Hi,

After a short detour in the wasteland I hereby present my latest MOC. I tried to make a 'classic' LEGO technic supercar with a modern look.

Features:

Independent suspension on all wheels

HoG+steering wheel steering

Butterfly doors (operated by two 20T wheels next to the air intakes)

5+R gearbox

V10 fake engine

19359780305_37be517f00_c.jpg

Views from all sides:

Front:

18739151693_09575ee16f_c.jpg

Side:

19172191028_f53c41ccd7_c.jpg

Back:

18737239554_66b9e7a780_c.jpg

Top (I particularly like the lines in this shot):

19353674692_3a1d1a73e2_c.jpg

Bottom:

19353673502_74cce65004_c.jpg

And the view with all doors open:

18737233104_e111d6ce9d_c.jpg

It's a modular design (I should have made a photo of that :blush: ), which made the development actually easier. The total development time (including the two weeks I spend on transforming it into a TC7 entry was only 8 weeks.

But as usual with my MOC's it isn't perfect yet... The doors need a little help during opening/closing and the front wheels touch some pins when steered to the extreme position (which, BTW, is more then the usual steering angle).

Estimated piece count is less than 1600. Of which only a few are rare (2x 16L flexaxle in red, 1x 14L flexaxle in black and I'm not sure about the tan beams)

Still, I'm pretty happy on how it turned out :classic:

Comments, constructive criticism and feedback is much appreciated

Beautiful techniques and details! Features are better than my current supercar attempt.

But I'm not convinced by the overall shape, especially the side view. Doesn't seem powerful enough, it's more like a Japanese girly car...

Very concept car like. I love it!

I'm not sold on using steering racks as side skirts though.. but the overall profile is absolutely beautiful.

Wow, the upperside view trully is amazing :thumbup: The only thing that bothers me are the rear mudguards leaning outside, the back seems a bit "boatish" because of that. The front reminds me of Aston-Martins and looks really good - kinda agressive, but with style and class :wink: Tan seats are refreshing! It sure is no coincidence, that so much metal hangs around the neck of your avatar :grin: .

Way cool car and very different. Since ths is a concept car with nothing to really compare it to, my only real critique is the distance between the seats being 9 studs. I also think the gear racks on the sides look out of place, but then again, it's a concept car.

Awesome! It has so original, smooth and beautiful design, and yet still it looks so mean and aggressive :thumbup: It is so cool that I may not ever seen so wonderful Lego Technic SuperCar :classic: In my opinion it is even better than Predator (which is one of the all time greatest supercar creations) :thumbup: I salute you master, very very well done!

The lines on this car are beautiful. They make it stand out from other supercar MOCs quite a bit. Or maybe it's just the fact that it's an original model. By the way, would you be able to show the chassis?

I already mentioned in TC7 topic, that it reminds me very much Mitsuoka

mitsuoka-orochi-china-1-458x314.jpg?97ba00

But this looks much better

I really like the lines on this car, they create such nice shapes.

Also it reminds me about the purple car from the 'Cars 2' movie.

This is one of those cars which shape i adore, so i'll probably reverse-engineer it.

Tibivi

Nice work. :classic:

I really like the curve on the roof when looking from the top. The way the front-window transforms into the back of the car.

Damn, that is a sexy misstress :laugh: :laugh: . Very nice looking MOC, really nice curves and lines.

I like its big backside. :blush:

v/r

Andy

Simply Stunning!!! Don't forget the very smooth/feminine 'curves' too ;)

Edited by DrJB

One of the most beautifull technic supercar i've ever seen. The body design is stunning.

Second this comment. Bodywork really stands out. Love to have this supercar in my new office......

One question that just popped-up: Why are all supercars either for young guys or empty nesters (i.e. have only 2 seats)? Anyone gave this a thought?

One question that just popped-up: Why are all supercars either for young guys or empty nesters (i.e. have only 2 seats)? Anyone gave this a thought?

Cutting down on weight would be my guess.

Cutting down on weight would be my guess.

It also gives more space to house the (usually) massive engine in its ideal position, as close and as low down in the middle of the chassis as possible. This means a lower centre of gravity, less load transfer, better weight distribution, etc. which matter when your car is meant to be built for ultimate performance.

Even in most grand tourers (unless they are boat-like in length), the rear seats aren't much good if you are over 5 and still have legs.

Edited by Jay Psi