Mestari

[MOC] Modular Garage with PF and Pneumatics

Hello, I'm happy to introduce you to my modular garage with power functions and pneumatics:

_DSC07687_.JPG

This modular has the following components:

1x Rechargeable battery box (8878)

1x M motor

1x air tank

1x manometer

2x small pumps (6L)

2x small pneumatic cylinders

2x medium pneumatic cylinders with square base

Approximately 1,5m of pneumatic tubes (I didn't count, maybe there's more)

I always wanted to mix technic and regular system bricks and I already did so with my Ice Cream Parlor (http://www.eurobrick...opic=111129&hl=).

Now, with my third modular, it was time to introduce pneumatics! :D This is the coolest part of LEGO for me and to increase the cool factor I have used manometer as well :D

This building's purpose is mostly to have fun, so I didn't care that much for the fact that gigantic manometer on top of the building is rather rare sight in real life ;) I simply always wanted to have one and observe the changing pressure as I play around with my model and here it is!

Anyway, we have here compressor that powers cylinders that open the doors (2 small cylinders) and rise and lower the car lift (2 medium w/ square base). The list accepts cars up to 7 wide and has a lot of lifting power.

You can remove all three sections of the roof for easy access.

DSC07676.JPG

DSC07681.JPG

DSC07692.JPG

Here is full gallery on Bricksafe: http://bricksafe.com...modular-garage#

And here is movie on youtube:

Enjoy!

Edited by Rick
Embedded video

Very cool! I love the pneumatic system, the roof and the car!

Do you have the same in Octan color scheme? ^^

Love it, great integration of the pneumatic functions, even if the doors look a little dangerous for the average minifigure!

Strange why the two small cylinders open in sync. But close seperately?

I guess one is stronger than the other, or has had more use and sticks a bit?

Paul

Fantastic! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I always wanted to build something like this, but never managed to. Great idea and execution, also the design of the building is very nice.

Now we have all that great pneumatics and PF stuff, and it's rarely used on Town builds - you used both of them. I especially love the movable door - don't think I've seen this done with pneumatics before.

Awesome job!

Wow!!!

Great Work!!!

the mix of technic and regular bricks is superb

( Love how you made the roof )

Greetings

Thank you guys!

Sebitsena: It doesn't come in "octan" ;) I just made this one and when I disassemble this in September I will use the parts to build something new and different.

paul_delahaye: yes, this is a matter of friction that is different in both cylinders. There is the same problem with bigger cylinders too but it's not apparent here. This is because I connected them together with that yellow beam in the lift.

Edit:

Thank you Rick for the front page - my first ever :)

Edited by Mestari

Nice to see something being motorised with pneumatics not coming from Technic subforum. Great features and implementation!

Wow, I love this! I especially like the car, I normally prefer 4-wide cars but I like it a lot :classic:

Thank you :) the car delayed the publication by quite a lot (I had to wait for the white wheels and some ideas for the car in general), so I'm glad you like it - feels like it was worth to make it for the modular :)

The car lift is just perfect! Love the glass roof too.

Amazing! Very clever use of pneumatic parts (especially the manometer and air tank). I like when these are combined with other themes than Technic. Congratulations!

Edited by Interceptor

Awesome! Very clever use of all the pf and pneumatic parts! Also, you did a great job with the design of the interior of the garage!

Blends in quite well! I wish you had added a controller's station to monitor pressure levels...a giant gauge like that actually might fit in if it's addressed!