Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

You don't ambush an ally!

Previous Chapter (by LV)

--------------------------------

25348145730_6d00b85144.jpg

Alric hands itched. In the previous days, he and his men had cleared the area around Shadowmere from thug, thieves and other people Lord Vladivius and he didn't want to have around. Most of it hadn't even been real fights: sent in the Drond's heavy cavalry, and about an hour later the infantry to clean their mess up. But now, he had found an opponent larger then his own army. His spies had told him an important supporter of the Desert King would pass by today. He couldn't let that happen. So he had prepared his troops to ambush them, and here, at the hollow road, was the perfect place. When he would raise his hand, the crossbow-men would change the hollow way into a dead-trap.

Suddenly he heart the sounds of clashing armour, of hundreds of feet stamping the ground to mud with their marching. He knew his enemy was coming, and spanned all his muscles, ready to attack.

25643790825_9664c8c5a5.jpg

A column of armed goblins appeared. At their head rode an armoured person, clad in black iron. He had given his best archer command to take that one out as first. He knew his enemy, and Gal Turok was worth twenty good Drond's men if not taken care of early. The army approached rapidly, and was almost there. Fifty feet left to give the signal. Thirty feet. Alric made his sword loose in it's sheet. Twenty feet. He clenched his fist. Ten... "Alric." A booming voice sounded in his ears and over the road. The enemy knew they were there? Alric, who knew hiding was useless, stood up.

"Yes, Gal Turok?"

-"Say to your archers to relax. I know exactly how many men you've got there, and I know how many supplies you've got, how long they will stretch... And I know you've got a fair amount of gravely wounded with you. You won't leave quickly if need be."

That was true. The last band of thieves had been more organised then they seemed, and a considerable amount of men got wounded, or maimed, in the battle.

He sighed, and signed to the men to stand up but hold their arms ready.

25348144080_8635088306.jpg

"Much better, Alric. Did you really think you could ambush us?"

-"..."

"No, you still think in terms of the previous conflict. But that is past time. No, this battle is way more important. I fight for Nocturnus, for the Resistance. You do the same. That's the only thing that matters. We're on the same side, guy. And as much as I hate it to say, Nocturnus needs you and your army."

Gal Turok let a small silence, but then continued:

"I propose an alliance."

The Great Goblin Uniter stretched his hand out to Count of Drond's Feelds.

----------------------------------------------------

CC very welcome, special thanks to Blufiji for his wonderfull techniques and kindness in explaining them, and to you for the kind comments on the previous MOC and for reading this!

Additional images:

25017044583_bfe77b4ce8.jpg

25525083692_967ff7ec69.jpg

25348146400_6c3c45e821.jpg

25017048473_54158cfdef.jpg

Edited by TitusV

You've done well with the rock work and the foliage. As far as the story goes, yea don't ambush Gal Turok, we need each other. Ill pick up where you left off in my next build. Alric comes face to face with the tribal council...

Nice rockwork! I do feel like the path needs to be a bit bigger. The foliage is great as well!

Neat look with the path leading through the rock formations :thumbup: I think the path looks a bit blocky right now though, some wedge plates, or more gradual stepping of plates would smooth the transitions :classic:

Nice story writing! I like the rockwork and the figure placing here.

Now that you're in Nocturnus you should better watch out for the infamous men eating trees of which we always warned you.