Sign in to follow this  
BrickOn

[Cor - FB2 March -Ship] A mysterious little boat

Late at night a small boat (name unknown) has been seen docking near the Sir James fort on Cocovia and unloading a large amount of cargo before sailing off into the darkness.

25504926090_d000d28b72_z.jpgSmallBoat, on Flickr

The reason for this secrecy seems to be linked to the nature of the cargo- a seizable amount of gunpowder, that Sir James and his men are keen doesn't fall into the wrong hands (and it may explain the number of guns she has. Why Sir James is taking delivery for such a large quantities of gunpowder in a time of peace is not entirely clear.

25780243526_059aeaccf0_z.jpgCargoHold , on Flickr

Removing the top deck gives a better view of the powder in the cargo hold.

I realise this boat is probably not the most realistic of builds and I have no current plans to licence her this month, but when and if I do I would like suggestions for what class she should be, I was thinking perhaps a cog, but she is a tad stubby looking perhaps? Suggestions welcome.

It has a very cartoony look to be sure - very cute - and it does seem like it would easily topple over, being that tall and riding so high in the water! pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

Her armament is very unconventional too, but I suppose it works! pirate_satisfied.gif

As to rigging, she is a ketch, with two masts, the foremost one being the tallest. and thus the main-mast. For historical accuracy, she should be carrying a gaff sail on the mizzen though.

As to rating, I would say a class 2 WR, as she has a balance between cargo space and armament.

Funny little ketch, sir! pirate_blush.gif

PS. I am happy to know you are stocking up gunpowder at that fort... It never hurt anyone to be wellprepared! pirate_wink.gif

Edited by Bregir

Quite a crowded looking ship you got there! pirate_laugh_new.gif Looks pretty cute, though I sure wouldn't want to be stuck in her for a voyage to the New World!

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gifdefault_iamded_lol.png That thing is making me want to laugh every time I look at it! Very nice and hilarious chibi vessel, BrickOn, though I would hope she doesn't come into contact with any pirates with any decent aim, as she'd probably hit the clouds if she did! Great job here! default_rofl.gif

You definitely squeezed in a lot into your chibi styled vessel. It is very cute and could star in its own children TV show. I like the inclusion of the new LEGO stud shooters for functional swivel guns.

You'd better watch out for pirates. Apparently they like to shoot anything small. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Cool ship, I especially like that you included some cargo-space!

You'd better watch out for pirates. Apparently they like to shoot anything small. pirate_laugh_new.gif

I heard about this pirate_cry4.gif well she's not licensed just yet, maybe the sea rats will have had their fill of small fry this month and it'll be safe for her to venture out next month.

It has a very cartoony look to be sure - very cute - and it does seem like it would easily topple over, being that tall and riding so high in the water! pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

Her armament is very unconventional too, but I suppose it works! pirate_satisfied.gif

As to rigging, she is a ketch, with two masts, the foremost one being the tallest. and thus the main-mast. For historical accuracy, she should be carrying a gaff sail on the mizzen though.

As to rating, I would say a class 2 WR, as she has a balance between cargo space and armament.

Funny little ketch, sir! pirate_blush.gif

PS. I am happy to know you are stocking up gunpowder at that fort... It never hurt anyone to be well prepared! pirate_wink.gif

Well she'd probably sit a little lower if I had more of those sapphires to raise the water line, but yes she is very high.

2 WR thanks, I'll keep that in mind when if I get around to the licence (I feel like I am almost counting on losing a ship this month).

Edited by BrickOn

Something fishy is going on around here... I knew these Corries are up to no good... Cute little ship you got there! It looks like Sea Cow just gave birth!

This boat looks cartoonish and must surely be fun to play with. It reminds me of the caricature-type ship drawings from a children's book about exploration at sea. It's not overly realistic as a result but is a neat little vessel anyway. Keep it up.

*suppresses urge to cuddle*

Instant like. Cuuuuuuute pirate_satisfied.gif

The pirate that'd try sinking her would have to be the most heartless bastard ever!

Have an eye on the fuse on top of the gunpowder storage, dangerous place for an open flame.

[NB Mr Brickon has agreed to hire this ship to Nicholas Van Moor, agent for Mr Hawksbrugh, for the sum of 15 doubloons]

To Mr Brickon, agent for Sir James Chase

Dated this 23rd day of March in the 616th year After Empire

Sir, thank you for your generous response. In consideration of her generous lines, I propose to christen the vessel The Chubby Duckling. She will be licensed today as a 2T and despatched on a trade run almost immediately.

I am delighted to become your business partner in this new venture, and will inform Mr Hawksbrugh of the outcome. I will arrange for the 15 doubloons to be transferred to you as soon as you can inform me of the necessary procedure.

I remain your humble servant, Nicholas Van Moor

Hehe, that's one of the cutest ships I've ever seen! Well done BrickOn!

Excellent choice of name Mr. Van Moor, it suits her fine.

That's a comic looking ship, it looks like it hit something and is crushed together. pir_laugh2.gif

If that was intentional you did a really good job! I like the proper masts and sails!