SilentWolf

[COR- FB] The late Alexander of Wolfhaven

Micah would be unable to arrive in Wolfhaven where he had grown up in time for the funeral of his father. The letter from Lord Mark Crawford, Esq. did not arrive in Alrinsport until four days after the funeral was held.

His parents had been given a large amount of land in the Wolfhaven region of the country by King Arlin II in honor of Alexander's service during the 49 Year War. The region lay to the west of Belson. Micah had not been home for the last several months as his new adventures were keeping him busy in the islands to the east. His father's passing was quite unexpected even though he was well along in years.

25807865703_81e469ef61_c.jpg

The funeral was attended by many of the local governmental officials, as well as military commanders who had served with Lord Alexander. They all gathered to say their last goodbyes. His widow, Sarah, and eldest son, Alexander II, made sure to greet everyone who attended, thanking them for their well wishes. His daughter, Rebekah, and her husband, Simon, were also present and mingling among the guests.

26384697176_5c9c91f05c_c.jpg

Once everyone had arrived the family sat to the side of the casket, while the guests sat in front. The casket was closed and guests were allowed to speak on the late Lord Alexander as well as place flowers and mementos upon the casket.

26318279292_35dcafe44d_c.jpg

The family lined up in front of the family crypt that Alexander had built. Then the guests also lined up to pay their final respects. The soldiers then fired off a salute in his honor.

26410566225_68bc6dc219_c.jpg25807808903_b13edaa375_z.jpg

If you want to catch up or review the backstory read here.

Another shot of the funeral: 26318227122_be5063fbd2_c.jpgSAM_7345

Interesting subject matter. Well done! I especially like the scene outside the crypt.

Edited by Capt Wolf

Perfect choice of torso for the woman in black (Rebekah?) in the first photo. Working coffin, and the mood outside the crypt... I can't say I like it. But I do.

Yesterday we have romance, today we have death; truly all human (or minfig?) life is here!

Nice build, great choice of subject matter and nicley done; with respect and taste. Lovely series of pictures to tell the full story, great choice of costumes and figure poses.

You did a really nice job capturing a very somber scene. Nice job with the casket, and details such as the Corrington flag and the texture on the church's walls are excellent.

For such a somber scene, you made a really cool build! I especially love the chest

Perfect choice of torso for the woman in black (Rebekah?) in the first photo. Working coffin, and the mood outside the crypt... I can't say I like it. But I do.

The lady in black was supposed to be the widow and mother of the 3 children, Sarah. I realized two things on this build. First, I lack very many ladies dresses. I had another nice black torso but no black skirt to pair it with. Second, I don't have any gray ladies hair and only one gray hair for a man. I should have bought Santa's workshop two Christmases ago...

Yesterday we have romance, today we have death; truly all human (or minfig?) life is here!

Nice build, great choice of subject matter and nicley done; with respect and taste. Lovely series of pictures to tell the full story, great choice of costumes and figure poses.

I was very pleased with the posing of the figures and how they turned out when photographed. Sometimes I get done taking pictures and realize I didn't capture the idea I was going for with the posing. This one definitely worked better.

For such a somber scene, you made a really cool build! I especially love the chest

The casket was one of the longest parts of this build as I didn't want it too large but neither did I want it looking too plain. I am glad people enjoyed it after it turned out what I think was pretty well.

Thanks for the comments so far. Keep the compliments coming as well as any critiques and pointers on how I can improve.

This is a very nice, peaceful, sombre build and story. Having laid 3 close family members away in the past 4 months, I must say that scenes like this are lacking in a historic colonial setting like BoBS where death was a very common occurrence. The interior looks great, especially the way you've done the body, and the outside part of the scene is nice as well apart from the plain base. I like the subject matter and think you've done a really good job portraying it.

As for the minifigs - I would happily loan you a couple dozen ladies in dresses if there was a practical way of doing it. But even without having lots of them you did the story justice with your build. Good work. :classic: