Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - H06] Octansoft Store

Tags: Civil Building

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

Raylan was really enjoying his visit to Farmolis. He said that it was nice to be able to visit other planets and see the different sights. He seemed very excited when I mentioned that there were several Octansoft stores in downtown Farmolis and that they had all the latest items available. And luckily being an executive I get a special discount of 5%, unlike the usual 2.5% discount for other employees. And since I have an Octansoft credit card I get an extra .5% discount! Although the folks in accounting do say that taking a discount isn't quite stealing from the company, but it does take money away from the company that it would otherwise use to pay hard workers such as myself. So I usually don't use the full discount.

I took him to the one nearest to us and he was very excited to see all the various Individual Personal Assistant Devices and other electronics. It was neat getting to see the various assistant robots too, Dr. Allison was most intrigued by the child sized model as it was brand new. I was surprised they had a chauffeur-bot in stock since there was a new version that everyone was going crazy for.

I have to say it was a bit weird seeing some of the "fashion" that exists for the younger generation these days. Whatever neo-hip style they seem to be wearing just looks strange. I was a little embarassed to have Raylan see them as I felt it reflected poorly on Octan. But I think he was distracted by the various Octansoft offerings to not have noticed them too much!

26962478323_239ab88b4e_c.jpg

27498517141_6eb29df47b_c.jpg

27498518021_88bc86a728_c.jpg

Extra Pics:

26961336514_e25c79650e_c.jpg

27571142075_8c037b62dd_c.jpg

26962479793_9f45da556b_c.jpg

Love the store! Great work! Everything is smooth and tiled, one of your halmarks, of late, and the story/description is again, lovely. What a swell guy, not abusing his discount! :laugh:

One critique I'd make is that the studs of the plate are visible through the trans-clear 1-2 bricks and it's a bit distracting. What might help is raising the surrounding wall by a plate, and placing tiles underneath the trans bricks. Just a thought. :classic:

Nice simple design, but this confirms that Octan is the successor to Apple, which might make them evil. :grin:

I thought we were more of a successor to Microsoft... although, to be honest we probably bought them both.

18348257833_69a18106fa_t.jpg "There is no such thing as good or evil. Only Octan and that which is not yet Octan."

~Insectoid Aristocrat

One critique I'd make is that the studs of the plate are visible through the trans-clear 1-2 bricks and it's a bit distracting. What might help is raising the surrounding wall by a plate, and placing tiles underneath the trans bricks. Just a thought. :classic:

Good and valid point. Meant to do that and forgot. :laugh: My problem is that I'll get to building and think "You know what I need to do ..." and then I decide I'll do it in just a minute after I finish this one section and then sometime after taking pics or posting I realize "Hey I never went back and ..."

I'd say about 1/3 of my builds end up that way. :look: