Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Hawk

My first moc on this forum

This is my v1 of this ship and there will be updates soon but for now this is what it looks like

(The Orions Helm)

post-144394-0-07022100-1441248800_thumb.jpg

this is the side of the ship

pirates-indexed.gif Two Masts - 7A

post-144394-0-04697100-1441248938_thumb.jpg

this is the stern

post-144394-0-67934800-1441249026_thumb.jpg

this is the bow

I love the name!

I'm assuming now that you've got your (very nice) design down, you're going to work on a unified color scheme and adding a few details. I highly recommend doing all decks in smooth tile to resemble planks. I recently redid my Thunderchild in that way, and it made a WORLD of difference.

I love it when new members introduce themselves with a Pirate ship MOC. It's a great way to size you up. :pir-grin:

Did you have an incomplete Black Pearl or were you attempting to create your own MOC with your bricks?

I love it when new members introduce themselves with a Pirate ship MOC. It's a great way to size you up. :pir-grin:

Did you have an incomplete Black Pearl or were you attempting to create your own MOC with your bricks?

I found my black pearl peices from a few years ago and just started to build and the design just came to my head

so now i have this vessel! pir_laugh2.gif

I love the name!

I'm assuming now that you've got your (very nice) design down, you're going to work on a unified color scheme and adding a few details. I highly recommend doing all decks in smooth tile to resemble planks. I recently redid my Thunderchild in that way, and it made a WORLD of difference.

I am going to us a certain color scheme once i get more ships and hulls and other items but right now i am building this Ship on a very tight budget. pirate_look.gif

Edited by Capt_Hawk

I am going to us a certain color scheme once i get more ships and hulls and other items but right now i am building this Ship on a very tight budget. pirate_look.gif

I totally get the budget constraints, but rather than buying whole sets, why don't you lay it out in LDD, then bricklink or pick-a-brick it?

This looks like a very good start. Best of luck finishing her up. On a side note, with all the Captains sailing the waters of this forum I might have to change my title. *wink wink* Keep it up!