Sign in to follow this  
Niloc

[K - A06] New Worlds Await

----------

Log 3 - New Worlds Await

Clash! The roguish Mantis Corp has started skirmishes on Guinevere. As peace between corporations is debated, Marcus is summoned to a remote facility on Guinevere to discuss the fate of his now uncertain journey…

----------

The class-2 mission on Lesser Direstan was a success. While Ash was a pain in the neck at times, he carefully followed (most of) my orders. With advanced equipment, we ended up mining 50K of Awesomnium in half a day, which is pretty good if you ask me. Or so I thought

Not so long after my return on the vessel orbiting Lesser Direstan, I was summoned by Mr. Nagashi of Leadership, who was the one to assign me the class-2 trial in the first place. This time he requested my presence on Guinevere. Heck, can ya believe that! Another interstellar travel, as if 2 times a month wasn’t enough! Though I was getting tired of long distance travels, I remained curious about one thing: he wanted to meet me far from the active territories, in the Garden Gold facility, a Leadership meeting center, exclusive to its members. Not a place for a pilot, let’s say. Weird things after another these days…

I arrived in a private KG hovercraft to the Garden Gold domain, a red dot in a sea of sand, rocks and volcanoes. Elite troops were awaiting on the landing platform to guide me through the clean, vast corridors of the palace. They left me before two gates with golden ornaments, which led to a wide, open room with carved walls and a complex window. There, Mr. Nagashi was standing still, awaiting with a stranger sitting on the floor next to him, who honestly looked like a dead samurai. Dang. Mr. Nagashi didn't wait to tell me the reason of this meeting.

(..)

RgloHWL.jpg

Mr. Nagashi : Welcome, Marcus, nice to see you again.

Marcus: The pleasure's the same, Nagashi-sama. That's a beautiful place we got there... I'm glad you've granted me the access...But what do you request of me?

Mr. Nagashi: Marcus, Leadership knows you have a lot of potential. We saw something very promising in you that others don't have. Unfortunately, your talent was put... on a time out... when you arrived in the system. Be sure we are aware of this. In this line of thought, I hope your legs are not bothering you anymore...

However, we assigned you a class-2 mission as soon as you were out, anticipating your success, knowing you would prove yourself to Kawashita-sama as you have in the past. We had high hopes and were ready to promote you to class-3 when protocol would allow it, but the results we received were unexpected. Leadership wanted you exiled from the order, but I convinced them. I told them you were not used to your legs, that your senses were blinded by the beauty of Andromeda. That you would soon rise from that deep sleep and become the man you are destined to be. Thus, they gave your destiny to my personal care.

There is a world out there, Marcus. Beyond that window, it awaits to be discovered. Mysteries and treasures beyond belief. That is what drives us to be excellent. To reach the unknown, to understand it, make it our own. Tell yourself: "what do I want the most?". Going back on Terra, feed the war and hope for a better tomorrow? Or explore... this, he told me as he opened his arms in the infinite.

Marcus: I wish to stay and prove myself, Nagashi-sama.

Mr. Nagashi: We can give you that chance, one last time.

fV2JWx5.jpg

Mr Nagashi: The other corporations have been very active lately… It’s only a matter of time before our interests really… clash. Octan is still far, but we’re watching their every moves as we speak. As for Mantis, they are on this very planet, stealing our very gold. They’re barbarians, without tact, without honor. They don’t see further than the end of their noses, but these brutes got here before us. Do you see my point, Marcus? They are an imminent thread.

Marcus: Aren’t we signing a deal with the Mantis Corp?

Mr. Nagashi: Narbilu-Sama and the executives are saving us time. Soon enough, we’ll be fighting for a piece of gold and a pen and paper won’t be enough. Though, it gives us an opportunity… An opening in the shadow. That’s where you come in, that’s where you get your second chance.

Marcus: And that guy’s got the word? Right?

hEvbHSn.jpg

Nova:

Mr. Nagashi: Nova, a special force who has proved worthy more than once. He never failed. He never missed. You and him will work together as a team for this new mission. He is the key to your absolution. Understood?

Marcus: Yes, Nagashi-sama.

Mr.Nagashi: Then, we shall begin. There is much to settle on Guinevere…

Honor. Glory. Kawashita.

----------

KG Art Database (Delta-2 Access):

1hdN1RG.jpg

HONOR

Levsky, Nara

12x16 studs

Bricks on plate

3815 AD

In memory of our great leader and inovator, the piece reminds us of the bond between human and machine, two beings who, if living together, can bring harmony to the world.

nz1CJGf.jpg

GLORY

Levsky, Nara

12x16 studs

Bricks on plate

3815 AD

Reminder of Kawashita Corp.'s undying will to explore new horizons, this figure illustrates a colonel saluting the departure of a fleet to space, the new frontier.

Full view of the structure:

bocgzv4.jpg

That was a fun build! I tried to put details here and there...

The wall sculptures are inspired by Chris Mcveigh's Brick sketches. Those are fantastic!

Edited by Niloc

Cool build! I like how the scale of the window is shown in the first picture especially. I also like the floor. :thumbup:

Wow, great build and story! The window is fantastic and I love the little (bonsai?) trees and artwork!

Great forced perspective in that first shot! :thumbup:

Lots of cool stuff all over this MOC. I particularly like the addition of artwork on the walls, though the little trees and forced perspective are a close second and third.

Great build! I like the scenery out the window. The Bonsai trees are a neat detail.

Good to know that the treaty was just an attempt to buy Kawashita time. :grin:

Excellent FP and very nice scene, Niloc, that first shot is particularly good! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot everyone! I try to improve presentation (photo, story, etc.) a bit every week, so I'm glad the perspective seemed to have worked more this time than in my first entry. Very encouraging :classic:

Wow, great build and story! The window is fantastic and I love the little (bonsai?) trees and artwork!

Yup, these little fellas are bonsai trees! :laugh: Thanks!

Great build! I like the scenery out the window. The Bonsai trees are a neat detail.

Good to know that the treaty was just an attempt to buy Kawashita time. :grin:

Misunderstanding! :laugh: Really, what Mr. Nagashi was trying to say is that the treaty will just delay an inevitable war between Kawa and Mantis. Everything is cool now... or is it? :wink::devil:

Oh, didn't get a chance to say so earlier, but I loved this! Excellent story, excellent build, and lovely "paintings" this, much like Mister S' s garage this week convey what I would imagine to be a very "Kawashita" feel!

~Insectoid Aristocrat