Sign in to follow this  
Apache

WW- Cav on the trail of Bandits

Yes, I took some minifigs out inot the dirt. Last week while running the dogs I noticed a real sweet spot that would be a perfect place to shoot an ambush scene. I almost ran out of light, but got a few pics. I wish I had more time to moc with bricks, but this will have to sastisfy your appetites for now.

Peace

P1010122.jpg

The cavalry trails the bandits across the hot sonoran desert

P1010125.jpg

Cut...who let the dogs out?

P1010129.jpg

Crack....kaaaapich...there everywhere...Sir, I'm HIT......FALL BACK MEN! BUGLER, SOUND RETREA.................ARGGGHHHH........

This is indeed an excellent spot for taking WW pictures.

It would be great seeing some more close ups and actions scenes at this place.

Nice dogs ;-)

I almost ran out of light, but got a few pics.

Actually, I think the lighting looks great this way! And you're absolutely right, that is a perfect spot for outdoor minifig scenes! *sweet*

As a pretty devoted 'purist', I can't see anything wrong with this at all. I kind of like the idea of LEGO interracting with nature, and you've picked the perfect spot to do just that.

Aaaah, giant slobbering beasts are attacking, Colonel! 8-

A very nice scenery, and a very good landscaping indeed.... :-P

I love it! Great backdrop for your troops - except for the two dogs. The thought of them gnawing on your figs would scare me. :'-(

Actually, I think the lighting looks great this way! And you're absolutely right, that is a perfect spot for outdoor minifig scenes! *sweet*

P1010129.jpg

The lighting does indeed work well - what kind of camera were you using?

I'm a bit of a purist and I have no problems with this at all. In fact I've been planning on doing the same thing with my Bulldozer and Backhoe. :-D Great photos! *wub*

like others, i was a little scared when i read the sub-title to this topic... but all is well :'-) i like the lighting on the image phes quoted... looks good !!!

- BM

Thanks for the compliments my lego brethren. I was able to catch that awesome sunset light. But as I was setting up the figures and the wind kept knocking down some of the cavalry and was losing light fast. I was able to snap some decent pics before I lost the light. I will definately take the figs back out into the desert for some battle scenes. To answer the question on the camera it's just an old Olmpus 3.2 Mgpxl camera with a pretty good zoom. I bought an exepensive Cannon this past summer but it's heavier and the Olympus takes pretty good pictures and I can just throw it in the pack and go. I'll post some more when I get out there again.

Keep those imaginations going, and enjoy the bricks!

Ok WW fans, you asked for it. I was able to get off work and get out into the desert before the sun went down and here are some battle scenes.....

ElJefe.jpg

El Jefe

corporalDavis.jpg

Corporal Davis

SargentOBrien.jpga

Sargent O'Brien

They drink, they burp, and they wait.....

banditambush.jpg

fallback.jpg

Pinned down....

notwithoutafight.jpg

Fighting back

Simply awesome angles and shots, that sun-down is excellent for this kind of shoot. And the clear pictures you're providing *y* *wub* !! You should make a comic at that area!

That scenery and those rocks make me think of that scene from Unforgiven. Where they shoot that guy in the stomach?

I give it *y* *y*

Gracias boys, yes the comic would be fantastic but my photoshop is down and I can't download photoshop to my work computer. I'm glad you like the pics, it was fun to set the figs up in the dusty Arizona Desert.

I like it a lot, wished I lived near aspectacular landscape, though let me change subject before I start ranting on about that.

Lovely idea to set them in real nature, I like the fighting back and pinned down pics so much, especially cause they're laughing through the entire experience which is just too hilarious. :-D :-D

Edited by Hairy Ruben

I was expecting some horrid Megabloks contraption, so these nice figs and the beautiful scenery was a pleasant surprise. *wub*

A new pic of a lone bandit wandering the barren arroyo in search of water.

desert2.jpg

I love all of your pictures. They remind me of why I love the Western theme. :-$

I agree, a comic in this scenery would be great!

Great photography all around. *y*