Kai NRG

[Frozen Beyond - A] Transformation

24091930063_8ff05c77b7.jpg

A lone Algus sets his foot upon Kaliphlin sand... and the transformation has begun.

24718758085_4eb53f3a3c.jpg

Before long, it's a full-fledged attack!

24091950793_0900f3c7ae.jpg

24718764045_57cea73548.jpg

The nearest garrison rushes to protect... but will they be in time?

24692559736_38c24d56de.jpg

Even the Algus have a sweet tooth, though!

24718783105_497fbdffa8.jpg

Well, I finally got a chance to try out the crack sand technique - figured it would be necessary to keep it from having a beach look. In retrospect I don't think that color blue was quite right for under the ice and it would have been nice to make the fortress a bit less rectangular (but since it was already late afternoon by the time I got to that point I knew I had better not try anything fancy!).

Building the Algus figs was fun however!

Thanks for looking!

The sharp dichotomy of your build is spectacular! It does not really make sense how the two sides have a different architecture, but heck, the snow part looks awesome! The out-of-the-box snow fan looks nice too. :thumbup:

Marvellous! The sand alone would make this a possivle winner, but with the way the snow "streams" out of the border and the building transforms...

Brilliant take on the category, one of my favourite cat A MOCs so far. You are right though, it would look better a little less square although it still looks pretty good.

Looking great.

The contrast between the frozen and "normal" castle is an interesting idea and it does work.

Yet another great build from you. :classic:

Great work Kai, The transformation effect here is fantastic! It reminds me of the effect from the Legends of Chima, where everything turns frozen in a line across when the Frozen tribes move around.

Absolutely amazing scene, I'd say the best caption of the transformation the Algus bring along. Great work! :-)

I do have to agree with Exetrius, though, that it's a bit confusing to see two different styles of architecture in the building, before and after frost. That, however, is the only criticism.

Brilliant way of portraying the Algus influence :wub: The sand looks great, as does the snow, and of course the transforming castle :thumbup:

Thanks all!

The sharp dichotomy of your build is spectacular! It does not really make sense how the two sides have a different architecture, but heck, the snow part looks awesome! The out-of-the-box snow fan looks nice too. :thumbup:

The difference in architecture was actually rather intentional - the idea being that the Algus are not only covering everything with snow, they are actually transforming whatever they touch... but that's not to say that it might not have looked better without such a sharp change... but that was kind of impossible as my dark and light grey collections are pretty different!

Thanks!

Looking great.

The contrast between the frozen and "normal" castle is an interesting idea and it does work.

Yet another great build from you. :classic:

Thank you! I had the idea and just knew I would have to give it a go!

Absolutely amazing scene, I'd say the best caption of the transformation the Algus bring along. Great work! :-)

I do have to agree with Exetrius, though, that it's a bit confusing to see two different styles of architecture in the building, before and after frost. That, however, is the only criticism.

Thank you! I'm really glad you think so! :sweet:

Fantastic build Kai! The cracked sand, snow, and water are all superb :thumbup:

The overhanging snow on the battlements is great too :classic:

That ice/river is gorgeous! I would love to see a better pic of this. The plitted building is wonderful too. Very neat idea.

Fantastic build Kai! The cracked sand, snow, and water are all superb :thumbup:

The overhanging snow on the battlements is great too :classic:

Thank you! The snow on the battlements was fun!

That ice/river is gorgeous! I would love to see a better pic of this. The plitted building is wonderful too. Very neat idea.

Unfortunately the build is long since destroyed... but thank you!

That shift between normal and frozen is epic!

Thanks Umbra!