CopMike

DC Super Heroes - 76052 Batman™ Classic TV Series - Batcave

gallery_148_299_505959.jpg

76052 Batman™ Classic TV Series – Batcave

Ages 14+. 2,526 pieces.

US $269.99 - CA $329.99 - DE 249.99€ - UK £229.99 - DK 2499.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Drive the villains out from Batman’s Batcave!

Help Batman™ and Robin™ to drive the villain intruders from the Batcave, featuring a Bat Lab with Batcomputer, plus the Batmobile with stud shooters, Batcopter with flick missiles and the Batcycle. This special model, based on the classic 1960s TV show, also has a Wayne Manor section with an exterior wall to climb on and Bruce Wayne’s study featuring the iconic Batphone and a false bookcase that slides open to reveal the secret entrance to the Batcave. Before spiraling down the Batpoles into the Batcave, change identity from Bruce Wayne™ and Dick Grayson™ into Batman and Robin (separate minifigures included).

• Includes 9 minifigures: Batman™, Robin™, Bruce Wayne™, Dick Grayson™, Alfred Pennyworth™, The Joker™, Catwoman™, The Riddler™ and The Penguin™.

• This LEGO® model of the Batcave as seen in the classic 1960s TV series features 2 Batpoles for Batman™ and Robin™ to slide down, a selection of Bat-gadgets, helipad, plus a Batmobile and Batcopter.

• The Wayne Manor section of the model features Bruce Wayne’s study with the iconic Batphone, a hinged Shakespeare bust with secret button underneath, sliding false bookcase to access the Batpoles, and assorted elements including decorated wallpaper bricks, wall lamps, framed portraits, a framed fish and trophies. It also includes an exterior wall for climbing, with an opening roof for easy access to the Batpoles and an aerial element.

• The Batcave incorporates a hi-tech, 2-floor Bat Lab with Batcomputer element and a variety of detachable accessory elements, including a lie detector machine, table, chest of drawers, Bat-gadgets and test tubes with translucent elements. Also includes the iconic Batcave entrance for the Batmobile and a helipad for the Batcopter.

• The Batmobile features a dual cockpit with iconic Batphone, 2 stud shooters, an opening trunk, dual exhaust and sign stickers.

• The Batcopter has an opening cockpit for a minifigure, bat-inspired wings with 2 flick missiles, spinning rotors and a spinning propeller. A villain minifigure can grab onto the back of the Batcopter for more aerial battle action.

• The Batcycle features a driver’s seat for Batman™, translucent headlight element and a sidecar for Robin™.

• Also includes a cat.

• Weapons include The Joker’s TNT, Catwoman’s whip, The Riddler’s TNT and The Penguin’s umbrella.

• Accessory elements include Batman’s 3 Batarangs, rope, grappling hook and handcuffs.

• Includes separate minifigures for Batman™ and Robin’s alter-egos, so enter the secret doorway as Bruce and Dick, and slide down the Batpoles as LEGO® DC Super Heroes!

• Batcave measures over 18” (46cm) high, 22” (56cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.

• Batmobile measures over 2” (6cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.

• Batcopter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.

• Batcycle measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (8cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

March 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

8]US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

8]CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

8]CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

8]European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2016 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved. Batman and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics

23710266303_40568eb0b7_c.jpg

24337244985_23ca39ea81_c.jpg

24041550350_0f2fb804f2_c.jpg

24254617241_721945f85f_c.jpg

24310932396_4dba3d6959_c.jpg24310892236_604d4bcc22_c.jpg

24337097505_a2f6ac481d_c.jpg

23708838644_eeb5f10bc7_c.jpg

24310910796_4672c11ed8_c.jpg

24228852802_93dc484d84_n.jpg

24337044355_4b0232816c.jpg23710237383_89d860ba67.jpg

24228726412_04a9b1784c_n.jpg23708529464_f1262868ca_n.jpg24041083640_7323d1d1fc_n.jpg24336968315_5b0f8ee459_n.jpg

24228996812_2e68c46bd0_n.jpg24337022615_2505e9dd89_n.jpg23708821904_420f1ccac4_n.jpg24228802732_ae48c8a22c_n.jpg

24310643396_befbbab639_n.jpg

Thanks for posting this Copmike. I think this is an excellent representation of the actual one used in the TV show. Hopefully it won't be too pricey :grin:

€250 ... damn, that's a lot of money, but not as much as say the Helicarrier or the Firehouse so I'm afraid I will get this :laugh:

I grew up watching reruns of the show, in fact it was my first contact with Batman or super heroes in general. Being about 7 or 8 years old at the time, I never noticed the silliness of this Batman version, and today I very much appreciate it for being trashy and light entertainment (in small doses)...

I think the minifigure selection is superb, all the main characters are there except Commissioner Gordon who should be be easily created from existing parts. The only thing I don't like are the exposed studs on the vertical plates, but this should be fixable with tiles and wedges.

There goes my Lego money for 1Q2016...

Cheers

TomKraut

Edited by TomKraut

I know I'll 'cave' in. If it's not an exclusive I might wait a bit, though. Did I read something about a Mr Freeze polybag being offered with it?

Edited by Jack the Nipper

As great as this set looks, and the pieces here are just lovely.

I do feel that the price is a pulldown. Im not gonna get this. :sceptic:

But it does look gorgeous indeed. I so love the picture with the house facade and the other modules attached.

Minifigs and Vehicles are fantastic, the structures are ok i guess, worst thing by far is Penguin, who not only has a reused head, but is also "mansized" in the show. That, at least, is luckily easy to fix.

Alfred's and Joker's faces are perfect, great work by the Graphics guy.

Wow, that looks awesome! I won't be buying it, though, since I'm not that much of a Batman fan and the price is rather steep for me. However, I do really like the verhicles and characters. They really look like their TV counterparts. The biggest questions I have right now is: does the Bat Copter carry some Shark Repellant Bat-Spray :grin: ?

The design and execution of the set is pretty much the best representation of a 'cave' they could have possibly done, and better than most MOC's from what I recall, it has a pleasing artistic style to it. I have no complains on any of the design aspects of the model besides two issues: the exposed '4613196 - Plate 16X16' on the towering area of the playset. Additionally #6860 - The Batcave designed by Marcos Bessa had a much better transformation function between the alter-ego and heroes, where this one lacks the 'transformation but succeeds on the spinning feature with the use of the new 'firehouse' pole.

The Minifigures are outstanding besides the exclusion of Batgirl and Mr. Freeze (which I have heard is coming in a ploybag but it's odd it's not included) and I still don't know why LEGO is lacking with their printing on dark Minifigure heads. I dislike the number of stickers especially the two large 8x16 ones. Those printed 1x4 bricks look out of place with the LEGO System and their simplistic style.

My main critique of the entire set is the the price of the set compared to it's 'size.' this set in no way shape or form looks like a £229.99 set with 2,526 pieces, more like £149.99 set. Nor does it look appealing enough to spend the RRP, even though I mentioned it's appealing aesthetics; just not enough. I guess the price of the set could have been driven up given this is the only set based on the 1966 TV series and it had to include all the new prints and other graphics like many other one off sets.

Edited by Adeel Zubair

Well, that "DICK" sticker will surely be getting some use out of it. :laugh::tongue::grin:

Sorry... :blush:

I do like Wayne Manor the most out of the build, and the little entrance with the Batcopter landing pad is also very nice looking. Batman and Robin there early the best figures of the set and I love the rest of the Bat-themed vehicles. Not the greatest set, but I do like it. :sweet::thumbup:

However, due to space and cost, it will not be bought by me. :wink:

Edited by Legocity2713

Under the norm i'd be curing it but it actually looks pretty good. Glad the didn't have that over reacting aunt in it!

Nice set but I'm not looking forward to my son asking for it. Nor do I know where we would put it.

Conniving Conundrums, Batman! I just might have to get this set despite never having been able to sit through an entire episode of the campy cheesefest that was the 60s Batman show. That price tag though...

So how long before that tile on the left pole is getting used out of context? :grin:

So how long before that tile on the left pole is getting used out of context? :grin:

Hahaha ... Im not a pervert, but have already been thinking of several builds it could be usefull for :tongue:

Those Helipad stickers are intimidating just looking at them. As if applying the UCS display stand stickers were hard enough, now they want you to apply two of them and line them up.

Edited by Cmay91472

Holy price tag Batman!

But I have to admit, I like the SNOT(?) rock formations.

And the details.. even if they are stickers.

Edited by LegoPercyJ

I grew up watching this show - the best moment was when Batman says "Quick Robin! To the giant lighted Lucite map of Gotham City!" and they run over to the map... and it's a got a giant label on it that reads "Giant Lighted Lucite Map of Gotham City."

Sadly, all I'd ever want from this set are the figures and the Batmobile. I'm sure I can copy that Batmobile (sans bat logos) myself, at least.

Ah. The price makes me sad. I can't believe how many >= $200.00 sets are coming out lately. They are simply pricing me out of LEGO. Same thing with the GB Firehouse. Even the smaller sets are starting to seem ridiculous.

Oh, and sorry Nick, Julie Newmar was HOT. Yes, Ertha Kitt was great with the purring and such, but Julie Newmar was HOT.

I think this is probably the ugliest, most overpriced exclusive set LEGO has ever made. Sure the vehicles and the mini figures are amazing, but the 'cave' is a wall of studs, there are no details or anything. I rather they lower the price $100 then get a, rather limited it usefulness, wallpaper piece.

It's an ugy "cave' that looks like the designs only got halfway done with the set and were forced to release it. Honestly I think it's just 'bleh'.

I thought the Ghostbusters HQ was a boring set, but at least it looked like a finished product and what it's supposed to. For $80 more you get 2,000 more pieces with it too!

Holy Hand Grenades Batman!

All this needs now is some giant panels with "Pow!" and "Boof!" written on them to go into action scenes.

For all those complaining about price - it's going to be $400 here in Aussieland...:-(