A little news

Lego 10218 Petshop

This new modular home, released in 2011, actually consists of two modular homes.

The first is a house that is painted by the workman. The second is a petshop. The set back has several small figures,

a green bike, various animals including a parrot, a sheepdog and a brown cat!

translated from here!

not sure how accurate it is.............

10218 Pet Shop

Continuing the LEGO® Modular Buildings series, this highly detailed, 3-story Pet Shop building

and townhouse with full internal and external detailing is the perfect addition to your LEGO town.

Greet customers with a menagerie of pets and let them treat them with a selection of toys

and supplies. The pet shop building features a hinged staircase for easy access, upper

apartment with kitchenette and upper loft overlooking the open plan interior below.

To the side, the tastefully appointed townhouse features a detailed ground floor

with accessories and spiral staircase leading to the upper floor. The attic space features

storage boxes and French doors leading out to an elegant front balcony, while the rooftop

garden, complete with fresh vegetables, brightens up the rear of the building.

• Includes 4 minifigures with accessories: pet shop owner, girl on bicycle, painter with paint roller and woman!

• Pet Shop includes dog, cat, 2 parrots and fish tank with goldfish!

• Also includes 3 dog bones, ball, frog toy, birdhouse, bucket and brush!

• Kitchenette features stone fireplace, stove, sink, coffee maker and small table and chair!

• Upper loft features skylight, bed and lamp!

• Townhouse features ground floor with mailbox and mail, hat rack, couch, telephone, toilet and access to basement crawl space!

• Measures 10" (25.5cm) wide and 10.5" (26.5cm) high!

• Combine with other modular buildings, like 10197 Fire Brigade and 10211 Grand Emporium!

All pictures link to HR images which can be +7000.pxl

a_10218_box_front_1000.jpg

b_10218_box_side_200.jpg d3_10218_detail_200.jpg e1_10218_detail_cut_200.jpg d2_10218_detail_200.jpg d_10218_detail_2_200.jpg

d3_10218_detail_hr_200.jpg d4_10218_detail_200.jpg d5_10218_detail_200.jpg d6_10218_detail_200.jpg e2_10218_together_200.jpg

e_10218_detail_3_200.jpg g_10218_detail_5_200.jpg f_10218_dettail_4_200.jpg h_10218_detail_6_200.jpg i_10218_detail_7_200.jpg

j_10218_detail_8_200.jpg k_10218_detail_8_200.jpg l1_10218_detail_9_200.jpg l_10218_detail_9_200.jpg m_10218_detail_10_200.jpg

n_10218_detail_11_200.jpg o_10218_detail_12_200.jpg p_10218_detail_13_200.jpg q_10218_detail_14_200.jpg r_10218_detail_15_200.jpg

A little news

Lego 10218 Petshop

This new modular home, released in 2011, actually consists of two modular homes.

The first is a house that is painted by the workman. The second is a petshop. The set back has several small figures,

translated from here!

A sheepdog.....a border collie ?

Oh, I hope this is true.....I'll get it just for the dog !

(I have a 4 year old border named Bella :wub: )

A painter....a house painter.....fingers crossed - a paint brush (only need a woodsaw and we can have a carpenter as well)

It can't be long now....fingers crossed and toes too ! :grin:

Brick On ! :grin:

MMM thanks for the info...

This petshop is yummy especially if it's really 2 modules, maybe like a double-building market street

Personally, I can not imagine how the concept of two buildings will look.If will be two smaller buildings on a single 32x32 pad or two 16x32 pad.

Personally, I can not imagine how the concept of two buildings will look.If will be two smaller buildings on a single 32x32 pad or two 16x32 pad.

I very much welcome a non 32x32 building. My modular street consist of not only 32x32 but 32x16, 32x26, 32x64, 32x40, and more. In my opinion it add a lot to the street to have different heights and widths.

September is too far away!

Edited by Follows Closely

A little news

Lego 10218 Petshop

translated from here!

Thanks for the information, Grogall. I think it will be interesting to get two buildings in a set. I wonder whether it means small figures as in brickbuilt figures, microfigures or just minifigures translated into a different term. And was there a reason you made the word "shop" red? Can't wait to see the images!

Thanks for the information, Grogall. I think it will be interesting to get two buildings in a set. I wonder whether it means small figures as in brickbuilt figures, microfigures or just minifigures translated into a different term. And was there a reason you made the word "shop" red? Can't wait to see the images!

minifiguren = minifigures :laugh: google translate changed it to (small figures) :sceptic: and Dierenwinkel only translated to pet but i'm sure Petshop is ment!

Edited by grogall

So is this set set in stone now? that it is a petshop, also do we know what month it will be released in? I saw someone say September.

I'm not dissapointed with this if it is a pet shop, I do hope there is more than just a sheepdog, parrot and cat, I would like some new moulds, IMO a puppy dog would be better than a collie, if it's anything like the new police dogs :sick: I do hope the cat is not just plain brown I don't think it would be plain though with all the detail in minifigs recently in series 4 and 5 aswell as the new chicken and goat moulds in the new medievil sets. Perhaps a new snake like an anaconda wrapped around a tree branch? A rabbit would be an absolute must have they could steel the carrots from the veg path :laugh: Anyways I'm going a bit far with this so I'll leave it there :sweet:

This is awesome news, thanks Grogall. :thumbup:

Based on Brikshopnl's history, I'm expecting this to be announced before the end of April, with a May release. That's my prediction anyway. :classic:

I'm fascinated by the house-painting part and wonder if the one module is designed with different colored bricks in the wall to mimic a partially painted wall. It's interesting that they're incorporating an action scene of sorts into this one, and it seems to take it to the next level after the window washer of Grand Emporium. Put all these side by side, and you have a street that looks alive and busy. :)

A little news

Lego 10218 Petshop

translated from here!

I'm from The Netherlands so I will translate it a bit better:

The first is a house that is currently painted by the workman. The second is a petshop. The set has again several minifigures, a green bike, various animals including a parrot, a shepherd and a brown cat!

Edited by mcbbvb

Well Grogall, good news all in all! Many thanks!

The painter idea is once more a great one. It exactly

fits the purpose of giving us once more a batch of

a hard to find color. (did i read sand blue somewhere?)

The idea of two houses bothers me though. Good fun of course,

but it seems a two-peace 16 x 32 baseplate solution to me.

so a pet shop that's 14 studs wide?... dunno bout this..

We'll see, we'll see... :laugh:

Cherry in CC -> GG

Fire hydrant in GG -> FB

handbag in FB -> GE

window cleaner in GE -> dude painting a house in Pet shop

Am I trying way too hard?

Cherry in CC -> GG

Fire hydrant in GG -> FB

handbag in FB -> GE

window cleaner in GE -> dude painting a house in Pet shop

Am I trying way too hard?

Nope but I think that may be it.

Now has anyone considered something, if there is going to be two buildings...first how tall with they be and also how wide ?

Remember all the modular buildings have been three storey ones.....and yeah, I would prefer a border collie over a shepherd (which would be a German Shepherd....just like the new dog mold.. :hmpf_bad: .....now we have too many of that breed !)

Man, do we need images !

Brick On !

Now has anyone considered something, if there is going to be two buildings...first how tall with they be and also how wide ?

Remember all the modular buildings have been three storey ones.....and yeah, I would prefer a border collie over a shepherd (which would be a German Shepherd....just like the new dog mold.. :hmpf_bad: .....now we have too many of that breed !)

Man, do we need images !

Brick On !

Incan't wait for images either :-) however, a three storey house 16 wide shouldn't be a problem, remember the blue 10190 house? That's 16 wide also and looks great IMHO.

Could we a a three storey house with a single storey pet shop with a side that is bare - second and third floor wall with a billboard on it ?

I guess we can only.......guess what this is going to look like eh ? :wink:

Keep on.....guessing ! :grin:

Man, do we need images !

Brick On !

I'm thinking standard 3-storeys, but has two 3-story 16-stud wide houses.

Market Street is $90 but only has one 3-storey 16-wide house and the other half is like a yard; they could easily add that second 3-storey building and very well meet the assumed $150 mark.

I'm thinking standard 3-storeys, but has two 3-story 16-stud wide houses.

Market Street is $90 but only has one 3-storey 16-wide house and the other half is like a yard; they could easily add that second 3-storey building and very well meet the assumed $150 mark.

It will not be two three story buildings. Remember there is no interior to market street. Also the brick count to make thoes two interior walls would push the price point close to $200usd. I would expect two two stories, or a one and three...

Either way, we need some pictures!

A little news

Lego 10218 Petshop

translated from here!

Thanks a lot for the info! so we'll have two separete building right? We can, maybe mix and mach? Or you think will be two separeted building like City corner set?

It will not be two three story buildings. Remember there is no interior to market street. Also the brick count to make thoes two interior walls would push the price point close to $200usd. I would expect two two stories, or a one and three...

Either way, we need some pictures!

if the new mod house is as what you mentioned (1 single storey and 1 three-storey), i would think the single storey should be the pet shop and the 3 storey being the "painting in progress" house as i do not think they will give us a 3-storey house.

then again we are all speculating at the moment. waiting for the pics!!

Not sure how accurate it is, but a few places are reporting the rumour that it'll be out in August at a price point of NZ $299.99.

A quick Xe.com calculation puts it at around £135, so I reckon it'll be around the same price as Grand Emporium at £140-150. This suggests to me that it'll be a full size building, not Market Street style.

Edited by Mr Hobbles