Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

The Fantastical Steam Contraptions (RC's Steampunk Impulse)

indexed.gif

Hello!

As some of you may know, Reasonably Clever is holding a steam-punk contest: Make a SP MOC like an impulse set with 50 pieces or less: http://www.reasonablyclever.com/lego/conte...team/index.html

And Fine Clonier is also holding a steam-punk contest: http://www.fineclonier.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=697

So I present my entries!

First off, Fine Clonier: This is for the first category: Automatons. This is the Clockwork Laundry Automaton. It's only job is to do laundry (wash and fold clothes, etc.) This will revolutionize homemaker's jobs completely!

1-39.jpg

5-36.jpg

8-22.jpg

2-38.jpg

Yes, those are scala clothes (except for the HP Troll outfit. You'll see why I gave the bot clothes soon....)

Next up, my first entry for Reasonably Clever's Contest:

Dr. Monkeywrench's Fantastical Tailor Contraption

Dr. Monkeywrench is a tailor for robots. Why? Because robots are people, too. Kinda. ;-) Consequently, they deserve clothes. To make Dr. Monkeywrench's job easier, he invented his tailor contraption, which can sow any article of clothing in 3 seconds flat! ;-)

1-37.jpg

6-28.jpg

4-37.jpg

2-37.jpg

Pieces used:

7-25.jpg

Lastly, a variation on my automaton. Unfortunately, my first version (the v. for Fine Clonier) had over 50 pieces. I was really happy with the design, so I decided to enter the first version into FC's contest, and fix it up afterwards so it fits the piece out limit for RC's contest. He basically looks the same, but there are some changes I had to make, which I'm not happy with. But overall, this lil' fellow has quite a few points of articulation, allowing for some cool poses!

1-38.jpg

5-35.jpg

"PUNCH!"

6-29.jpg

7-26.jpg

There you have it: three steampunk contest entries! Thanks for looking, and feedback's always appreciated! *sweet*

Excellent MOCs, SirNadroj. *y* The figures are great (I like the use of the Indy parts ;-) ) and the robots are very cleverly built. It's funny to see what you can build with less than 50 pieces...

Good luck for these contests!

How long does it take for LEGO to make a line out of this? ;-)

I really like it. *sweet*

Wow! These make mine look horrible! Amazing, though sadly I cant see the second one doing too well in the playability category... :-/

Now I need to make another entry. Or two. Or three.

Four tops.

Dp8

Good Job! *y* Your automaton reminds me of IG-88! :-D I love the Dr. Monkeywrench minifig! 8-

Thanks for the feedback! *sweet*

Wow! It looks like my sigfig is working on your little machine! Good job. *y*

That's what it looks like, doesn't it? ;-) Steampunk Thok. X-D

Good Job! *y* Your automaton reminds me of IG-88! :-D I love the Dr. Monkeywrench minifig! 8-

Here's another entry I whipped up: The Bi-Penny. Based on an old, classic penny-farthing bicycle, 'cept this one's been steam-punked! ;-)

4-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

Riding right into a barrel of fruits! Always a fruit cart! *wacko*

6-30.jpg

And the pieces:

7-27.jpg

Thanks guys! *sweet*

That is such a funny creation! ( That's a good thing ;-) )

I love all of your Steampunk creations! They're all so good!

Always a fruit cart :-|

*sweet*

My favorite is the tailor machine. Your Bi-Penny bicycle looks great. Good luck on your contests.

Another very fine creation, SirNadroj.... wonderful and really clever. *y*

Thanks for the feedback again! *sweet* You guys know I don't build many large MOCs. They're pretty rare for me. Well, one is in the works now, and I'm awaiting a Bricklink order. So in the mean time, I thought I'd put together some nice, small, steampunky MOCs for Reasonably Clever's SP contest: http://www.reasonablyclever.com/lego/conte...team/index.html

That's an explanation for my little punk spree. X-D

I present yet another: The Steampunk Barrel Organ (Monkey Grinder)

1-41.jpg

2-40.jpg

4-40.jpg

5-39.jpg

Pieces used to make it:

3-40.jpg

Thanks! :-)

Always a fruit cart :-|

Always. ;-)

This takes the cake *y*

You always find a way of sneaking in unique pieces, you sure did that here *y*

I'll be the first to ask, where did those wheels come from? :-$ Of course, the monkey for the win ;-) :-P

*sweet*

Very nice creations Sir Nadroj! My apologies for missing this :-$ :'-(

I love that robot, you've done a great job of making him steampunk and flexible, and that bi-penny is a charm! *wub* The barrel organ is fantastic, as Exo said you have a gift for sneaking in great pieces. Excellent job overall, I wish you luck in the contest!

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Thanks guys! *sweet*

I'll be the first to ask, where did those wheels come from? :-$ Of course, the monkey for the win ;-) :-P

*sweet*

http://peeron.com/inv/sets/5994-1

Here's another: The newest steampunk technology in portable music; I give you: The I-Phonograph! X-D

5-40.jpg

2-41.jpg

3-41.jpg

4-41.jpg

6-31.jpg

;-)