Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

[COR - February FB1] Woodworker's Shop

Dear Master Coyle,

Having received the receipts from the trade runs of your two ships, the Sulky Harlequin and the Black Marlin and seeing that you now have a substantial amount of doubloons at your disposal, I took it upon myself to buy some of the adjoining properties of the Coyle Shipping Company office in Arlinsport on your behalf.

The first of which is a woodworker's shop, as seeing the lack of furnishings in the office and finding that the cost of importing furniture is so high, I deemed it a worthy investment. Besides now being able to furnish our properties, I am confident that the woodworker's shop will obtain enough business from all over Tiberia as well as nearby islands to not only cover the woodworker's salary but add a few extra doubloons to your account.

24548310394_40126fae9d_c.jpg

24883360020_4d94de4de1_c.jpg

Continued on next page (Amelia Street Bakery)

Edited by Mike S

What a pretty building, Mike. It does seem somewhat extravagant for a workshop, with those large windows and that beautiful chandelier, but I guess good light is important for the craft! pirate_blush.gif

Great work!

Another very nice build, the chandelier is great! That large window is really good as well, though I think I would have left out the lattice window (the styles clash a little). The yellow is great!

:thumbup:

Very nice build Mike, I'm with Bregir on those windows - they really look great here! pirate_wink.gif The yellow goes surprisingly well too, and the various articles of woodwork inside and the chandelier are excellent :thumbup: I would probably have put something or other in the attic though, maybe a few chests and boxes or something pirate_classic.gif

Nice building. It certainly has an air of a eell built city It is a bit too extravagant for a woodworker but corries must somehow show their new found wealth, right?

Extremely nice building, some very well executed techniques! I also like that open back where you can really see what's going on. But hey, that is quite a big shop for a woodworker, the guy must be doing some very exquiste business!

Anyway, I was wondering if you actually keep these houses together and display them together? I was also wondering if I couldn't return the favour you've done me by building your temple in Thorshaven by building a house in this here style in that new city of yours.

Very good workshop. The white-over-yellow colorscheme looks great and I like the contrasting brown windows, although the lattice over the door looks out of place. The interior is nice, and the working area is suitably cluttered, but the loft looks bare in comparison. The chandelier is neat, if not perhaps a bit extravagant for a carpenter. Good work. :classic:

Is it just me, or do those hand saws not show up very often in historic MOCs? I was like a kid in a candy store when I got mine, and just assumed they'd start showing up in MOCs more often than they do, or so it seems. :pir-wink:

What a pretty building, Mike. It does seem somewhat extravagant for a workshop, with those large windows and that beautiful chandelier, but I guess good light is important for the craft! pirate_blush.gif

Great work!

Thanks! Perhaps it was a ballroom before Councellor James Mulliner purchased the building. The chandelier so far has not gotten any use as the woodworker works only in daylight hours. Since he does some intricate carving on commissioned pieces, the light that fills the room through the tall windows is important.

This looks great, the yellow bricks look amazing here

Thanks!

Another very nice build, the chandelier is great! That large window is really good as well, though I think I would have left out the lattice window (the styles clash a little). The yellow is great!

:thumbup:

Thank you!

Very nice build Mike, I'm with Bregir on those windows - they really look great here! pirate_wink.gif The yellow goes surprisingly well too, and the various articles of woodwork inside and the chandelier are excellent :thumbup: I would probably have put something or other in the attic though, maybe a few chests and boxes or something pirate_classic.gif

Thanks! The woodworker has just set up shop. He hasn't had enough time to accumulate stuff for the attic yet. pir_laugh2.gif

I like the roof, and yellow works surprisingly well

Thanks!

Nice building. It certainly has an air of a eell built city It is a bit too extravagant for a woodworker but corries must somehow show their new found wealth, right?

Thanks! Who says a woodworker can't work in the nicer side of town? After all its better business to be near where the money is... pirate_wink.gif

It really fits the style perfectly. Also that roof technique is really clever, definitely inspiring.

Thank you!

Extremely nice building, some very well executed techniques! I also like that open back where you can really see what's going on. But hey, that is quite a big shop for a woodworker, the guy must be doing some very exquiste business!

Anyway, I was wondering if you actually keep these houses together and display them together? I was also wondering if I couldn't return the favour you've done me by building your temple in Thorshaven by building a house in this here style in that new city of yours.

Thanks! Yes, I plan to keep these all built. You can view the whole street so far either here or on my flickr account. I don't really have any plans for a city but you would be welcome to build in Arlinsport where Amelia Street is located. Not sure if your Eslandolan mates would be happy though...pirate_laugh_new.gif

Very good workshop. The white-over-yellow colorscheme looks great and I like the contrasting brown windows, although the lattice over the door looks out of place. The interior is nice, and the working area is suitably cluttered, but the loft looks bare in comparison. The chandelier is neat, if not perhaps a bit extravagant for a carpenter. Good work. :classic:

Is it just me, or do those hand saws not show up very often in historic MOCs? I was like a kid in a candy store when I got mine, and just assumed they'd start showing up in MOCs more often than they do, or so it seems. :pir-wink:

Thanks! The woodworker has just set up shop. He hasn't had enough time to accumulate stuff for the attic yet. pir_laugh2.gif About the saw, I would like a two man saw for my sawmill.... I'll be waiting a while....Like that will ever be produced pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks! Yes, I plan to keep these all built. You can view the whole street so far either here or on my flickr account. I don't really have any plans for a city but you would be welcome to build in Arlinsport where Amelia Street is located. Not sure if your Eslandolan mates would be happy though...pirate_laugh_new.gif

I'm sure some sort of embassy or an office for a spy will always work. I'll think of something and make it a third and unregistered freebuild ...