Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Presents: Hinckley!

Welcome everyone to our very special holiday edition of EB News Presents! This evening we're fortunate to have Hinckley as our special guest! What? Oh, yeah, we've had him before, but his ego was too big he was just too interesting to limit to one interview, so we decided to have him back!

As always, I'm imperialshadows and cub reporter Stauder will be taking care of the questioning work!

It's a pretty big show this evening, so let's get started!

Q. Why the name, and what happened to the 39? :'-(

A. Well...I'm a stage actor and my first big role in college was as John Hinckley in a musical about US Presidential Assassinations and attempts called "Assassins" by Stephen Sondheim. The 39 came from my other big college role, Pontius Pilate in Jesus Christ Superstar (Jesus gets 39 lashes). I used it as my e-mail in college and for every username since because it's easy for me to remember. I dropped the 39 so that I could just be Hinckley. I don't know any other reason. Maybe I didn't want people to think I was 39 years old... :-$

Staudie used to go around telling everyone it was your IQ. I told him that wasn't nice. He switched to telling them that it was the number of seconds into any conversation before you'd start talking about yourself. I didn't really say much there ... ;-)

Q. Why must you have a sigfig I am unable to build? Oh right, Nobody wacks the wacker...

A. Lord, if only that were true. I get my megablocks kicked pretty regularly. As a smartass with a tough guy complex, I get in quite a few sparring matches with my friends, and don't always come out looking better for it. :-$ What's so hard to build about my sig-fig? Yellow Hagrid, Cantina Han Solo, Forestman, Fabuland hammer. Aren't those pieces common nowadays?

Don't feel bad, I have a sigfig he can't build either and he's in charge of building the studio broadcasts. WTH is that red thing I'm wearing???

Q. How long have you collected legol, Is it true, that you'd sell Jocko just to be in the same room with the Lego CEO?

A. What the hell is legol? Sell Jocko to be in the same room with the LEGO CEO? No. Of course not. What would I do with the CEO? Discuss numbers and figures and Human Resources concerns? Of course I would not. There's so much else Jocko does that the CEO could never do. :-$ (I'm trying to end all of my answers with that "humble" emoticon. It's an attempt to seem like I've dropped my voracious ego. ;-) )

I took that as less the humble emoticon and more the "I-can't-say-what-Jocko-does-that-the-CEO-wouldn't-do" face, and that made me smile an evil grin.

Q. What is your favourite Set? (Say top 3)

A. Great Question! I'll answer with interpretive dance. I mean pictures:

6383-1.jpg

6276-1.jpg

3678-1.jpg

Eldorado Fortress, represent!

Q. What is your Favourite Theme *Cough*Fabuland*Cough* ?

A. Don't try to stereotype me. I am more than one thing. Just because I write Fabuland Housewives and build Fabuland MOCs and have the biggest Fabuland collection of any adult doesn't mean it's my favorite. My favorite is Fabuland. I mean Galidor. Actually, City is my favorite. I really want to develop a highly detailed beautiful architecture city that looks as realistic as possible and functions like a downtown with public transportation and commerce...

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?

A. Recently Copmike and Ras 74 came in from Sweden to spend Thanksgiving (and Black Friday) with me and Jocko. Shopping with the crazy Vikings on Black Friday was probably my favorite real life LEGO moment. We stayed out late hanging out in the lounge on the 95th floor of the Hancock Tower Thanksgiving night. I ended up getting an hour of sleep before we went out to catch good deals. We were very loopy and crazy all day. Then at noon I left for the theatre I'm working at to open a show. It was our first show with press and theatre committees...and I had slept for one hour then drove all over Chicago looking for LEGO deals. I was a wreck. :'-)

Q. Best EB Moment?

A. It's anytime I make someone laugh, really. I like when people say I made them laugh, it makes me feel good. Therefore, as I said last time, I think the Ice Cube tray/Whack-a-Fig fiasco is still my best moment. It was so spontaneous and fun. Actually, why don't I just quote myself from the first interview: "The ice cube tray was really defining for me on EB. I was stuck at home recuperating from hernia surgery and I was bored and kind of down and somehow that all just happened. When I made that first post I remember thinking that no one might even respond to it. I was just annoyed, crappy ice cube tray, you know? But, it went out of control and I got to show so many sides of my personality. If you have a few hours someday and you follow that whole thread through all the whack-a-fig threads, there are friendships built, people banned, chambered, arguments and of course a lot of fun but that thread was just so crazy and fun and really cheered me up during my recovery. I remember laughing so hard the stitches were straining and I had to shut the computer down because I was literally in pain from laughing..."

That was the thread that brought me back after I sort of lost interest in EB early on. It was then that I realised that the level of insanity here was worthy of my further attention and began posting like a madman. If anyone ever complains about me, it's your fault I came back with such a vengeance. For that I applaud you (but I'd suggest watching out for stray tomatoes as you leave the studio).

Q. Best Ego Feeding moment?

A. Easily, being the first to review the Dwarves' Mine and Indy Motorcycle Chase. I love attention, what can I say? :-$ Also, and this isn't so much ego but on my birthday when Sinner, LuxorV and Mr. Mandalorian made special MOCs and comics for me, I was really touched. I got pretty choked up when I saw that and it made me feel really good. That was an excellent brithday and those guys made it really special. :'-)

Q. If you could design a cutom set, what would it be? Whatever you want. ( I wonder if its possible to order a custim set made.. Like a EB communtiy set, wilt eveyones sigfig! Id go for that!)

How many different ways can Staudie typo custom? The world may never know ...

A. Why do you tell everyone else "no whack a sig-fig sets?" I'm incredibly offended by that.

If I could design a LEGO set, I would want to design a modular building like Cafe Corner, but I would want to make it a big honking one, like Chicago's Rookery building and make interior add-ons available, i.e. a restaurant or a subway station.

Q. I'm sure you've met some EB members here. Can you describe them to us? Are they "Crazy...lol" as Vader once put it?

A. I have met two: Copmike and Ras 74. As I said, they came out over Thanksgiving and yes they are crazy. Quite clearly crazy. And also amazing. They are really great guys and we had a good time. Too bad I spent half the time they were here working on the show, but they hung out with Jocko and he showed them some fun stuff to do in Chicago. It was more like my comics than I would have imagined and I have the bruises to prove it. :'-(

Q. Can we see your lair? Actually, nevermind... I don't need your ego to explode from over feeding...

A. Why don't you just copy the first interview if you're going to ask me all the same questions. *wacko*

Q. Can we see the sets of your Comic "Wacker and The Walrus" ? You know, Some Behind the scenes?

A. Yes, I have posted them in these threads:

Sinner & Hinckley's Tree House

Victorian Haunted House

Gylman's Train Car Diner

Q. What is the 42nd root of The Universe?

A. My size 11 boot up your annoying megablocks.

Good answer!

Q. Who should we Interview Next? (Or re-Interview)

A. Interview Dr. Sinister. He's very creative and has an awesome sense of humor. And what about Phes, TheBrickster, LuxorV, BrickMiner or Bonaparte?

imperialshadows, you say? Good choice, that's exactly who's next! (but all of your suggestions are, in fact, slated for future appearances, don't worry) *glares*

You know, it would be a shame if you pulled some random stunt right about now, especially if you pulled it on us... *Hint* X-D (Oh well worth a try)

Subtle, Staudie, subtle.

Okay, I'll behave myself. :-P

Yeah, right. Here you go:

Let's see...ImperialShadows...we'll give him a swirly:

is_swirly.jpg

and we'll just introduce you to the woodchipper:

stauder_woodchipper.jpg

Note: No actual important members of the staff were harmed during this stunt, that was my double (and it's nice to see that SOMEONE around here knows how to build me properly). Staudie, however, is in emergency surgery to pretty much have all of him reattached to the rest of what's left. All in all, a great job there Hinckley!

So, as the plastic surgeons continue to work on Staudie (oh, he'll be fine, I'm sure, well, whatever) I'll take this moment to thank each and every one of our loyal viewers for your continued support and wish you all a Joyous Holiday, whatever it is you celebrate this time of year, and if you don't, make something up. Everyone deserves a good party!

*phone rings and imperialshadows picks it up* What? Speak up doctor, I'm having a hard time hearing you clearly with all that screaming in the background.

*chatter from phone*

Oh, yeah, I recognise the screaming, just speak up or tell him to quiet down some. Geez, some people have no respect for telephone etiquette. Right, so how are things going?

*concerned sounding phone chatter*

Really??? That's horrible! Can you fix it?

*chatter*

I don't care what you say, that's what insurance is for.

*angry chatter*

HEY, look here buddy, if your ambulance bumped my limo, you sure as heck are going to pay for it!

*chatter*

Huh? Oh yeah, him. How is he doing?

*very concerned chatter*

No, actually he looked like that before...

*signal fades*

Eh? What's going on here? Strauder has said he was going to interview me TWICE now and then vanished. You rugrats aren't playing games are yaz?

Another great ego interview, here *y* *y*

I was very interested to note how Hinckley didn't quote a Castle set within his top 3. I was expecting at least one, given his interest in that theme, with the Book of the Ancients :-$

I think Staudie's going to have a visit form his EN fellows for his collection of this obscure clone brand legol X-D

That is, if he ever comes out of that hospital *skull*

I'd personally really like to see an interview with imperialshadows *sweet* . But, who would comment on that one 8-| ?

Keep up the good work, EB News Presents *y*

On a side note, I too had to 'customize' a bit to have a Hinckley sigfig :-$ ... you'll see it soon, I think ;-)

LuxorV

Eh? What's going on here? Strauder has said he was going to interview me TWICE now and then vanished. You rugrats aren't playing games are yaz?

Don't look at me. I told him to interview you a while back, and never heard another word. I'm just the host, editor, creative genius, and popular one, he's got to do something in all this ;-)

I'd personally really like to see an interview with imperialshadows *sweet* . But, who would comment on that one 8-| ?

To make matters more complicated, I think Staudie might still be recovering when it comes time to do the show, so it might be me interviewing me, and then heckling myself. It'll be great! X-D

Edited by imperialshadows

To make matters more complicated, I think Staudie might still be recovering when it comes time to do the show, so it might be me interviewing me, and then heckling myself. It'll be great! X-D

_________

I would PAY to see that! :-D

Another great interview EB News! (despite of course the fact that it was half a re-run :-P )

I can't wait to see the next one, these always crack me up and its great to learn more about the weird and Wacky (or is it wacking?) members here.

And my goodness, looking at that list of interviews, you guys will never get a break will you?

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Oh, I can tell you a few stories...

Stauder asked to interview me some time ago.

He even asked if I received the questions which I told him I never received :-|

After that, complete radio silence...

Stauder, stay of the drugs boy, they are messing with your brain :-P

That being said, it's always fun to read another Hinckley interview.

Oh, I can tell you a few stories...

Stauder asked to interview me some time ago.

He even asked if I received the questions which I told him I never received :-|

After that, complete radio silence...

Stauder, stay of the drugs boy, they are messing with your brain :-P

That being said, it's always fun to read another Hinckley interview.

Oh I can relate there :-D He asked me if he could interview me, I said sure. Then the next day he sent me another PM...

"HALOO?"

I told him that I said yes already, and he sent me the questions. I answered them and like you, that was the last I heard of it :-P

I say you interview Hinckley again for New Years. A lot can happen between now and then... X-D

Oh I can relate there :-D He asked me if he could interview me, I said sure. Then the next day he sent me another PM...

"HALOO?"

I told him that I said yes already, and he sent me the questions. I answered them and like you, that was the last I heard of it :-P

I say you interview Hinckley again for New Years. A lot can happen between now and then... X-D

You know, I'm almost tempted to not pick him up from the hospital once he's patched back together. >:-(

Should I tell this story? Oh hell, we're already this far along. He lost Hinckley's answers too and had to write him back to get another copy after I yelled at him for not supplying me with any interviews to work on. *wacko*

In other words, anyone out there who has answered questions but not appeared here, please send me a copy of your answers if you still have them, and I can guarantee you'll appear soon.

Anyone think we can get the kid chambered for a day or two, just for kicks? >:-)

Oh, and I'm New Years, and I'm doing it all by myself. At least I know that I won't lose my answers or forget to send them to myself. Or something like that. :-P

Alll right, so I screwed up a few times... Forgive me... :-(

Ill get on it tomorrow, if I wont be too busy building my presents :-P

Stauder

Great review. *y* An ego can never get too big. :-P You should really interview SirNadroj next.

That was the thread that brought me back after I sort of lost interest in EB early on. It was then that I realised that the level of insanity here was worthy of my further attention and began posting like a madman. If anyone ever complains about me, it's your fault I came back with such a vengeance. For that I applaud you (but I'd suggest watching out for stray tomatoes as you leave the studio).

For you- I just happened to be in Alaska getting attacked by mosquitos at the time. *sad*

Q. Best Ego Feeding moment?

A. Easily, being the first to review the Dwarves' Mine and Indy Motorcycle Chase. I love attention, what can I say? Also, and this isn't so much ego but on my birthday when Sinner, LuxorV and Mr. Mandalorian made special MOCs and comics for me, I was really touched. I got pretty choked up when I saw that and it made me feel really good. That was an excellent brithday and those guys made it really special.

Let's just say you're a fun guy to make MOCs for. ;-)

Will

Very good! Another great interview of the ever-interesting Hinckley! :-D And all those hilarious comments imperialshadows makes, ah, great stuff! :-D

~Peace

Hinckley eh? Never heard of him. He seems to have good taste in Lego though. ;-)

I'm being done again for Australia day. X-D

Good interveiw. And howcome I can't meet Mr. W. Chipper? *sing*

BY the way, who is "Jocko?"

Jocko is Hinckley's mate.

Another EB member and my partner.

Excellent interview again Stauder & imperialshadows - if I just knew that Hinckley guy it was about ;-)!

Douh?!

One hour sleep On

copmike

Excellent interview again imperialshadows - if I just knew that Hinckley guy it was about ;-)!

Douh?!

One hour sleep On

copmike

HEEEEEY! I'm the one that does the interviews. If you must give him credit for the great presentation. Oh and dont forget to thank Hinckley! :-P

Stauder

HEEEEEY! I'm the one that does the interviews. If you must give him credit for the great presentation. Oh and dont forget to thank Hinckley! :-P

Stauder

Shut up you! >:-( You're currently in the hospital heavily sedated and having some useless part or other reattached. :-P

Oh, and that idiot doctor hit my limo with the ambulance too, so just don't get me started ... :'-(

Just wait until tomorrow when I post the next episode. >:-)

Hey, don't yell at copmike! He's a cop and a somalier and he brought you some chilled white wine. And this is the thanks he gets? My dog says he's the best! :-P

Seriously though, great job organizing and misplacing all of these interviews. They are a cool addition to our EB fun... *sweet* *y*

Excellent interview again Stauder & imperialshadows - if I just knew that Hinckley guy it was about ;-)!

Douh?!

One hour sleep On

copmike

What what what? Why, is there a problem ;-) :'-)?!

Interviews On

copmike

Welcome everyone to our very special holiday edition of EB News Presents! This evening we're fortunate to have Hinckley as our special guest! What? Oh, yeah, we've had him before, but his ego was too big he was just too interesting to limit to one interview, so we decided to have him back!

He has a reason to have a ultra-ego! He's freaking awesome! I'm sure after this post I'll have a title and it will say "Kiss A$$!" And yes, his is a very interesting guy. Stauder is only jealous because he has no personality like real newscasters! :tongue:

Peace out my great friend Hinckley!

EDIT: Wait a minute! You guys are arguing with a cop! Watch out, they'll use guns in seconds!

Edited by Thomas B.