Sign in to follow this  
doug7172

Starfighter/ Racer Competition Entries

Hello here is the entries thread for the starfighter/ racer competion. once again here are the rule's

1. The fighter must be closed cockpit or else it loses points

2. The fighter must show some sort of propulsion system ( the place where the fire comes out must me made clear)

3. Show the bloddy controlls! If you have a mind hook up or somtin show a pice and say that it lets you controll the fighter mentaly :-|

4. All entries must have space for either one or two minifigs, preferable a 1 seater.

5. Have a great time building.

The deadline is October 31st, Have fun (Non entrie post will be deleted)

Hey ppl Im entering mine! Im a shoin to win.

Uhh I do not want to write the same message twice because that might be spaming. I do not want to get in trouble so I will provide a link My entrie

Chucks entrie is disqualified becaus it did not follow guidlines

Edited by doug7172

Sounds like a great contest, so I'll post my entry! ;-)

I made this maybe a month or two ago, but since it doesn't have to be new, it is a valid entry. It is my

Space Alien's Cruiser:

c1.jpg

Headlights:

c2.jpg

Side and Propulsion System:

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Blaster!

c5.jpg

Underside:

c6.jpg

Partying Pilot: Don't Drink and Drive! *n*

c7.jpg

Sorry, I don't have pictures of the control panel, but trust me, its in there!

Thanks, can't wait to see the other entries! X-D

Okie here's my entry ;-)

Its a tiny and simple ship part of a way igger project I have called Team Odysseus which I really need to get moving !!

That small ship can be intergrated to 2 other MOCs I need to finish and post later !!

I still don't have a name for it but here is my cute little one seater ;-)

img_5131.jpg

img_5132.jpg

img_5133.jpg

img_5134.jpg

So here is a pic of the simplistic cokpit controls and my brave spaceman in it ;-)

img_5135.jpg

img_5136.jpg

Enjoy and commentaries are always welcome ;-)

*yoda*

Here's my entry. Actually, it's two ships but similar design - on the basis that the competition was for a Starfighter AND Racer, I've done both...all will become clear when you read the story...

My entry is the Sinister Industries Starburst Interceptor. The design is based on the original Sinister Industries Starburst X1A Racer which won the much sought after Keller Racing Prize three years running between 2985 and 2987. The Keller prize was established to find the fastest one-man ship that could circumnavigate the outer rim of Earth's solar system at sub-light speeds. The Starburst X1A managed to achieve a record time of twelve days in its first entry in the competition. After beating the opposition soundly and amazing the racing fraternity, the Terran Empire approached the designers at Sinister Industries with a view to obtaining permission to construct a variation of the Starburst X1A for military use.

Here's the original Starburst X1A Racer with its pilot, the galaxy-famous adventurer, stuntpilot and showman Anders Henrikson after his first win in the Keller Racing Competition:

racer1.jpg

racer4.jpg

A view from the top:

racer2.jpg

And a view from the rear:

racer5.jpg

Finally, a view in flight - note that the landing skids retract upwards during flight.

racer3.jpg

(The cockpit on this version does open, I just forgot to take a picture of that.)

The first Mk I Starburst production fighters entered service in 2994, and so far, three variants have served Terran Empire Forces with distinction. Featuring two injection fed Lavadyne engines the ship is capable of operating as an air-breather and in deep space, thus making it ideal for operating from planetary garrisons as well as from orbital or capital-ship based facilities. With the military version having lost the landing skids, the ship can land on its belly, although more usually it docks into a supporting cradle. This is to save weight. Lift is obtained entirely by inbuilt anti-gravity repulsors running along the keel. The Starburst can carry one pilot although there are slower two-man training models available.

fighter1.jpg

The Starburst is lightly armed with two forward mounted Grasers (gravity focussed laser beams) and two 12cm "Dart" missile launchers ahead of the engines. Although these missiles are small, the extra forward momentum of the ship firing them makes them a formidable weapon even without the warhead.

fighter3.jpg

The Starburst is lightly furnished externally to enable it to achieve its great speed. Many critics of the Starburst project say that it is a very ugly craft as much of its superstructure is exposed, however this makes it much easier to service and repair. Compared to such models as the Nymph Class Interceptor* or the Ganymede Class Strike Fighter** however, the Starburst is merely functional rather than beautiful, although it performs superbly.

A view from the rear:

fighter2.jpg

A view of the interior of the cockpit showing the controls:

fighter4.jpg

A view from the rear and above. Note that the aerospikes present in the original X1A version have been disposed of in the military design:

fighter5.jpg

The top lifts off to access the fuel injection system:

fighter7.jpg

Finally, a view in flight:

fighter6.jpg

Dr. S.

* and ** - visit Nova Sector for more details.

Here is yet another LuxorV Industries product for you: the Star Chevrolette.

It is the ultimate luxury veichle for single-person space travels *sad* .

starchevrolette_003.jpg

It features long fins (where the link to the famous car)

starchevrolette_006.jpg

Has shuttable propulsors' chamber

starchevrolette_008.jpg

A quite spacy cockpit, and simple controls

starchevrolette_010.jpg

starchevrolette_011.jpg

I know, it is a bit expencive, but our proud Sheriff got his as a reward for capturing the notorius space pirate Bullseye (for the symbol on his eye-bandage) 8-

I did mine as an alternate model of 6956 Stellar Recon Voyager:

Front:

6956alternatefront2.jpg

Back with engine:

6956alternateback2.jpg

steering, I did a classic car wheel, so its kinda oldschool X-D

6956alternateopen1.jpg

and with everything open:

6956alternateopen2.jpg

OKie contest closed (a bit late yeay I know :-P )

Anyway I shall start the polling later on today so be aware VanDamme style X-D

I shall close the entry thread ;-)

*yoda*