Sign in to follow this  
sipka

frigate " Golden Pegasus"

I love the design on the back of the ship with the gun hatches very nice!!!!

Sipka,

Very nice Frigate! The stern looks very cool with the arches that you've used. The half arches on the hull look nice too!

Great looking ship!!!

Edited by Ltfalcon

Nice ship! The stern is indeed beautiful but my favorite part is the curved slopes used to widen the hull. They may not extend far or gain much width but they are very smooth and look far more natural than most hull-widening techniques. The black over brown looks good (as always) and the tiled deck looks great. The rigging looks pretty good to be so simple. I don't think I've ever seen gunports decorated like that. I've never liked black sails but yours aren't bad at all. Very good work!

Edited by Captain Dee

A super frigate! I'm impressed by the sails and guns most of all. I bought the Imperial Flagship 10210 and she has paper sails which isn't good at all for a LEGO set and only 4 guns, surely not enough for a 3-masts vessel. Keep on building! Every battleship or a pirates' ship needs another vessel for fighting and then an island to hide treasures.

Lovely overall. The curved slopes to widen the hull definitely have a nice look, and for some reason the design of the lantern at the stern caught my eye. Really nice! pirate_satisfied.gif

I bought the Imperial Flagship 10210 and she has paper sails which isn't good at all for a LEGO set...

10210 surely doesn't have paper sails (mine has the same stiffened cloth as all the other pirate ships they're produced, anyway)- if you got it from an after-market source they may have pulled a fast one on ya! pirate_look.gif

LOL! I was about to write the same: 10210 doesn't have paper sails :P

And on the topic, this MOC is really nice. Especially its stern, curves and colors.

Thank You All pirate_classic.gif With original lego sails I´m not satisfied, I have tried also from 10210 but for pirate ship I choose black sails from 4184 The Black Pearl. During the time I will try to change it and supplement rig, ropes.

Good inclusion of yellow to lighten up the masts.

Ah, yes- I meant to comment on that as well. It would have been far too muddled and dark between the masts, sails, and rigging without that little touch, and it looks great. pirate_classic.gif