Hi guys,

Yes, you've read that cor(rington)rectly :grin:

This is my contribution to Bregir's King's Harbour contract offer.

I thought, well, since Oleanders are generous folks, let's continue the generosity :wink:

To Captain Jno. Cooke, most honorable Military Governor of King's Harbour on the island of Cocovia, Corrington.

In the spirit of conciliation between Corrington and Oleon, the Royal Shipyards are humbled to present to you plans for a harbour station and a patrol boat, matching your contract's description. These plans match the high standards of all the Royal Shipyards work, and we sincerely hope they meet your requirements with satisfaction.

Enclosed you will find the construction plans, along with some of our artist's impressions of the station.

26482481361_5df090bc2f_c.jpg

25952468103_86f82a1dd7_c.jpg

26463053712_66012d5822_c.jpg

26555473415_e8951cc5bd_c.jpg

Quilbignon, April 21st 616AE

Signed,

The Executive Director of the Royal Shipyards

Vive le Roi!

Beautiful! The caribbean spirithere totally fits my taste. The angle of the beach is superb..and those waves are incredible. Didn't thought such was possible in LDD. Great work!

Edited by Jacob Nion

Another really nice LDD creation from you KB, once again some amazing water! The dock and house are both really good as well and the boats are great! :thumbup:

Smart to take that offer. You nailed it. :thumbup: I take notice of your ships, for learning purposes. Did you use LDD for those waves, Mecabricks or some other program?

To the Executive Director of the Royal Shipyards of Oleon,

I have reviewed the offer with great interest and decided to accept your design with the greatest pleasure.

The plans for the vessel tell me she will be a swift, stable and weatherly sailor, perfectly suited for the task at hand. It has also been noted that a small launch is included in the offer, and the flexibility of an extra vessel for back-up is much needed in King's Harbour. My experience with Olean shipbuilding is extensive and positive, and I have no doubts these vessels will not dissapoint. The station and pier are very fitting for the terrain and weather conditions in the cove, and for the purpose.

Therefore, I have decided to award a 12,5% bonus on the contract, for a total of 45 db. Let it be known that the Governor of King's Harbour rewards good work and extra effort.

King's Harbour, Cocovia

April 21st 616AE

Captain Jno. Cooke RN

Military Governor

King's Harbour

Well, that is just bloody awesome, as I have told you elsewhere. Great work! I will transfer the funds presently.

The waves, the beach, the pier and warehouse... And that pretty little lateen rigged beauty! Well, should you ever bid on other contracts in King's Harbour, you will be looked favourably upon! pirate_wink.gif

Another beautiful build, KB, the ship and boat are excellent, but what really stands out is the pier and the cabin! pirate_wink.gif The water still looks superb as well, and that and the trees and vegetation really complete the color-scheme of this build! :thumbup:pirate_satisfied.gif

Although strengthening our neighbours, KB you just did it again with your LDD skills! This is yet one stunning MOC and the rendering is once more sooo movie- and life-like!

To Captain Jno. Cooke, most honorable Military Governor of King's Harbour on the island of Cocovia, Corrington.

The Royal Shipyards are humbled the hear of your acceptance of our proposed plans. The awarded bonus is graciously accepted, and your generosity will shine upon the relations between our two great empires.

Also, we are astonished by the speed at which ships are able to deliver correspondence over vast distances these days, and see this as further proof of the valid contribution of our designs to your fleet.

Quilbignon, April 21st 616AE

The Executive Director of the Royal Shipyards

Vive le Roi!

Now, hey, great that you accepted my entry, and very cool to see that raise, Bregir default_blush.gifthumbup.gif

I hope we'll see more of these player contract offers, they really add to the lore of BoBS.

And thanks to all of you that you like this build default_classic.gif

Yes, it's all LDD, and the wave design was a megablocks in the megablocks default_laugh2.gif

I hope you guys spotted the little crab fight going on near the rowboat default_blink.gif

Incredible job here! I'm amazed at what can be done digitally (that water!). And I always seem to struggle with beaches, so I'm intrigued with what appears to be a simple and elegant solution to get the gentle slope. I'd tip my hat to you if one of those crabs hadn't stolen it! pirate_wink.gif

A great build! I love that water-technique, and the hut is nice as well. Great job!

Your water is superb as always and I really like that sloping beach design. I did notice the dueling crabs, what's going on with them?

45 dbs transferred.

And yes, comunications run fast these days - and afterall, it is said that Corrington has the fastest ships! pirate_wink.gif (In fact, my HMS Otter isn't a 3F, but a 3SV (Super Velocé)... pirate_laugh2.gif )

Those crabs are armed to the claws! I hope their battle will lead to no collatoral! pirate_blush.gif

I am happy you took the offer, and more so that you think it is a good idea with more of these, as I am planning a whole series of them to expand King's Harbour! pirate_laugh_new.gif

@BlackdeathGRerghghugrtyuguijerhgdsfuio

Well, if it is a fair business deal, it should strengthen both sides equally, as KB has been renumerated in cash... pirate_wink.gif If any balance has been shifted, I set the wrong price! pirate_oh3.gif

45 dbs transferred.

And yes, comunications run fast these days - and afterall, it is said that Corrington has the fastest ships! pirate_wink.gif (In fact, my HMS Otter isn't a 3F, but a 3SV (Super Velocé)... pirate_laugh2.gif )

Those crabs are armed to the claws! I hope their battle will lead to no collatoral! pirate_blush.gif

I am happy you took the offer, and more so that you think it is a good idea with more of these, as I am planning a whole series of them to expand King's Harbour! pirate_laugh_new.gif

@BlackdeathGRerghghugrtyuguijerhgdsfuio

Well, if it is a fair business deal, it should strengthen both sides equally, as KB has been renumerated in cash... pirate_wink.gif If any balance has been shifted, I set the wrong price! pirate_oh3.gif

Those crabs are my favorite too! And regarding my cautious nature, of course i salute our "friendly" relations but in the Office de Guerre we must always stand vigilant!

Very nice build with an excellent atmosphere!

I agree that the waves are fantastic :classic:

One nitpick is however that the wooden quay is too reflective in your render for my taste, would it be possible to tinker with the lighting/reflectivity settings to get rid of a bit of that? Otherwise, it might be fairy easy in post-processing to lower the luminousity of the reflections there.

I actually think the crabs ruined the scene and the house should not be on an angle to the docks. It would be really inconvenient to build a structure like that diagonally as the support beams would not line up.

Edited by Mike S

Beautiful waves, great beach, an interesting approach to the boat and an overall great flair to this build - nicely done!

That is a lovely looking build. King's Harbour is lucky to have contracted such a talented company for this project.

I especially like your vegetation. The palm tree with the lime green leaves and brown flexi-pipe is simple and looks great. I will be using this design! pirate_classic.gif However, the smaller plant with the stems protruding from the 'travis' brick is what really caught my eye - that looks brilliant! Well done!

Thanks, guys, for your likes and comments :blush:

One nitpick is however that the wooden quay is too reflective in your render for my taste, would it be possible to tinker with the lighting/reflectivity settings to get rid of a bit of that? Otherwise, it might be fairy easy in post-processing to lower the luminousity of the reflections there.

Hmm... no idea how to adjust these settings, might be doable. If I can spare some time eventually, I'll have a look into this :thumbup: Yet, I always found these reflections part of the charm of renders. And I'm not really a fan of post editing - call it purism... or incompetence :grin:

I actually think the crabs ruined the scene and the house should not be on an angle to the docks. It would be really inconvenient to build a structure like that diagonally as the support beams would not line up.

Sorry to hear this, Mike :look: Maybe the crabs should get their own MOC, so they wouldn't disturb the guards or even set off the power balance on Cocovia :grin:

I first built the cabbin in accordance with the support beams... it just appeared boring to me with all angles being 90° :sceptic:

But of course, design sketches can always be adapted :wink:

Beautiful contract build. The vessel and station look nice, although I agree with the thought that the angled position of the building wouldn't be very practical. Otherwise it looks great; the water in particular is wonderful and the smaller boat is fitting. Good work.