Sign in to follow this  
Sir Stig

[ESL-FB1] Small house, Bardo

Victor Servadac had been busy after leaving Eslandola. He had revised his plans over and over again. So much that he was in a hurry of getting the WGOs (White Glove Order) premises up and running. The materials he was promised had not arrived as promised (BL), so he had to start with what was already available on Bardo. He had managed to get hold of a compound to produce sharp blue paint from a local merchant, and together with the bright orange sandstone he managed to get the right tropical color mix. As the sun was setting he glanced up on the start of his legacy...

24624264455_152390498b_z.jpg

The fast growing vegetation was going to be an issue. Hardly a month had gone by, and the ivy was already kissing the balcony.

24624264365_0a63d5da3d_z.jpg

At least he had a place to stay while he focused on his main project. He just hoped some cabinetmakers were going to be attracted to the island. The sooner the better. He couldn't stand sleeping on the floor much longer.

24624264075_c4ae023a32_z.jpg

This is a cute house, and the bright colors are fitting for the tropics, but it looks more modern than historic to me. (Perhaps the Gulf Oil colorscheme is doing it!) An older type of door or some other historic details would be nice. Just showing a minifig in period clothing would help a lot. I like the ivy climbing the walls and how you integrate real-world issues into the story. Keep it up.

Nice house! I like the story. The ivy is a great detail!

Thank you pirate_satisfied.gif

This is a cute house, and the bright colors are fitting for the tropics, but it looks more modern than historic to me. (Perhaps the Gulf Oil colorscheme is doing it!) An older type of door or some other historic details would be nice. Just showing a minifig in period clothing would help a lot. I like the ivy climbing the walls and how you integrate real-world issues into the story. Keep it up.

I was inspired by this: https://www.flickr.c...m09/1234934826/, but I did not have my PC close when building, so I see that it is almost just the colors that I got right. I had it busy with getting the shots, and didn't notice that I had no residents before posting. Well spotted. I am not happy with the red roof, however, I am sure Servadac will have some buildings partly rebuilt until it looks like a proper tropical city. About the real world issues, while looking at the inspiration again, I realize that I need something to build proper fences out of pir_laugh2.gif Edited by Sir Stig

Good build! I especially like the ivy and the cobblestone, altough the walls seem a bit too smooth. But overall, good job!

GReat looking house - I like the colourfulness of the whole thing - our world should not be bleak and grey! pirate_blush.gif