Pimbo

[MOC] 14-gun Pirate brig & small brigantine

I had already posted these vessels fighting a battle in the BoBS forum http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=119198, so at the small risk of bein branded a double-poster, I'll give you some additional, more clearer photo's.

dsc_0098_.jpg

The 14 gun brig and its crew, colorprinted paper sails, some templates for the sails taken from the sail library topic and edited for Sea Rats duty. The mainsails were too big to print with an a4 printer, so I made partial sails and had them in raised position, so that they wouldn't cover too much of the action that's going on on the decks.

dsc_0100_.jpg

The color scheme is present in the stern as well

dsc_0105_.jpg

Interior is fake, but the deck turned out quite nice if I may say so myself.

dsc_0137_.jpg

View from astern.

dsc_0141_.jpg

The brigantine, in Oleon colors. Four guns on deck, raised poop deck, and again, fake main sail.

dsc_0160_.jpg

Astern.

More pics on the brickshelf! http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=561303

Edited by Pimbo

Both these vessels are superb. Their overall shapes are really good and the two sterns are especially beautiful. The bluecoats' vessel looks like a very good replacement for the Caribbean Clipper or Armada Flagship and the sails are lovely. Good work.

I like how the aft deck of the pirate ship angles upwards. That's very unique!

Is the Oleon ship built on the small hull type?

Overall, I really like the color schemes for both vessels. Very bright, and not the standard black and white hulls that so many of us use. Do any of these ships have finished interiors?

The sterncastle on your first ship is very well done. In shipbuilding I found that the hardest part to get right, but you make it look so easy and natural! Your second ship is very bright and well designed. Thank you for sharing your creations!

Edited by Plaid Beard

Pimbo,

Have you introduced your character in BoBS? Once you have introduced your character, these vessels could be included as free builds, and I could move this topic into the BoBS forum.

Is the Oleon ship built on the small hull type?

Yes it is.

Do any of these ships have finished interiors?

No, they were built for the sole purpose of a photoshoot for a small story, so they don't have any interior, and even the portside of both vessels are only partially built.

The sterncastle on your first ship is very well done. In shipbuilding I found that the hardest part to get right, but you make it look so easy and natural! Your second ship is very bright and well designed. Thank you for sharing your creations!

Well, the stern and quarter gallery indeed are very difficult to build, on these ships they're attached by just a hinge here or a single stud there. So building a sturdy, playable and still good looking ship is still very much on my to do list.

Pimbo,

Have you introduced your character in BoBS? Once you have introduced your character, these vessels could be included as free builds, and I could move this topic into the BoBS forum.

No character yet, I'm still minifiguring it out :pir-grin:

I might include one or both of these ships in a build as soon as I've joined the Brethren!

I might include one or both of these ships in a build as soon as I've joined the Brethren!

We don't need two topics about the same MOC on EB. Whatever faction you join, both ships should be able to be included in the free builds. If you decide to join Oleon or Sea Rats and if you desire, you could use the respective vessel for more advanced game rules.

(...) Will the crews fight with each other? Create a seebattle!!!

I had already posted these vessels fighting a battle in the BoBS forum http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=119198, (...)

and

What sets are the sails from?

(...) colorprinted paper sails, some templates for the sails taken from the sail library topic and edited for Sea Rats duty.

:pir-sceptic:

A nice pair of ships, packing detail into a smaller frame than some of the larger ships on this forum. I like the choice of colours, not always the most common ones for ships.