Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Let’s go Cosplay! - Minifig Customization Workshop Contest 2010

Dear members of Eurobricks, the Let’s go Cosplay - Minifig Customization Workshop Contest 2010 is now complete. After the entry and voting phases, we are going to announce the 3 lucky and skilled winners of the amazing prizes offered by BrickArms.

Before we write the names, though, I want to thank once again all the entrants for the time and skill they shared in the total of 34 awesome entries we saw in this contest. Some people said they were amazed at the number of entries and at how popular this ‘corner interest’ contest showed to be.

If we can get this kind of positive feedback, it is all because of you customisers, who decided to stand up to the challenge and show us what you can imagine and do!

Now, for the most anticipated part of this post…

The winners are:

1st Place: - gallery_1771_63_20422.jpg – Morgan19 – Kevin Chen as R2-D2 (58 votes)

2nd Place: - gallery_1771_63_40886.jpg – ThePenguin – The Fatman (37 votes)

3rd Place: - gallery_1771_63_23017.jpg – minion – Optimus Prime (28 votes)

The prizes offered by BrickArms will be shipped asap, so the winners are invited to PM me their address info.

This was a really fun contest, and I just wish I could have taken part in it. The winners were certainly deserving. Good job all around.

Congratulations, winners! You all deserve those prizes! :thumbup:

I really enjoyed viewing all the great entries.

It was a nice contest, I hope there will be another one next year :classic:

And to the winners: Congratulations!!

Congratulations to all of the winners! You guys really deserved it. Enjoy your once in a lifetime BA prizes. :thumbup:

Congratulations default_classic.gif, I'm quite happy with the winners.

There were so many great Creations to choose from.

Congrats you 3, awesome job! From a spectator standpoint, this was a fun contest.

Congratulations to the winners and a big thumbs up to all who competed. There were some really fantastic entries in this contest!

And also: a big thank you to EB for running such a cool contest and to BA for the sweeeeeeeeet prizes!

Edited by Ogre

I'm going to be controversial...

Although I've said I'd scream shenanigans if Matn didn't win a prize, congratulations to the winners - and respect should go to everybody who entered. It was a bigger turnout than I'd thought, and I was impressed with many of the original ideas brought.

I would like to see the spread of votes: mainly because I want to see if my duck has been broken, but also because I'm hoping the votes weren't spread too thinly. I thought everybody deserved to have at least one vote.

I knew the time would have come when someone would have asked for this, so here is a handy Excel graph of the votes:

post-1771-128915009849.png

Congratulations, we have some well-deserved winners.

here is a handy Excel graph of the votes:

That's a clear result. No close calls this time.

A big congrats to Morgan19 and The penguin. You guys truly deserved it - well done all around! :thumbup:

Thanks to those members who voted for me. :laugh:

And thanks so much EB and Brickarms it's been a great contest.

Edited by minion

Awesome job winners, you really deserve you're prizes.

Great job to everyone else, there were some great customs.

Congratulations to all of the winners! Now look at how much BA you get :oh:.

I was originally going to make Justin Bieber, but it probably would've never won compared to yours :thumbup: .

Congratulations to all 3 of you winners. You all thoroughly deserved to win the prizes you did.

Well done to everyone who entered. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Man, this past week felt really long. :tongue:

But what an honor! I think this is the first contest I've won, let alone ranked in, on EB. I thoroughly enjoyed all the entries and knew I had my work cut out for me, particularly after the deadline was extended and so many more good entries came tumbling in.

Thank you VERY much to BrickArms and EuroBricks, and of course congrats again to the other winners and everyone who took the time to create and enter their own fun ideas. What a great event for the entire minifig customizing community this's been! :laugh:

<-- PS... Does this mean I can finally get some sort of minifig-related icon under my info over there? :wub:

m19

Edited by Morgan19

Congratulations to Morgan19, ThePenguin, and minion! Truly well-deserved victories for you guys for the wonderful entries you've made. :thumbup:

Great job to all other participants as well, for all the effort you've done in making this a reall nice competition. Kudos too to LuxorV for organizing this creative contest. Lastly, I would like to thank those who shared their votes for me, I guess 5th place ain't bad at all. :grin: It was a really fun experience joining in my first contest here in EB. Can't wait to participate in more MCW contests in the future. :classic: