Mr. Townsend

Gee Golly Dandy, A small trade boat

Using his skiff the Gee Golly Dandy Pierre takes his wares to town each week. His boat is perfect for sailing along the coast, but Pierre fears losing sight of land in his small craft.

This skiff is built for the Monthly Commerce and Raiding Action(MCRA) and is small enough for a free licence. Enemies of Oleon beware, because the Gee Golly Dandy will be out and... running to port! :pir_laugh2:

24034182185_c91bc01c9c_c.jpg

23951307301_aafbf732e7_c.jpg

'Somehow I ended up posting this in the wrong forum. Can a moderator please move it to the BoBS forum. Thank you.

Edited by Mr. Townsend

A nice agile ship you have there Mr Townsend! Let's load her up with muskets and go raid some Corries! :)

Edited by blackdeathgr

You build a very nice little ship here. I like it :sweet: . Your presentation in a painted picture looks great!! :thumbup:

Ooh, wow, very nice boat! I really like the brick-built hull, well-done :thumbup: . The self-made sails also look top-notch and the ropes add a touch of realism to the entire creation. That intro picture is also quite cool, with the ship being Photoshopped in the painting.

Very nice little boat! The hull is a great shape and the sails add a lot like Khorne said! :thumbup:

Very nice skiff Mr. Townsend, excellent job with the sails and ropes, and the hull shape is great as well! :pir-classic:

I really like the small boat!!! :D great way to kick-off shipbuilding in BoBS!!

That's a fine vessel and the level of detail is great for something so small. It looks nice against the painted background, but I think the Lego water technique is the better of the two. It has a good surface appearance and the color (what is it exactly?) looks fabulous. Good work, and while I'm at it your other big ship is great too.

What an amazing way to build a small boat! Too bad though we can't really see how the minifig sits in there since it's covered by the sail. However, that's just a tiny tiny nitpick, the rest is truely great!

Thank you everyone for the kind replies. As requested you can see Pierre at the docks in ElTina on the island of LeBellan.

The boat's body is based from DPW's design, and a breakdown can be found here.

A nice little boat. Can you add pictures of a crew? Are the sails of Jabba's skiff?

The sails are made from broadcloth. I try to keep a variety of colors around for flags and was excited to make the sails red. Its not overly noticeable but the sails are two different shades of red, as they were in the picture which gave me the inspiration for the build.

That's a fine vessel and the level of detail is great for something so small. It looks nice against the painted background, but I think the Lego water technique is the better of the two. It has a good surface appearance and the color (what is it exactly?) looks fabulous. Good work, and while I'm at it your other big ship is great too.

I too really like the brick water and was originally not going to edit it out of that picture, but I had made the area of it around the boat too big for that angle. When I was editing it I thought it looked off. The color is made of trans blue atop trans clear plates. While changing the brightness in photoshop the color got distorted slightly and it came out yellowish on the lower clear layer. I think the fact that my table is off-white doesn't help.

Edited by Mr. Townsend

Nice little ship! I like the brickbuilt water, much better than a blue baseplate :classic:

Your build water is stunning. I so like that more that the edited picture.

Your boat is great as well. The sail youve made is looking really really good.

I want more ! pir_laugh2.gif

It's no surprise that there is a lot of great detail in her though I don't think any more swooning is required at this point. However, looking her over once more something note worthy grabbed my attention which it seems no one else has mentioned. She has reef points! Actual, functional reef points and on that scale. You sir may be mad as a hatter but I for one appreciate your particular brand of crazy. Great job!

Edited by kurigan

I've gotta echo those, who praise that beautiful little hull! However, what really stands out to me is the details of the rigging. It's just... all there! Blocks, stays, reef points, and things I definitely do not know the name of in English!

I.... AM... AMAZED! pirate_oh.gif

(As to rating, this could possibly be a class 1 to me, as it is definitely much more capable than a rowboat! pirate_blush.gif )