you the feeling of beeing rushed or unfinished.

Great work and good luck in the competition!

P.S. I noticed you missed the word 'Entry' in the subtitle, so ask a mod to edit it for you.

Edited by MstrOfPppts

I fixed the subtitle for you. :pir-classic:

Nice MOC. Although it is relatively simple, you executed the little details well that make it come together like the placement of the treasure. Interesting first photo as well; is that a sketch effect or something?

Another good and recognizable entry :thumbup:

It looks good with so much treasure. Unfortunately the movie scene is quite boring with not much more than water, rocks and treasure.

But you recreated it very well. Perhaps you could make a photo-edited image with those moonlight beams.

Good luck in the contest!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I wanted to put Will and Elizabeth where they are because there is a) no room for both of them plus ended pirates in the alcove and b) I wanted to create one central viewing area where you could see the duel in the forground and the breaking of the curse in the background. The undead pirates were added just to spruce it up a bit.

I don't really see a problem with the flesh hands on Jack, I don't think it will make or break my chances for winning, and I'm not gonna re shoot everything just to switch yellow hands! :pir-tongue:

I don't really care much for the positions of the characters, I don't mind If their a bit off, the main things I wanted to show in this moc were the treasure, and the water, and The duel between jack and Barbossa. So the placment of the two was just to make them seen. If they were off in the wings, again, you wouldn't be able to see it altogether.

I think I used a sketch effect to create the shopped image, forgive me if it's bad, but I'm still learning, If you want to see the original, it's in my flickr set that I've linked to in my entry.

And thanks for fixing the title Erdbeereis!

I see you've used all your golden parts, from C3PO to such things as a roman soldier's helmet, and also the Indiana Jones' crystal skull... I like it and consider as a great, humouristic feature of your MOC.

The water is very well done, those scattered tiny parts make a natural impression of wavy water.

The rocks behind are also pretty fine. Pity you haven't added a normal overall photo, only that first one I don't like - unlike other photos! The next surprise for me was levitating Will - had he drunk a barrel of Red Bull (Red Bull gives you wiiiings!) at the Fancy Dress Party at Elizabeth's, or was it only joy after seeing the treasure which made him fly?.

If I was to improve something, I'd make the rocks a bit different - using some slope parts instead of normal bricks.

Good luck!

Edited by Toltomeja

Thanks for the comments!

And by popular demand, I've changed the first photo to an overall shot!

Superb entry, sok117! Isla de la Muerta was my also my first idea and I wouldn't have done it differently. The overall creation looks very good with a lot of details in the treasures, the skeleton pirates, Jack and Barbossa fighting and of course the lovers who are ready to break the curse. The structure of the rocks also look good, but they could use a bit of light grey to create a little bit of differentiation (although the scenes in the cave were very dark). The water looks good with those trans blue 1x1 round plates, but perhaps a bit too wild. As I remember there were only puddles of calm water. Good luck in the contest! :pir_laugh2:

Gold! :pir-oh3:

I love the way the treasure is spread about and I see some special elements such as the Hovitos Idol and golden Brick Daddy's head. :pir-sweet:

The 1x1 round plates as water is ingenous, but It does look a bit like a rushing river rather than a stream; but that is minor.

To Improve it you could maybe add a red plume to simulate the breaking of the curse with Wil's blood.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Edited by Scorpiox

Haha this is awesome! I like how you included the monkey, C3P0, and the crystal skull.

Hey!

You did a very good job! It is fantastic!

I'm a PotC Fan too!

I want to build The Black Pearl!

It's wonderful to see the Cursed Battel !

See you later!