Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

[AoM Barracks Phase II] The First Trial

With all the villagers trained in basic sparring, Crynis moved on to the next step: training with real weapons. Each man or woman chose their preferred weapon from a pile amassed by the mercenaries Crynis had hired. Ragnor, the mercenaries' leader, personally oversaw each mock duel and gave the villagers important tips which would most probably one day save their lives.

Now Crynis and Ragnor looked on as two such villagers began their first trial by combat. Truff the woodcutter, armed with a shortsword, and the fisherman Larne, wielding the spear he used to ply his trade. The two combatants circled each other, looking for weaknesses in the other's defense...

25726290706_ba78edf2b8.jpg

Suddenly, Truff lunged without warning, striking at Larne's unprotected side with his sword. But the fisherman, instead of blocking the blow, leaned backwards, evading the woodcutter's strike.

25121918644_d8b64174cd.jpg

Truff, off balance, lost his footing and stumbled just as Larne brought the spear down on his back. He crumpled to the ground, defeated.

25451642740_9aa4123829.jpg

As the victor helped his opponent to his feet, Ragnor approached the pair. Nodding gruffly to Larne, he addressed the woodcutter: "You're strong, and fast too, but you shouldn't rush into attacks. Be wary of your opponent's moves. And Larne, your trick worked this time, but you'll need to perfect it for it to work in real combat. Well done, both of you."

Crynis watched, feeling a sense of pride. Her fervent dream was slowly but surely becoming a reality...

Figless:

25451640930_548f1ff4ba.jpg

C&C welcome!

Edited by Dragonfire

Nice vignette! The little wall is great and I like the bits of grass here and there :thumbup:

Merci.

Good use of the lightsaber hilt thingy to attach the flags :thumbup: I like how you illustrated the story, and the bits of wooden walls around. I think the build is a little overfull of reddish brown, though, with both the ground and walls being largely that color. Going with all dark tan, or another color other than RB for the ground probably would work well :classic:

Really nice build!

Good use of the lightsaber hilt thingy to attach the flags :thumbup: I like how you illustrated the story, and the bits of wooden walls around. I think the build is a little overfull of reddish brown, though, with both the ground and walls being largely that color. Going with all dark tan, or another color other than RB for the ground probably would work well :classic:

Thanks - I actually built this three months ago, so I'm not exactly sure why I overdid the brown, but I agree, in hindsight I'd have changed some of the colours. I actually used quite a lot of dark tan behind the small stockade where Crynis (the woman in green) is standing, but that didn't make it into the photos for some reason :sceptic:

Nice minifig posing!

The flickr links point to the public adresses of your pics, and as the pics are not public I can't view them. You need to change the links to guest passes or make the pictures public if you want us to be able to see them.

Thanks, both of you.

Gideon, I don't particularly want everyone seeing my photos on Flickr, I just use it to host my photos so that I can post them here.

Gideon, I don't particularly want everyone seeing my photos on Flickr, I just use it to host my photos so that I can post them here.

That's why guest passes are great so you can make people for example here being able to click the link to see the full sized picture but they will still not show up in your photo stream.