After some deliberation I decided to enter the TC7 contest. This is only my 2nd MOC, however it turned out a lot better than I expected. I gave up on this MOC at least 3 times, but I kept coming back to it and the mechanisms started to work so I decided to finish it. I chose Enforcer as I only have a decent amount of white and black parts.

Transformation

The build is a truck that transforms into a 'water skimmer'. It's supposed to be in the same vein as the MASK car that opens its doors to become an aircraft; it's impossible for this setup to work in real life but it looks cool. For the transformation, I used fairly simple mechanisms, and all the gears are connected together. In fact, the gears only move around 7-8 spokes to go from truck to skimmer. To get everything to move correctly was quite an accomplishment for me. The build transforms by opening up the sides of the truck. There's also the standard HoG for steering and the doors open and close.

PO_001.jpg

PO_002.jpg

Features

Water Skimmer Transformation

- Base plate under the truck extends down so it can 'skim' across the water. This also pushes the wheels off the ground.

- 'Stabiliser Skis' come out, and rotate around all four wheels.

- Back of vechicle opens up and jet engine moves out slightly

Weaponry Transformation

- Medium range missles pop out at the back

- Heat seeking missles sit on the back skis

- Side panel opens up to reveal small torpedos on each side

- Hood opens up to reveal two machine guns

SS_003.JPG

SS_004.JPG

Video of Transformation

More images at Bricksafe

I really enjoyed making this. Any comments are appreciated.

SS_005.JPG

SS_007.JPG

SS_013.JPG

Edited by Chade

That looks great ! I love the transformation from truck to water skimmer is really original!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

omg i love it its so original. LXF-file please

I'm afraid I'll never create an LXF file, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. I build by sticking bits together while sitting on the couch watching TV :classic:

Edited by Chade

Brilliant build! Looking at your images I had no idea where those ski's came from so your video was great to watch.

Good luck.

H

I'm afraid I'll never create an LXF file, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. I build by sticking bits together while sitting on the couch watching TV :classic:

ok maybe you can do this when you dismantle your awsome moc

ok maybe you can do this when you dismantle your awsome moc

LOL I'm doing that every time i want to create an LXF-file

I've just realised the seats in this vechicle are blue. I can't believe I didn't see this before. Can someone advise whether this is allowed for Enforcers. I really don't want to do the photos / video again (though I will if I have to). Thanks.

I've just realised the seats in this vechicle are blue. I can't believe I didn't see this before. Can someone advise whether this is allowed for Enforcers. I really don't want to do the photos / video again (though I will if I have to). Thanks.

In the rules there is said that you can add a bit of other color(Example:In my truck there is black fifth wheel and black panel on the roof.)I think your seats are allowed.

Best regards Dan

Edited by LXF

Glad you did that Chade :classic: Nice contestant, cool design and smooth working + brilliant transformation :thumbup: Good luck for the competition and welcome to enforcers team :wink:

Brilliant build! Looking at your images I had no idea where those ski's came from so your video was great to watch.

Good luck.

H

Glad you did that Chade :classic: Nice contestant, cool design and smooth working + brilliant transformation :thumbup: Good luck for the competition and welcome to enforcers team :wink:

Thanks for the kind words Horace T and MacKaiwer, I really appreciate it.

In the rules there is said that you can add a bit of other color(Example:In my truck there is black fifth wheel and black panel on the roof.)I think your seats are allowed.

Best regards Dan

Thanks for the reply. I took some extra photos just in case as I'm unable to build for the next 2 weeks.

Very very nice! This is the kind of MOC is was hoping for. MASK written all over it. Glad you decided to join.

G'day. This is a perfect moc. You have my vote. Its simple and everything is well hidden. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Cheers Jono.

Very very nice! This is the kind of MOC is was hoping for. MASK written all over it. Glad you decided to join.

Thanks Jim, MASK is what I was aiming for.

G'day. This is a perfect moc. You have my vote. Its simple and everything is well hidden. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Cheers Jono.

Wow! Thank you. I'm very new to this so if I get 1 vote I'd be happy.

Well, this is the video I should have done for the competition. I haven't used video software for a very long time and I wanted to see if I could do it. It's pretty basic.

I'm also doing some photo instructions and putting this model on Rebrickable if anyone is interested. I tried to use LDD, but it was going to take me a very long time to complete it and the program is missing some of the new parts.

Not expecting much interest, I just wanted to learn the process.

Edited by Chade