Sign in to follow this  
Andrew_C

MODs using Brick Bounty

Here are some pics of a couple of ships I've made using two of the Brick Bounty sets per build. The local store had $50 off, so with the help of my partner I picked up four of them.

The first is basically a double length Brick Bounty, with an extra mast added. I omitted the rear firing cannon and have set up four cannons per side. I added the skull from the 70411 treasure island set. It currently has a crew of 11.

20150418_161436_zpsj8molqwn.jpg

pirates-indexed.gif 175B

20150418_161540_zpsiouh1gs0.jpg

20150418_161353_zpse0wj3o87.jpg

20150418_161558_zpsqzixiwo9.jpg

20150418_161457_zpskxd2qrsf.jpg

20150418_161340_zpspsyfcipo.jpg

20150418_161608_zpsq2flj7iq.jpg

20150419_154126_zpsfpfn0qs2.jpg

The second is a Schooner type vessel. This is still a WIP. I want to make new sails for this one. Still need to work on crew and a few other details like access to the bridge

20150424_165731_zpszd6knzjd.jpg

20150424_165855_zpsrssypwxf.jpg

20150424_165905_zpsg2gwsdey.jpg

20150424_165921_zpszsvb78ax.jpg

20150424_170305_zpssfrsqqhb.jpg

20150424_165912_zpssdlbcchi.jpg

Looking forward to feedback and suggestions

Cheers

Andrew

Unfortunately Photobucket (as a hosting site) and my mobile phone don't get along, so my viewing experience is somewhat limited. You have a good start on both vessels; lengthening the hull was a good idea. As shown the first (full-rigged) looks just like a stretched version of the standard set. Building up the hull and enclosing the deck would really transform the look; likewise I suggest adding a third sail to the mainmast at least. I realize doing any of those things will be difficult using only the parts from TBB, and ultimately you have to decide whether you want something that looks like the official set or something more realistic. The good news is the possibilities are almost unlimited. Again, this is a good start. Experiment a little and see what you can come up with.

I took the liberty to change the title to "MOD" (modification) instead of "MOC" as it fits the topic better.

The three masted version is a really fine thing. I should probably buy another Brick Bounty and do just the same. Good idea!

The use of the skull also seems to make sense.

However, the Schooner does not come across so well. Maybe it is also due to the fact that there is not a single soul on board.

In any case: Brick on!

Great work! I like how you modified the official set. Giving the ship three masts is a nice idea :thumbup:

$50 off! Wow what a steal. What store is that?

I like the three masted version, but I'm afraid that the length of it kind of exacerbates how shallow the side walls are. Most of the shots that show off the full length almost look like WIPs as a result. If I were you I'd raise the wall just a bit. Then again, maybe it's just me.

The schooner looks really promising, and I like the shape. I think it'll look awesome once you finish it. Not too sure about schooner sail plans, but my gut says the middle mast should be brought back a few studs. Maybe someone who knows more can comment?

Thanks for the feedback :)

Does anyone have suggestions for how to build up the front more?

I'm currently limited to what dark brown bricks I have, but will be looking to BL an order in a couple of weeks.

I have thought of building up the front similar to the Imperial Flagship.