Sign in to follow this  
Jakorin Swiftsword

[WZ15: E12, HC] Amrakect Bloodbath

Jakorin assembled all the men he had left. Being beaten and battered all over Kaliphlin had taken its toll. Nearly half his fighting force dead or wounded. It was no wonder the morale of his men was low as he took his place at the front of one of the entrances to Amrakect. Behind him, his men said nothing, their silence casting a shadow of doubt over his troubled mind.

His helmet under one arm, shield and spear cradled in the other, he sighed wearily as the tan cloud of dust that had assembled into the sky made its way ever closer to their position. He didn't turn to see his men's reaction as the first sight of Nocturnian Desert King followers crested the hill, but instead looked beyond the enemy and the dust cloud to the blue sky above.

Kaliphlin had a beautiful sky... Not a single cloud obscured it.

The frightening sound of the repetitive marching met his ears, but he did not fear it. Simply, he acknowledged it. It was here. It had to be faced. It was Anvilon's duty. Or was it? He turned to his men, their eyes full of fear and anger. Not angry at Jakorin, but for friends lost, sore limbs, and the constant thought of home. The same feelings that also filled Jakorin's heart with suffering over the past few months. He turned back forward as a bat-like creature on a horse waving a white flag of truce approached.

Jakorin wasn't sure if he regretted joining personally in this war. Putting his men's lives on the line, and risking throwing Anvilon into confusion should he himself die. He'd told his people and soldiers that what happened to Kaliphlin directly affected Avalonia. But was that true? Ulandus simply wanted to reunite. Was that something to get his soldiers killed over? The Desert King wanted Kaliphlin for himself. Was that really Jakorin's business? Who was to say if Avalonia would be negatively or positively affected by the outcome of the war? From the looks of things, the Desert King was crushing all resistance, forming powerful alliances, and storming cities all over Kaliphlin. Cities like Amrakect.

These tormenting thoughts swirled in his head as the sun settled directly over them. Midday, Jakorin thought to himself as the man-bat halted his glossy black steed directly in front of him. For a moment, neither said a word. But the bat didn't have all day to claim this city.

"A strange day, my Avalonian friend," he said, his words smooth and alluring. "A Nocturnian army face to face with an Avalonian army on Kaliphlin soil." Jakorin peered up to meet the bat's red eyed gaze.

"Strange indeed," he replied simply, "But these are dark times." He added the latter portion of his statement coldly. The man-bat laughed, unaffected.

"My name is Atirus," he said with a tone that clearly meant it was time for business. "I am ordering you and your men to stand down, and get out of our way!" Jakorin allowed himself a small grin, causing Atirus' brow to furrow in anger.

"You know I can't do that," Jakorin jeered, "I am forbidden by my Avalonian honor to run from the spear of Nocturnus scum like you." Atirus frowned angrily and spit at Jakorin's feet.

"You humans disgust me! I'll cut you down! You and your honor!" he barked furiously. He crumpled the white flag up in his fist and then chucked it in Jakorin's direction. It missed Jakorin's face by an inch or so, angering Atirus even more. He turned his horse forcefully and trotted away back to his large score of soldiers.

Jakorin nodded. "Then let it begin." He threw on his helmet, his view of the world now through the cuts in his visor. He took up his spear in his right hand and the green shield in the other. He backed slowly into the front line of men at the entrance. But instead of falling to the rear as the leader should, he stayed put, shield and spear raised into position.

"M'lord," a soldier to his right said, wonderment filling his face, "would the back not be a more suitable place?" But Jakorin merely laughed, its echo muffled by the helmet.

"Nay," he answered, "I'd like to have a better view of our enemies faces when they realize they aren't getting into the city this day. Or any day. ARE YOU WITH ME, MEN?! ONE MORE TIME!"

"HUZZAH!, HUZZAH!, HUZZAH," they chanted, shields and spears pumped back and forth into the air. From across the field, the signal for the charge was given. Shields settled into place and spears were lowered to eye level. The ground vibrated with their charge.

Then, they clashed...

17136874428_69f914276f_c.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for looking! C and C is always appreciated! Enjoy! :sweet:

First of all, the story is very well-written. The build is very nicely done as well. The thick walls, arch and roof all look terrific. The texturing of the walls is nice and the trees are a good addition. The double base looks great and the posing looks appropriately tense. Very good overall!

Very nice job here Jakorin! The wall texture is great and while the roof strikes me as a little strange for the top of a gate, it looks pretty good nonetheless! :thumbup:

What a beauty! Though I don't think you should be picking fights with Nocty lol! There are so many things to enjoy about this build. The arch has the right amount of texturing, the minifig posing and to top it off a great story that sets the tone. Wonderful job!

Fantastic entry! I really like the brown dots for texture in the end of the wall and the tall archway looks great :thumbup:

Very nice trees too :classic:

Oh, wow! Where do I begin? Being raised off the base looks great, those custom leaves look fantastic, and the story was awesome! Although, I think my favorite part was the way you did the flag on your helmet :classic:

Really nice build and as usual first class presentation. You have really captured the textures of Amrakect well. You do know that the DK advocates the return of Esterbroke to Avalonia and is pro-Avalonia? His majesty will treat any lords who turn to his cause with honour, it's not too late.

Very nice! I really like the stonework and figs!

Thank you!

I must say, this has to be one of my favorites from you. I especially love those trees. :thumbup:

Thanks Graham!

I have to say, I rather like those figs! Look a little familiar to me! Great build! :thumbup:

Honestly, I didn't have enough Ulandus or DK figs to make a battle scene. I had to compensate. :laugh:

First of all, the story is very well-written. The build is very nicely done as well. The thick walls, arch and roof all look terrific. The texturing of the walls is nice and the trees are a good addition. The double base looks great and the posing looks appropriately tense. Very good overall!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

Excellent work! I really love how you made the trees and the wall :thumbup:

Thank you! :classic:

Very nice job here Jakorin! The wall texture is great and while the roof strikes me as a little strange for the top of a gate, it looks pretty good nonetheless! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot!

What a beauty! Though I don't think you should be picking fights with Nocty lol! There are so many things to enjoy about this build. The arch has the right amount of texturing, the minifig posing and to top it off a great story that sets the tone. Wonderful job!

Thank you!

Fantastic entry! I really like the brown dots for texture in the end of the wall and the tall archway looks great :thumbup:

Very nice trees too :classic:

Thanks LittleJohn!

Oh, wow! Where do I begin? Being raised off the base looks great, those custom leaves look fantastic, and the story was awesome! Although, I think my favorite part was the way you did the flag on your helmet :classic:

Thanks, I was hoping someone would notice that!

Really nice build and as usual first class presentation. You have really captured the textures of Amrakect well. You do know that the DK advocates the return of Esterbroke to Avalonia and is pro-Avalonia? His majesty will treat any lords who turn to his cause with honour, it's not too late.

I'm afraid my loyalties lie with the High Council to the last. Thanks for the comment though. :wink:

Fine and clearly designed build!

:thumbup:

Thanks Captain!

Superb entry Jakorin, excellent story and fantastic job on the gateway! I really like your light gray and tan walls, and the roof is very nice as well :sweet: Excellent fig posing and landscaping, and the raised brown base really helps the build shine! :thumbup:

Nice story, usually I skip them when they're long but for some reason I started reading yours and didn't stop. :wink: I like the build too, the big triangle at the top really sets it off.

Superb entry Jakorin, excellent story and fantastic job on the gateway! I really like your light gray and tan walls, and the roof is very nice as well :sweet: Excellent fig posing and landscaping, and the raised brown base really helps the build shine! :thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon!

Nice story, usually I skip them when they're long but for some reason I started reading yours and didn't stop. :wink: I like the build too, the big triangle at the top really sets it off.

Thanks! I figured I'd do a nice story for the build this time. Glad to know its appreciated.

That is a very impressive gate, Jakorin, and I too like the Triangular top - makes me think of classical architecture. :thumbup:

The texturing is just perfect, both on the front, side and roof, and I really like your trees. However, what I like the most is how you present the thoughts about facing a superior enemy, fighting for someoneelse's cause on foreign land. :thumbup: :thumbup:

It is good to have you on our side, and it is an honour to fight alongside you!

For the Republic! For the People!

Fantastic arch :wub: I've always liked your bley/tan builds and the roof on this is a great addition :thumbup: Excellent ground and path texture too :classic: