24 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding!

thindexedgif.gif

The Captain Ironhook and two of his men have been forced to survive in the open sea without a ship, however, these three skillful smugglers have shown an incredible ability to build this great raft, and show their pride to being pirates!... and start to be called as

6261.jpg

Raft Raiders

Set #: 6261

Theme: Pirates

Year Released: 1992

Piece Count: 81

Minifigs: 3

List Price: $13.25 (USD) according brickset ($10.22 according my set :pir-tongue: )

This is my first review, and I hope to complete all expectations of review of set as interesting as this

Box Art:

The box art is common to the whole line of pirates, with islets here and there. With the recommendation of the age from 7 to 12 ... I´m not agree :pir_laugh2:

Front:

dscf3272.jpg

Appears that the shark is a good pet for this scruffy group

Back:

dscf3274.jpg

I have to say, I like that kind of cart

Instructions and Brochure

dscf3271.jpg

yes, I know you remember this catalog, here a picture of the pirate collection

dscf3277.jpg

lets see closely...

dscf3280.jpg

:pir-oh3:, the raft raiders are at the heart of the action

Instructions

simple, neat, easy to follow:

dscf3275.jpg

All pieces

dscf3270.jpg

p.s. the cable is out of picture

Men

Iroonhook and a twins brothers, or in Eurobricks emoticons: :pirate:,:pirate: & :pir-classic:

good: 3 different body parts, 4 weapons for 3 buccaneers

not so good: only 1 set of coins, 2 repeated heads

dscf3282.jpg

I know, I know, I didn't take picture with the shark, I forgot it!

Parts of interest

the sail, the mini-mast and 6 barrels (yeah, you read well, 6 barrels :pir-wub:)

dscf3283.jpg

construction: half of the process

So far, the raft doesn't have much form

dscf3284.jpg

but finished, it looks great!

dscf3285.jpg

Now, lets play!

Shark-vision

dscf3286.jpg

The battle for the oar

dscf3287.jpg

Caribean Rafting Race

dscf3290.jpg

lego sets 6240, 6261 and 6257

you remember that I like one of the designs on the back of the box, this one:

dscf3289.jpg

here is my attempt

dscf3288.jpg

Summary

Design: 8/10. Good design, which requires some improvement in the mast rigging, but is itself a great raft with which you can survive in the sea

Playability: 10/10. three pirates+ four weapons+ one shark + lots of usefull parts = hours of fun, promise!

Parts: 9/10. good: six barrels, great mini pirate sail, two short mast rigging, lots of modified 1 x 1 with Clip

bad: two repeated minifigs heads, just one oar

6261 Rafter Raiders Verdict: 27/30.

Great set, useful for increasing the Pirate population and to provide components for other MOC's , especially small boats with the mast riggings and a lovely sail :thumbup:

Thanks for the review! When I was I child I had this set but was more fond of the crane-version on the back of the box. I combined the crane-version of this set and sets 6266, 6259 and 6265 into a trading outpost and all the pirates turned into merchants with a strange taste of fashion.

Ahw, this brings back childhood! Thanks again.

PS: no poll? :pir-classic:

Edited by Horry

Ahw, this brings back childhood! Thanks again.

thanks for your comment!, that was intentional

PS: no poll? :pir-classic:

sorry, I don't have the degree yet, maybe someone higher in this forum can add the poll

27/10??? *huh*

sorry :pir-tongue:, my bad!

Nice review Brig. Brick. :pir-classic:

Weren't you going to join the Reviewers' Academy though?

I can add the poll, what do you want it to say?

Nice review Brig. Brick. :pir-classic:

Weren't you going to join the Reviewers' Academy though?

thanks!... where do I sign?

I can add the poll, what do you want it to say?

one of the things would I like is that all review were standardized, so, the common the poll is the scale of 1 to 5, with a 5 is Outstanding and 1 is a terrible or poor set

I've added a poll, and voted "Above Average"

It's a rather good set, but I think the price is slightly too high because the black and grey bricks aren't very rare, and on a raft you'd expect brown bricks.

Thanks for the review! You can (and should :pir-classic:) join the academy here.

I enjoyed seeing these photos, this set has a very special meaning to me. It was the first Pirates set I've had when I was little. Thinking about it, I should build it again and display it for the sake of it. pirate_laugh2.gif

A Great Small Set specially the Sail, very unique!...i bought recently this set and waiting to put hands on it :)...

Also, will make a review

Thanks for this Thread

Somehow I feel Lego were much more "generous" back in the days. Look at the two recent rafts in Pirates II and III... No sail (unless you count that little mantle on the latest one) :( Also no wheels on the cannons in the ship etc. Though I think the new minifigures are better than the old ones. Love both classic and modern lego though. : )

I ask myself for years why are always (since 1992) the cover of the barrels are missing. It don´t look good.

In 6242 Soldiersfort was a cover but in the wrong collor, why TLG? WHY? It makes my crazy.pirate_cry4.gifpir_wacko.gif

Somehow I feel Lego were much more "generous" back in the days. Look at the two recent rafts in Pirates II and III... No sail (unless you count that little mantle on the latest one) :( Also no wheels on the cannons in the ship etc. Though I think the new minifigures are better than the old ones. Love both classic and modern lego though. : )

The quality also were high top compared to now days

I had this set as a kid, and absolutely loved it. My fav part was the torso with the knife, I felt back then like Lego couldn't be more badass haha. Also that white sail with skull was amazing.

I'd love Lego to reissue that torso with knife, but with a back print this time.

While my main love is the 1989-91 sets... I have always had a soft spot for this boat! So much so that I bought two. :pir-sweet: