Sign in to follow this  
doug7172

StarFighter/ Racer Competition

This contest is to see who has the best starfighter/racer. I think that this is the perfact competion for all you space fans! But as with here are the rules

1. The fighter must be closed cockpit or else it loses points

2. The fighter must show some sort of propulsion system ( the place where the fire comes out must me made clear)

3. Show the bloddy controlls! If you have a mind hook up or somtin show a pice and say that it lets you controll the fighter mentaly :-|

4. All entries must have space for either one or two minifigs, preferable a 1 seater.

5. Have a great time building.

6. All entries will judged on how well they meeet the satnderds and how cool the judges think it is. It may be knocked down for chunkyness or be use of bricks

All entries must be riecevied by October 31st. I will chose the judges on saterday. Judging will begin the on the dead line and that following weekend and the winners will be revieled on the monday after holloween. Now that you have read the rules start mocing, Have fun and post you intries in this thread Entries

Edited by hinckley39

Sounds like fun, Doug. I hope there are a lot of entries. I edited the title in the entries thread. You missed a syllable in the word competition. :-D Have fun and I hope it's a good contest! *sweet*

Two questions;

1. Does it have to be a new creation?

2. Can it have room for more than one or two minifigs?

Two questions;

1. Does it have to be a new creation?

2. Can it have room for more than one or two minifigs?

Dude sure if you can fit as many people as you need to in youre ship. And yes it can be a ship you made a 30 bgazzilion years ago :-P

Hm, old entries you say? >:-) But seriously, is this specifically a fighter and racer combination contest, or could you enter a fighter or a racer?

Oh, and pinned

Sounds like a great contest, so I'll post my entry! ;-)

I made this maybe a month or two ago, but since it doesn't have to be new, it is a valid entry. It is my

Space Alien's Cruiser:

c1.jpg

Headlights:

c2.jpg

Side and Propulsion System:

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Blaster!

c5.jpg

Underside:

c6.jpg

Partying Pilot: Don't Drink and Drive! *n*

c7.jpg

Sorry, I don't have pictures of the control panel, but trust me, its in there!

Thanks, can't wait to see the other entries! X-D

Dude nice I love your entry!

Edit by Hinckley: Doug, traditionally entry threads are for entries only, so I moved your post to this topic. Comments should go in the discussion thread. I edited the topic title to say "Entries only please." This is a great contest and I can't wait to see all the entries. Thanks for running it, buddy. *sweet* *y*

Edited by hinckley39

hmm, i built my entry but before i post it,does it have to be sleek?mine is blocky and has uber weapons,along with a massive turret on top,a humongous engine,two skellie pilots/gunners,a pullback motor,and a dozer blade mounted on the front to push aside rubble.its fast and has enough weapons to blast any competition into orbit,but i can change it into a much sleeker form by removing the guns

jifel

hmm, i built my entry but before i post it,does it have to be sleek?mine is blocky and has uber weapons,along with a massive turret on top,a humongous engine,two skellie pilots/gunners,a pullback motor,and a dozer blade mounted on the front to push aside rubble.its fast and has enough weapons to blast any competition into orbit,but i can change it into a much sleeker form by removing the guns

jifel

8-

I am not a real space fan but I's working on a little project of mine that I need time to finish and post it later on, but I'll take the opportunity to post my super simple 1 seater spaceship (SSP X-D )

I wasn't happy about it due to my lack of whit parts but the new Quick promo just gave me the 2 parts I need to finish it !!

I'll post it tomorrow anyway just for the heck of it ;-) :-P

*yoda*

I think I commented those other neat entries already somewhere else, so this is for yoda:

8-

I have to echo asuka's comments here, I love the elegance in the simplicity of your design, *yoda*! There's something to be said for smooth lines *y*

CHUCK YOU ARE DIS QUALIFIED! The rules state that it my fit one or two minifigs! Yor moc is some non minifig weird creation!

CHUCK YOU ARE DIS QUALIFIED! The rules state that it my fit one or two minifigs! Yor moc is some non minifig weird creation!

Settle down there Doug. Chuck's starfighter does fit one minifig.

Settle down there Doug. Chuck's starfighter does fit one minifig.

Sorry I just jumped to conclusions. It looked like a non minifig fiter :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

I feel too scared to enter mine now... 8-|

Sorry I just jumped to conclusions. It looked like a non minifig fiter :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

Seems like somone here bought the Initech Jump to Conclusions mat X-D

-Chuck

I think it was asked, but as far as I can tell no clear answer has been given yet: can entries be either a starfighter or a racer? Or does it have to be both, something like a hotrodding spaceracer?

m19

Edited by Morgan19

I think it was asked, but as far as I can tell no clear answer has been given yet: can entries be either a starfighter or a racer? Or does it have to be both, something like a hotrodding spaceracer?

m19

Hello Morgan!

I do not know the answer to your question for sure, but I'm willing to bet Doug based his contest around SW4J's creation which is a space fighter/racer. So, I am led to believe that it is supposed to be a spaceship racer and not a town racer, correct me if I'm wrong Doug. :-$

I like your entry Doctor. It has a very classic feel to it. :-)

I decided to enter an older creation of mine...

I like your entry Doctor. It has a very classic feel to it. :-)

I decided to enter an older creation of mine...

Thanks, that's what happens when most of your pieces form part of a town and all you have left is some realy OLD LEGO. :-D

Yours looks great, I thought mine was big (oo-er)!

Dr. S.