soccerkid6

[Challenge 2] [Cat. B] Stinger, Class B Battlecruiser

This is my second SHIP ever, it measures in at 106 studs long, and just under 6 pounds. It's quite sturdy and features an interior, opening missile bay, rotating turrets, and working missile launchers. Plus a there's a docking location for a small speeder.

The MANTIS corp. has been rapidly producing a heavily armed fleet of spaceships. The Stinger is only a mid sized battle cruiser, but it packs plenty of firepower with it's laser turrets, various missiles, and heavy ion cannon. Standard crew consists of just 6 men thanks to advanced technical systems. Plus it's powerful plasma engines make it one of the faster ships around

overview.jpg

low.JPG

side.JPG

left.JPG

back.JPG

dock.JPG

bay.JPG

cannon.JPG

in.JPG

inc.JPG

inc3.JPG

See lots more pictures on my website: link

Thanks for looking :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Stunning! I saw this on Flickr and my jaw dropped. The size is impressive with plenty of great details throughout. I like the bit of brown, but I'm not a real fan of the asymmetry. Just my personal preference. :classic: I also think there's a bit too much lime green and not enough black, but this is still completely awesome. :wub: I also really like the bed design; I may have to "borrow" that some time! :devil_laugh:

Oh wow, that's a monster! I really dig that you've done all the internal work too. A very complete build.

My only criticism is that the external colours are extremely intense, I think this would look better with patches or stripes of colours rather than the grid. Can't deny that it's eyecatching, regardless!

Very nice cruiser SK! The asymmetrical shape looks great to me, and there's lots of neat details to spot all over this - the way you did the back thrusters for instance, I really like the use of trash can tops (or whatever the technical name is) upside down! The dashes of dark brown give a nice break from the lime and black, and the first edited shot is fantastic!

Awesome ship SK! I actually like the "grid" coloring, and the touches of brown surprisingly work well.

Wow! The overall shape is really nice, but it is when you start to look closer that all the details come to life. Great work!

This is an awesome SHIP. I really like the overall shape and greebling you used throughout. The pattern of greebles you used along the top are fantastic and I like the catapult/slingshot you have for the small fighter ship. I think the interior is a little too blocky but the other details more than make up for it.

Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

And by the way, I stole your bed/bunk design for my Challenge 2 Cat B build. :blush:

New favorite entry. You bring the same amazing sense of detail and economy of space that you bring to your castle builds. This is easily your most accomplished AG build.