Kai NRG

Gatehouse in Ancient Kaliphlin

Long ago when peace reigned in Kaliphlin (am I showing my age here? :laugh: ) castles like this one, garrisoned by Petraea soldiers, were a common sight.

27567194802_0f612bf6b6.jpg

27389249770_ec272d4e8d.jpg

27057262663_026bb8ff25.jpg

27632655156_13fe13ee50.jpg

This was a fun color to use (medium dark flesh), I think it would look even better and also, of course, go further, with a bit of tan mixed in. You'll probably be seeing me use it again, I'll say that much!

C&C welcome! Great to have a build for the guilds again!

Great build! I love that colour, will have to get myself some of IT :wink:

I also like the spears! :thumbup:

Great build !

This colour choice is a clever idea !

It gives to the building a North african style ! We have the feeling of entering into the Medina. Good job !

This is very nice! Makes me think what Egypt must've been like in its prime!

Very pretty build, Kai! The masonry bricks add just the right amount of texture to the walls, and I like the lush landscaping :thumbup:

Nice decoration over the gateway too :classic:

MDF is a wonderful color, as this build shows off nicely. Great use of the half arches, and the SNOT detailing over the door looks great :thumbup: Cool gate with the spears too :classic:

Great build :classic: The colour of the castle works very nicely and I love how you did the gate with those spears.

Very nice brick fortress! I can imagine that many of these forts have been constructed from the abundant clay in the Arkbri floodplains? :classic:

Nice one, I wouldn't have thought that those colours would work so well with the green vegetation but they certainly do here! I will have to get some.

Edited by BrickCurve

Nice build, subtle and appropriate detailing. Like the others said, it has a North African vibe to it, like the walls are made of hardened clay. :thumbup:

I do wonder though: what exactly is it? The title says gatehouse, but there is a wall almost directly behind the bars, am I right?

Thanks everyone!

Great build !

This colour choice is a clever idea !

It gives to the building a North african style ! We have the feeling of entering into the Medina. Good job !

Thanks Faladrin! Yes, it is a bit North African!

Very pretty build, Kai! The masonry bricks add just the right amount of texture to the walls, and I like the lush landscaping :thumbup:

Nice decoration over the gateway too :classic:

Thank you! Masonry bricks are really awesome when it comes to the right amount of texture.

Very nice brick fortress! I can imagine that many of these forts have been constructed from the abundant clay in the Arkbri floodplains? :classic:

Thanks! Yeah, it certainly has the clay color... I'd imagine so!

Nice one, I wouldn't have thought that those colours would work so well with the green vegetation but they certainly do here! I will have to get some.

Thanks BrickCurve!

Nice build, subtle and appropriate detailing. Like the others said, it has a North African vibe to it, like the walls are made of hardened clay. :thumbup:

I do wonder though: what exactly is it? The title says gatehouse, but there is a wall almost directly behind the bars, am I right?

Thank you! Right behind the bars are several brown tiles that are meant to be a door... I didn't want you to see the medium dark flesh behind it. :wink:

Nice little gatehouse, Kai! I really like the porticullis made out of spears. It is refreshing to see such a clean, uncluttered build, but for my taste it feels perhaps a little too sparse on detail... something like a line of wooden supports sticking out of the walls such as in Djenne in Mali would have given the wall a lot more visual interest i feel.

Nice gatehouse with very good usage of masonry bricks! :thumbup:

Thank you!

I really like the colors indeed! and the flag standard too

Thanks!

Nice little gatehouse, Kai! I really like the porticullis made out of spears. It is refreshing to see such a clean, uncluttered build, but for my taste it feels perhaps a little too sparse on detail... something like a line of wooden supports sticking out of the walls such as in Djenne in Mali would have given the wall a lot more visual interest i feel.

Thanks Gabe! Yeah, it could possibly have used a little something to put it over the top so to speak. Wooden supports in particular would probably have looked nice, good idea there.

That was your whole plan! Keeping me busy with BoBS so you could secretly sneak back to the guilds and annoy the Desert King with your castles. Haha, good work. Medium dark flesh really is the right colour for Kaliphlin, and I'm impressed how much you've collected so far.

Would love to see a complete castle in this style.

That was your whole plan! Keeping me busy with BoBS so you could secretly sneak back to the guilds and annoy the Desert King with your castles. Haha, good work. Medium dark flesh really is the right colour for Kaliphlin, and I'm impressed how much you've collected so far.

Would love to see a complete castle in this style.

Well in fact BoBS has been consuming an awful lot of my build time as well, :laugh: . Thanks!

Sweet build Kai! I love the color, and the gate made out of spears fits really well!

Thanks Lord Dan!