Sign in to follow this  
cb4

[SR-MCRA] Nothing to see here

Mar 13th, 615AE

Bastion Shipyard

Dear Brother,

After the last couple of months of quite literally getting our feet wet, I've resolved to give the Parakeet the refit she's been needing for a long time. We've gotten a berth at the shipyard here in Bastion, and the dockyard mateys are giving us a new bottom at a cut rate in exchange for their surveyor having the lines off her. They seem glad of the work, as there's nothing else in the yard other than a couple of fishing smacks getting new paint. It doesn't look like the great powers will have anything to worry about from the 'fearsome' Sea Rats for quite some time.

Your Humble Servant,

Richard Walton, Esq

25671750271_1876a7d6c2_c.jpg

25466141910_5fe3089cbd_c.jpg

Yeah, after the last couple of results you've had I'd look into getting the full fixed as well.

Brilliant build, and really good photograph that shows it off in crystal clear detail. I wish I could take pictures this good! The fishing smack is beautifully built, I always admire builds that don't use the Lego pre-formed ship hulls. I have no idea how you have build that swept, angled gunwale but its a very sophisticated technique that looks awesome. Just one tiny niggle; mixing yellow and flesh coloured minifigs in a single build looks a little odd.

I guess I made this post too confusing, especially as it has no links to backstory.

Mr. Richard Walton assumes his mail is being read by one of the intelligence services (he is writing to someone back on the mainland).

The little white boat is the Parakeet. The other one is... not a fishing smack.

Edited by cb4

It's about time you've had some work done on herpir_laugh2.gif.

The build is really well done. The small details, like the supports and sawhorses, help add to the scene, but the real gem has to be the frigate under construction in the background. I would love to see more shots of her.

Excellent! This amounts to a shipyard, minus the "yard" part of it. :pir-wink: It puts my own WIP shipbuilding scene to shame with the highly realistic curvature of the two hulls. The little sawhorses are brilliant - such a simple design, but perfectly matched to the height of the minifigs. Usually I prefer smoother surfacing in Lego builds but with designs this good all the exposed studs don't bother me at all. Excellent work. :classic:

And of course I realize that's not a little "fishing smack" sitting to port of the "Parakeet!" :grin:

Looking great, cb4!

The way those hulls are supported is very simple, but also very effective. The work going on with the sawhorses, and those platforms suspended over the sides is great too.

I did stop a moment at the "as there's nothing else in the yard", though. pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif