Kodan Black

[O - F10] - The Consummate and Paramount Importance of Brevity

Tags: Science, Land Vehicle

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

Tor wanted me to see some of the military technology they had. He said their military force was called the Marines, which ED-208 said "That would make sense." but I'm not sure what he meant. Maybe because they reminded him of the human Marines. Though Tor said they generally refer to themselves as Leatherbacks instead of Marines when among their own. Not sure why ED-208 found that amusing, must be a weird robot thing.

I actually had a very productive discussion on gyroscopic stabilization with one of their scientists. Dr. Long had sent me a message about some issues our robots had been having and she asked me to look into it. I didn't want to submit a full report yet because I was still learning so much from the Ter Tahls, so I only sent back info regarding the gyro upgrades I would suggest. I think partially Dr. Long just wanted to check in on me and make sure things were alright since she hadn't heard from me in a while.

Her reply of "OK, great." was also so typically her. She had taught me the importance of time, especially in science. This one time I had been talking to her for about 45 minutes when she stopped me and said that in science if you leave something for 1 minute too long during an experiment it can radically change things. So she told me that I had 1 minute to talk to her before the experiment was over. It really made me think about needing to keep things brief and to the point. She has such a brilliant mind and a fantastic way of looking at things and getting other people to understand them.

Tor took me into one of their research and development labs where they had a new autonomous tank they were working on. It was a mobile defense tank with 4 multipurpose missiles. ED-208 seemed very interested in it and asked if it could be remote controlled by robots. Tor said that it couldn't currently but that was a very good suggestion. ED-208 said he would be happy to assist with trying it out if they needed. It was really great to see him becoming a bit less worried about aliens and so willing to help.

21864666770_316c2a2f14_c.jpg

The Ter Tahls seemed to have very advanced technology, at least as advanced as our own. Hard to believe these aliens could be as advanced as humans, but in some ways their technology even exceeded ours! I was really excited for the prospects of learning from them and showing my new findings to Dr. Long. As a woman of science and knowledge she would be ecstatic to hear all about this!

Extra Pics: (Easter eggs for some upcoming story direction can be spotted)

22040441482_dda12a449a_c.jpg

21865946139_92d1b43f59_c.jpg

21864669080_de086c3198_c.jpg

21864669770_1362b2e818_c.jpg

Tank's launcher raises and lowers and there is even a blast shield panel that is integrated

21864958598_68e8be894c_c.jpg

22026664966_9b1ffbb765_c.jpg

21430012924_d72abc674f_c.jpg

Wow. This is one of your best builds yet, IMO! So clean and slick! I love thebplatform/catwalk! I love the tank! I love the easteregg.... :devil: and the story is great too! :laugh: awesome job! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I agree. best build yet. very well framed. the walkway is fantastic, as is the tank, minifig posing is a little stiff, but those are the fun details you get to focus on when everything else looks so good

Wow. This is one of your best builds yet, IMO! So clean and slick! I love thebplatform/catwalk! I love the tank! I love the easteregg.... :devil: and the story is great too! :laugh: awesome job! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

What he said, great build and story, the tank design is great!

Awesome build! The tank and the missile launcher in particular are really well-done. I also like all the crates and equipment scattered around. Great job. :thumbup:

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

The tank is outstanding, and the angled walkway is fantastic! I appreciate how clean and well presented everything is!

I'm curious where the story is going and what adventures this will lead Kodan and ED-208 to.

Thanks for the great comments everyone!

I agree. best build yet. very well framed. the walkway is fantastic, as is the tank, minifig posing is a little stiff, but those are the fun details you get to focus on when everything else looks so good

This is a very good point, I tend to toss my minifigs in right before shooting. ED-208 gets the most thought simply because I try to keep his weaponry varied unless he is in the same place like he has the past few weeks. I need to vary the minifig posing more and pay better attention to it. I do try to keep things in the proper hand at least (not swap guns or whatever between left and right), but mostly that is because I just make everyone a right-hander in my world. Except in cases like the one Ter Tahl with the wrench where it is in his left hand to make it more visible. :grin:

Hopefully my builds keep improving!