Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

Marvel Super Heroes General Discussion

Anything and everything past and present about Marvel Super Heroes, that doesn't belong anywhere else, belongs here.

I'll start us off, when a new version of an already existing character comes out, do you sell off your old one and keep the new one? Or do you just keep both?

Edited by Sir Gareth

Would this be the place for me to mention my surprise at the Hulk..?

He's so small! I expected that set to be quite big, because I was thinking along the lines that the Hulk was going to be about the same size as the big figs from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings license (the only bigfigs I have). He's a lot smaller, and so is the Hulkbuster, than expected. The Hulkbuster as a model is too big, but I've come to realize that's not helped by the fact that the Hulk seems too small as well. Was he always this size or have previous versions of him been bigger?

I've gotten more use to the size now, but when I first opened it I was quite surprised. I think he could've done with being a bit taller? Not a huge amount, but at least a little bit bigger. What do you all think about it?

He's so small! I expected that set to be quite big, because I was thinking along the lines that the Hulk was going to be about the same size as the big figs from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings license (the only bigfigs I have). He's a lot smaller, and so is the Hulkbuster, than expected. The Hulkbuster as a model is too big, but I've come to realize that's not helped by the fact that the Hulk seems too small as well. Was he always this size or have previous versions of him been bigger?

I've gotten more use to the size now, but when I first opened it I was quite surprised. I think he could've done with being a bit taller? Not a huge amount, but at least a little bit bigger. What do you all think about it?

The Avengers: Age of Ultron Big-fig is the same size as the previous two (I know because I own all three.)

I think the Hulk's sizing is just right, in scale with a minifigure. If anything, he's too big :laugh:

Edited by Sir Gareth

The Avengers: Age of Ultron Big-fig is the same size as the previous two (I know because I own all three.)

I think the Hulk's sizing is just right, in scale with a minifigure. If anything, he's too big :laugh:

No, my dear fellow, Groot is too big!

He's so small! I expected that set to be quite big, because I was thinking along the lines that the Hulk was going to be about the same size as the big figs from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings license (the only bigfigs I have). He's a lot smaller, and so is the Hulkbuster, than expected.

Those two, at least the cave troll, had arms that rotated on a shift and could be unwaveringly positioned since they were given something to hold. They were larger in size.

After finding out a Kang the Conqueror minifigure is coming next year, I whipped together a prototype of his Time Chair from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and wanted some comments and criticism before I bought the right-colored parts. Please give credit if used.

20771997686_c33010b3a6.jpg

20805280371_099fb070a4.jpg

For reference:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kang's_Time_Chair

Edited by Sir Gareth

I'll start us off, when a new version of an already existing character comes out, do you sell off your old one and keep the new one? Or do you just keep both?

No way would I sell the old one off! I'm actually still wanting to track down previous versions of Hawkeye and Black Widow even though both are inferior to the newer ones. I display all the versions side by side in cabinets on my wall. I love having all the versions of Iron Man next to each other in the case, even though some of the torsos only have slight variations. It can be cool to see how LEGO is evolving in their Minifigure design. I hope this theme will live on for years to come.

Not a bad chair! The only criticism would be that it doesn't sit up straight. Perhaps some trans pieces could fix that

So...how long does everyone think Marvel Superheroes (or DC for that matter) will continue as an "evergreen" theme? Do you see any end to it?

Beautiful! For a whipped up MOC, that bears striking resemblance. Nice work.

Not a bad chair! The only criticism would be that it doesn't sit up straight. Perhaps some trans pieces could fix that

Thanks! I just finished MK II; I'll post pictures tomorrow.

So...how long does everyone think Marvel Superheroes (or DC for that matter) will continue as an "evergreen" theme? Do you see any end to it?

For as long as Star Wars, if not longer, considering the more extensive source material.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Love this thread Gareth, also like that chair i know your pwetttyyy excited for Kang (So am i :grin: , Another classic baddy is always welcome)

And i was just thinking, with the Civil War sets next year i'm gonna have all the Villains i've ever wanted, Ultron, Zemo, Kang,

Now if we get Thanos and Klaue i'd have my dream baddy team :grin:

Also if someone wants to recreate a nice Quicksilver scene use this piece: https://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=57895&name=Glass%20for%20Window%201%20x%204%20x%206&category=%5BGlass%5D#T=C

It works very well!

Love this thread Gareth, also like that chair i know your pwetttyyy excited for Kang (So am i :grin: , Another classic baddy is always welcome)

Thanks, kev!

Here's Kang's Time Chair MK II; I made a slight structural change to improve stability:

20819948901_33f3e266c6.jpg

20819949091_115c2ff73b.jpg

There's no way he doesn't get a helmet. He'd look foolish if it was printed or left out.

I was just thinking about that. I'd like a Visual Dictionary book of all the Spiderman and Superheres sets, like the DC Super Heroes book in 2012. I'd also like an exclusive Minifigure with it.

I was just thinking about that. I'd like a Visual Dictionary book of all the Spiderman and Superheres sets, like the DC Super Heroes book in 2012. I'd also like an exclusive Minifigure with it.

I'd buy it! I totally can't wait for the first Minifigure encyclopedia either, like the one Star Wars just got updated with the white Boba Fett. If they were able to do one for the entire Super Heroes line, they'd probably be just about able to justify publishing one since there are well over 200 minifigs now. But I'm guessing that the Marvel and DC ones would have to be separate, so we probably wouldn't see those for a few more years. But the Visual Dictionary could be done.

I'd buy it! I totally can't wait for the first Minifigure encyclopedia either, like the one Star Wars just got updated with the white Boba Fett. If they were able to do one for the entire Super Heroes line, they'd probably be just about able to justify publishing one since there are well over 200 minifigs now. But I'm guessing that the Marvel and DC ones would have to be separate, so we probably wouldn't see those for a few more years. But the Visual Dictionary could be done.

Only problem is we'd probably get yet another Iron Man variant as an exclusive.

But if it was based on the Mk 1 armor, I'd be all over it!

Is it better to wait for an official comic-based Daredevil minifigure or just buy a custom one?

I'm guessing the wait will be worth it. They'll sneak one in eventually that's kid-friendly but will also allow them to reel in all the AFOLs and fans of the Netflix series. He'll probably show up in a Spider-Man set.

He's really the only justifiable variant releases(Batman, to an extent) that we've gotten thus far. With so many armors I wouldn't mind seeing it continue. I do enjoy seeing all the customs out there, but I'm a purist at heart.

Going back to Hulkbuster suit and Hulk's size. When put together, the disparity between the two is annoying, but otherwise they're both appropriately sized.

so anyone up for summer wave theories/wish listing... I'd love to see

a spiderman set with white tiger (Although we'll probably get more spidey sets than that)

a GOTG set with a better groot

and finally, 2 Doctor Strange sets.

a spiderman set with white tiger (Although we'll probably get more spidey sets than that)

I second that, lovely wave

Speculation goes here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105704

While, wishlists go here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113546