Sign in to follow this  
CelesAurivern

[COR-FB2] The Flask and Flagon (Port Raleigh)

The Flask and Flagon is now open for business!

Have a craving for some good old mainland fare like steak and kidney pie? 'Neeps and tatties? Your granny's raspberry pudding?

We bring you the best of Corlandish cuisine from all the way across the Terraversa sea!

For the connoisseur of fine drinks, we carry the very best of Oleonais wine, classic Corlandish ale, Tammish whiskey, Garvian stout and a variety of other spirits.

We support our uniformed servicemen.

All men and women in her Majesty's service shall be entitled to one complimentary beverage per visit.

Corrington's finest taking a breather from their duties in defending the empire's frontier.

Tavern000.jpg

Very nice! I like the bottles behind the bar, and the dart board. It look like a very warm, comfortable watering hole!

P.S. Do they carry Weelond Ale?

Edited by Capt Wolf

Great, lively little tavern - it is nice to see our lads treated well!

However, it seems they are much given to cakes! pirate_tong.gif

Nice tavern, and I really like the busy atmosphere and it's name

Beautiful Tavern and great addition to Port Raleigh!

Although for a room of drinking marines it looks very... quiet? tame? orderly?..... Must just be our famous Corrlander discipline at work! - that and their officer is also present!!! pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Ayrlego

Nice tavern. I really like the weapon rack, te bottles behind bar, the dart target and the little cat. Are Corries that dull all day long btw? pirate_tong.gif

Very nice build, and it's great to see an orderly eating establishment! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif The action is depicted here very well, and I like the gun rack and line of bottles and things on the wall behind the counter! :thumbup: It doesn't seem to actually detract too much here, but the build would look much cleaner if you could tile the floor and tables pirate_classic.gif Oh, and as a general rule, overview pictures usually look better without the corners cut off! pirate_laugh2.gif

Dated this 17th day of March in the 616th year After Empire.

To the propreitor of The Flask and Flagon.

Madam, I am delighted to see the opening of Port Raleigh's first tavern. My workmen and I have grown sick of rum drunk out of bottles on the beach, and our humble sailor's diet has grown wearisome, despite the recent addition of freshly caught fish. We look forward to sampling your wares with the greatest anticipation. However, I feel obliged to point out that in the light of the current parlous state of sea trade to Corrington, and the recent rumours of hurricanes, your grandiose claims to supply the finest culinary delights of our homeland seem unlikely to be sustained. We still have a number of barrels of two-year-old salt beef and finest ship's biscuit should you need it. Maggots and weevils included at no extra charge! Plus we have some three score crates of rum bottles, which we would offer you at a very reasonable price.

I am, sir, your humble and obedient servant, John Hawsbrugh

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

That's a nice tavern !

Are natives admitted ? I don't see any...

The Ténotclaxcans in their banana plantation would be happy to have a drink in you establishment.

Nice busy scene! :classic:

Some suggestions for improvements would be studless floor and tables, as well as doing the background removal a bit less uneven at the edges.

Great interior! Haha, I had to imagine a blue coat accidentally marching in and every soldier grapping for his cutlass. Nice job on the bar.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Great bar, lots to drink, plenty of seating and fantastic company! I like that they leave their guns at the door, keep the booze flowing :-)

Dear valued customers.

Thank you all for your bouquets and patronage.

To allay the concerns that some of our patrons have brought up, we would like to assure that all law-abiding customers are welcome, regardless of nationality or ethnicity.

With regard to the supply of ingredients, our suppliers have indicated that shipments are expected to come on time next month.

Regular shipping will resume as the hurricane starts to move south, so barring any anomalies in the forecast, it will be business as usual.

In appreciation of the huge wave of support, we are pleased to announce a Two for One promotion on all rum based beverages and cocktails, valid until the end of this month!

*Whilst stock last*

The Flask and Flagon Management

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Hawsbrugh,

We thank you for the kind offer and would be most pleased to take the three score crates of rum off your hands for said very reasonable price.

Sincerely yours,

Miranda Merryweather

Edited by CelesAurivern

Very nice tavern. Studded floor do provide a measure of safety to prevent drunk patrons from falling over. There are greater liabilities with smooth tiled floors and Eslandola has a new lawyer in town. :classic:

Nice tavern. I really like the interior-only technique for scenes like this. The level of detail really forces the viewer to spend some time observing everything, which is how I measure success with tavern scenes. Yes, it looks very orderly - but what can you expect when the place is full of Corrie soldiers? Good work. :classic: