DLuders

Video of New Lego Technic 8069 Backhoe Loader

Wotdim posted a

of the new Lego Technic 8069 Backhoe Loader in action. The new mini Linear Actuators (mLAs) look good.

pTRU1-8996185dt.jpg

This new set is not yet posted on Shop.Lego.com , but is available from Toys R Us for US $60. Wotdim also posted another

of the front bucket's tilting/dumping action:

pTRU1-8996185_alternate1_dt.jpg Edited by DLuders

Looks very boring but some usefull parts on it

ps,why was my post edited?

Edited by davidmull
Removed pointless quote

Hi,

I really like this model, I have to disagree, it is not boring at all.

It is a very interesting model for something without any PFs in it.

It has a lot of moving parts, and if you are giving this as a gift, it will give the boy (girl?) a lot to play with and imagine.

Unlike when PF are involved, the remote control appears to take their fun out of it, and makes it into a VideoGame where they easily get bored and move to play with the computer - as the game offer much more "excitement".

Finally, this model, as it has no PF, can be easily and safely played outside by youngsters without fear of getting it dirty and unuseable because of that.

Thanks,

Noam

Could someone post the partslist here???

Edited by Siegfried
Removed pointless quote

This set is quite fine but nothing of my interest. I own 8455 and this is just an uglier and much cheaper version of it. I am just going to purchase mini LAs and wait for the 8068 Helicopter to come. Hopefuly it will be before X-mas.

Hi,

It has a lot of moving parts, and if you are giving this as a gift, it will give the boy (girl?) a lot to play with and imagine.

Thanks,

Noam

i don't think many girls play with technic apart from milan :laugh: (only joking Milan)

looks like another great model

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

My girlfriend does, but she does not build much. 2 MOCs in two years is not a big deal.

This set is quite fine but nothing of my interest. I own 8455 and this is just an uglier and much cheaper version of it. I am just going to purchase mini LAs and wait for the 8068 Helicopter to come. Hopefuly it will be before X-mas.

8069 is without doubt not as good as 8455... but uglier? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

8069 is without doubt not as good as 8455... but uglier? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I do not like the front part since I saw the first pictures of it. It looks... awkward :hmpf_bad:

8455 looks better to me, too, but we all have different tastes.

Thanks a lot, Alasdair, now my cover is blown! :classic:

The new 8069 is a nice model with lots of playing fun. Love the new LA's!

I do not think that I will buy this set any time soon. Backhoe Loaders are not my cup of tea! (Maybe when its on sale in the summer!)

About my movie:

It's just about 300 pictures and with a little help from moviemaker 2.6. So it not that hard.

Sorry for the initial typo in the videoheader: It's not the 8063 but the 8068! (Corrected it...)

@ZBJL: Thanks for posting it!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

The new 8069 is a nice model with lots of playing fun. Love the new LA's!

I do not think that I will buy this set any time soon. Backhoe Loaders are not my cup of tea! (Maybe when its on sale in the summer!)

A couple of things I notice from the video:

• That's a lot more panels than I was expecting. Some of these are currently hard to find. The white ones may be new.
  • That's a lot of flex axles! It didn't occur to me how many there were until I saw them go on one by one in the video.
  • I'm so glad there's a source for those rare hubcaps from the Ferrari Fiorino set again!

This new 8069 looks like an interresting model. But as others mentioned, it's not as good as the old 8455 or as my fully remote controlled backhoe loader:

Ur backhoe is nice but still i think the 8043 is more realistic

Honestly I don't give a sh*t if the model is poor or not, I'm gonna buy several just for the mLA's. Granted I will build the main model just to expand my mental library of techniques.

But remember this is a "middle to low"-range set, it can't compete with the 8043 and the likes. For it's money I think it looks like pretty good play value for kids.

You can get it for €53 on BrickLink: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=98358

I think this is a pretty nice model. Sure, it's no 8455, but for the $60 price it packs in a lot of functions, and includes a whole bunch of the small LAs.

I do like the appearance of 8455 better though. The proportions here somehow seem off. The front wheels are a bit too large and the backhoe arm is too small given the size of the model.

Ur backhoe is nice but still i think the 8043 is more realistic

But the 8043 is an excavator, my model is a backhoe loader, those are 2 different things. And my Backhoe loader has more functionality than any backhoe TLG ever released.

This new 8069 looks like an interresting model. But as others mentioned, it's not as good as the old 8455

Given it's 40% cheaper (or so) this is no surprise.

Also I don't like your shamelessly advertising your own model. It doesn't belong in this thread. Please make your own thread for that.

I think the new back hoe is very interesting. I'll be the combo breaker, because I think it's more interesting than 8455 (but I'm not into pneumatics), because of all the gear driven functions which are usually quite hard to design.

Edited by Erik Leppen

I totaly agree with you erik leppen !

It's more interesting than 8455 ( i also dislike pneumatic cylinders compared to Las) and this new one contains a lot of usefull parts for my future MOC !

And Jurgen, i don't understand why you compare a model which costs 60euros with your model which have probably to cost 200-250 euros :/

Edited by GuiliuG

I totaly agree with you erik leppen !

It's more interesting than 8455 ( i also dislike pneumatic cylinders compared to Las) and this new one contains a lot of usefull parts for my future MOC !

And Jurgen, i don't understand why you compare a model which costs 60euros with your model which have probably to cost 200-250 euros :/

Because they're all Backhoe's. Same reason as everyone here's comparing the (more expensive) 8455 to the 8069.

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop