Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

Husbandry: Shepherds Hut

The Trifork has not been unaffected by the recent conflicts. Civil war in Nocturnus has brought strange fugitives to its borders; Drow incursions and rumours of plague in Avalonia has led to local unrest; Troubles in Mitgardia has disturbed trade and mythical incursions from the far north has brought fear to those lands; Lastly, the bloody struggle for control over Kaliphlin has demanded lives of sons, fathers and brothers, and disturbed basicly all daily tasks and routines of the border town.

During these times, everyone must take their part in feeding their families and keeping the economy going. One such person is young Peter, who has taken up tending to his family's sheep with his trusty dalmatian, while his father serves with the Trifork city guard.

20720060469_370b79c254_c.jpg

In the highlands north of the Trifork, the lands are perfect for grazing. However, as the highlands are a good two days out, the shepherds maintain a number of small huts for all of the community to use. Here they rest for the night, and store supplies to make their lives more comfortable. It is customary for shepherds to leave something for the next inhabitant, be it cheese, wine, bread, or similar.

Sheep is a popular livestock, as it can produce both meats, dairy products and wool, ensuring a steady income for the shepherds, regardless of price developments in any single commodity. Therefore, Peter's work is enough to keep his family well fed and to supply them with surplus products to take to the market.

20906807215_08fbde8c32_c.jpg

Thanks for looking - my second build for the husbandry minichallenge. The shepherd is from my minifig-series and I had the sheep lying around since forever. (They are not my own design, but I can't remember where I saw it.)

C&C welcome - again thanks for a nice minichallenge!

Small it may be, but this is still a very good build :thumbup: The grass layering and sheep are excellent, while the little hut features some nice mottling and a clever roof design :classic:

Thanks all - glad you like my humble contribution to the minichallenge - again a big thanks to the organisers. :thumbup:

This build was fun, and I think the outcome was pretty good. The hut is meant to represent something built from local materials and I am glad you like it! :classic:

Small it may be, but this is still a very good build :thumbup: The grass layering and sheep are excellent, while the little hut features some nice mottling and a clever roof design :classic:

Thanks, SK! I am happy you like the groundlayering and noticed the roof on the hut! :classic: