dr_spock

[SR-CH2A] The Incognito

Challenge 2A Defend Yer Claims

lego_newspaper_tile.jpg News Headline: New Islands from Challenge 1 Up for Grabs

In the name of defense of new territory, the Far Horizon shipyard cranked out an armed cog in record time. She was christened as the "Incognito" by the Lady of Ill Repute from the House of Pleasure in Bastion. The ship features a flat bottom to allow her to stay close to shore for coastal defense or attack coastal fortifications up close and personal with her main guns. Being shallow bottomed she can sail or be pulled by horses up and down rivers.

25236748266_50ae6379e5_c.jpgShip Christening by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

She is crewed by the most vile tax avoiding scums of the Brick Seas.

25279330225_72af022509_c.jpgThe Incognito by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

She is captained by the technical Captain Brickbeard who has a history of pirating shiny round plates.

4307600499_94a9fa859d_z.jpg?zz=1Picture 5044 by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

"Don't mess with the monkey. This island is ours." was also found in the Sea Rats' notice to the press.

incognito5.jpg

More photos on Brickshelf: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=562802

Nice one, Dr_Spock! I hope we Oleanders don't encounter her in a... cog fight pirate_laugh2.gif

For real, I like that you managed to keep her this flat, even cramming a cabin into a prefab, 'hight-wise'. Very cool! The colors make for nice contrasts without being overwhelming. Also very cool! The coolest, however, is the captain: 'History of pirating shiny round plates.' default_roflmao.gif

I'd be no trustworthy source for commenting on your sail plan, as I seemingly never manage to get my own sails right pirate_laugh2.gif

All in all, a good job well done!

Good luck in the contest!

I am slow on the uptake today, it took me a long time to work out the pirating joke, too long. Nice ship though, I like the christening scene :-)

Yay! A nice ship. Cabin is indeed very nice height-wise! I wish you the best in your "trips" up and down the rivers! Hehehe

Nice little cog, my good doctor, and with quite a bite! You have achieved a lot with somewhat simple techniques, and I really like the idea of having her flatbottomed to go upriver and inshore! :pir-sweet:

As to your rigging, I think it is a bit too tall. I would bring the sail down, so that the underside was at the top of the sterncastle.

Well, actually, I would probably rig her with one big lateen to give her better manouverability when going closer to the wind, but then she wouldn't be a cog anymore! :pir-tongue:

Good job!

PS. I too enjoyed the alternative pirating story... :pir_laugh2:

Great ship! And Nice idea of the "pirating"! :thumbup:

Thank you. :classic:

Nice one, Dr_Spock! I hope we Oleanders don't encounter her in a... cog fight pirate_laugh2.gif

For real, I like that you managed to keep her this flat, even cramming a cabin into a prefab, 'hight-wise'. Very cool! The colors make for nice contrasts without being overwhelming. Also very cool! The coolest, however, is the captain: 'History of pirating shiny round plates.' default_roflmao.gif

I'd be no trustworthy source for commenting on your sail plan, as I seemingly never manage to get my own sails right pirate_laugh2.gif

All in all, a good job well done!

Good luck in the contest!

Thank you. I used a prefab sail since I plan to make a bigger ship with those hull pieces. I am not qualified to win in the contest. :classic:

I am slow on the uptake today, it took me a long time to work out the pirating joke, too long. Nice ship though, I like the christening scene :-)

Thank you. DVDs and CDs are from days long ago. :classic:

Fine - and funny.

Well done, Doctor!

Thank you. :classic:

Yay! A nice ship. Cabin is indeed very nice height-wise! I wish you the best in your "trips" up and down the rivers! Hehehe

Thank you. I don't think the ceilings were very high in those old ships. :classic:

Nice little cog, my good doctor, and with quite a bite! You have achieved a lot with somewhat simple techniques, and I really like the idea of having her flatbottomed to go upriver and inshore! :pir-sweet:

As to your rigging, I think it is a bit too tall. I would bring the sail down, so that the underside was at the top of the sterncastle.

Well, actually, I would probably rig her with one big lateen to give her better manouverability when going closer to the wind, but then she wouldn't be a cog anymore! :pir-tongue:

Good job!

PS. I too enjoyed the alternative pirating story... :pir_laugh2:

Thank you for the suggestions. :classic:

Great ship!

Indexed as Class 3 T1 (Armed Cog). Is this ok for you? And will it be licenced?

Great ship!

Indexed as Class 3 T1 (Armed Cog). Is this ok for you? And will it be licenced?

Thanks. It will eventually be licensed. Let's see what this month's MRCA brings first. :laugh:

For a prefab hull this little cog turned out really well. The dark brown hull and red sail make her look dangerous and she packs a punch with all those cannons. The stern looks great too - nice and smooth, good use of space - even though I'm not a big fan of high sterns. And the shiny round things - yep, more than one way to be a pirate. Good work.