TheBeeze

[Anthology]- Large- The Bounty Hunter on Ord Mantell

Following the destruction of the Death Star, the newly commissioned Captain Solo lead a group of Rebels to a remote location on Ord Mantell. The people of this planet had been locked in a gruesome civil war for years. Unknown to most, the Empire operated a covert facility on the planet for gathering resources and information on everything it could. Following their return to the planet Yavin 4, the rebels were informed of this facility by astromech droid R2-D2 who uncovered the plans while on board the Death Star. With the alliance preparing to withdraw from Yavin 4 and relocate to the planet Hoth, resources and man power were at an all time low. General Rieekan tasked Han Solo with getting a group of rebels together to land on Ord Mantell and dispose of this facility. Young Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, trusted companion Chewbacca, and the dynamic duo of R2-D2 set out with Han Solo to destroy the facility.

After being discovered inside the facility, the Imperials scrambled to take out the rebels before they could destroy their Refinery. The Storm Troopers were to be expected, but Han was caught off guard by the bounty hunters who were coming after him with a vengeance. After narrowly escaping with his life, he is forced to think long and hard about his future and what he intends to do about his bounty.

Our heroes sneaking into the facility

26848700022_c99ca54131_c.jpg

The alerted enemy

26848696422_248c4f5f9b_c.jpg

The Ensuing Battle (Edited Picture)

26669573720_f0d81837f4_c.jpg

The bounty hunter(s)

26669565980_d62f8a3b6b_c.jpg

The empty facility

26848696562_234b6c03fa_c.jpg

The lighting

26669569150_d596e52908_c.jpg

The Behind the Scenes

26874920561_c3a6bd7e57_c.jpg

26943139405_09b22af84a_c.jpg

So this is my larger entry. When I posted about the smaller one, I commented saying I was low on time due to travel. That is entirely true, but part of that was also building the bigger entry as well haha. I read that there is a dark horse comic version of this in which a Bounty Hunter never seen on screen confronts Han. I decided to take my own spin on this with placing Fett and IG-88 in the build. All in all, built on a 48x48 Base Plate.The glass tunnel bridge was my initial idea for what this would look like and then worked from there. I decided to go with white as my main color scheme mainly because my Grey stock is being used towards another MOC right now (Ninja Turtles).

I am pretty happy with how this turned out, I hope you all enjoyed it. I am of course welcoming of all comments and criticisms. I love the feedback. Thank you to those putting on this contest. Win or lose, these contests are a great way to generate ideas and get people's gears turning. The concept of this contest is great and opens up so many possibilities for others. I look forward to seeing others builds.

Link to my Flickr Stream for HiRes photos and other builds.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/132410925@N08/8rY0K6

Edited by Thebeeze111

This is a great entry. All of it is fantastic, but especially I like the look of the tunnel, and the way you made the shape of the pillars. :thumbup: :thumbup:

aaah, this was one of my many ideas too, great execution! (though i didn't think "that bounty hunter" being Boba Fett)

Holy crap how are you so quick?!? Not only are you quick, but you're a great builder! This is another great entry- I particularly like the "glass" tunnel up above. :thumbup:

The lighting is fantastic and that glass tunnel is to be commended. Great color coordination!

Like others have said, the glass tunnel is very awesome! How you were able to pull of such a big MOC in this amount of time is beyond me, but the quality is just as good (if not more so) as your other entry. Well done and may the Force be with this entry. :yoda:

Thank you all. I appreciate the compliments, really I do. Like I said originally, the glass tunnel-way was a concept that popped in my head and then I kind of worked an idea around that concept. Making it stable took some thinking. Ultimately, I doubled up on 1 x 2 x 2 hinges on each side to overlap and keep it stable. The columns were thrown in to in a way block out the ends of the hallway aesthetically. The columns were all built with parts from the pick a brick wall at my local lego store. Can swap out the curved white slopes for brown plates and BOOM you have trees. After building the first one I thought, "Man, wouldnt it be cool if I connected that to the upper walkway level....?" So then I started planning how to connect the two and build an elevated ramp. This was a fun little build for me and I look forward to more.

With regard to my timeliness which everyone has commented on: I used to run a group on Facebook (maybe some of you were a part of) called "The Brick Builder's Challenge". We ran weekly, biweekly, and monthly build contests simply for fun. No prizes or incentives, just fun. The group was actually fairly popular for some time. After a while though, the participation became stagnant (especially since the AFOL FB Page started running prize contests and Brickagram gained popularity), and a lot of people were very vocal about the topics coming up so ultimately, I stopped running the events. So in short, I've sort of trained myself to be able to build things like this in a short amount of time under pressure. One could say this was pent up since I haven't run a contest in a while. I have been working on a massive Vietnam War MOC now for several months which has been a much different approach in terms of time haha. So these (2) contests for me were a welcome break from that. Again, thank you all for the kind words. I look forward to seeing your builds!