Has anyone tried putting Homer Simpson's arms on a Spongebob minifigure? I recently thought of it because Spongebob has short sleeves in the show and in the MB figures, but not in the LEGO figures, since it was before the time when they started doing that. I'd do it myself, but I only have a Spongebob, no Homer, so I thought I'd ask. I recently discovered that Martin's arms from the upcoming Simpsons CMF Series 2 would work as well, though I opted to get Homer's dress shirt from Bricks & Pieces. Here's an image of Spongebob with the short-sleeved arms, provided by Darkrattyop.

-Nomad

Edited by Silent Nomad

I was just thinking about Homer one time and I thought what other character has a short-sleeved shirt with yellow arms, and I realized Spongebob does, but he never got his sleeves. Out of curiosity I looked at the Simpsons CMF Series 2 listings on Brickset, and it looks like Martin would do as well. I'll probably get him, since the Homer minifigures are a bit hard to find. The only thing I don't know is if CMF arms will fit in a non-CMF torso. I've heard that CMF hands don't fit in non-CMF arms (or maybe that's the other way around), so I don't know about the other fit.

The only thing I don't know is if CMF arms will fit in a non-CMF torso. I've heard that CMF hands don't fit in non-CMF arms (or maybe that's the other way around), so I don't know about the other fit.

I have mixed a few things around from experimenting (hands and legs mostly) and haven't had any problems or noticed anything different really between the Collectables and regular minifigures. Removing and/or replacing arms in any torso can be tricky business.

I plan on being very careful, and even removing the hands before messing with the arms, so I don't put any stress on the hands and risk breaking them. I already have an arm replacement planned for an unrelated (Green Arrow tv show version) minifigure.

I have mixed a few things around from experimenting (hands and legs mostly) and haven't had any problems or noticed anything different really between the Collectables and regular minifigures. Removing and/or replacing arms in any torso can be tricky business.

I tried using the Video Game Guys arms (the doulble printed ones, the grey and black) on Tony Stark, and they were loose as hell, and swung around in circles when I moved the figure back and forth. I got another one later on, and these arms were too tight! Mine's bad, but I've heard horror stories about mixing and matching. Anyway, all I'm trying to say is: When mixing CMF and regular minifigs, don't be surprised if bad **** happens.

I recently put the arms from the elven archer minifigure on a Green Arrow minifigure as part of a custom Arrow tv show version of Green Arrow. The first arm was very difficult to take off the original torso and put on the new one, but I just chalked that up to it being my first time doing that, because the second one was easier.

Edit: I found Homer's dress shirt from the Simpsons House set on Bricks & Pieces, so I'm planning on getting that hoping that the arms from it will work since it's not a CMF torso.

Edited by Silent Nomad

I've not found any real issues mixing CMF and regular figure parts like that. I have switched printed arms with armour parts or tattoos onto torsos and after getting a lot of Crash Test Dummy series 1 figures I used some of their arms to turn certain torsos sleeveless. I've also not experienced issues with the hands, I switch them around without problems or even really noticing which parts were original to a figure and what were simple replacements once I was finished swapping or when I wanted to use the torso again. (I have a box of armless or arm/hand missing torsos and a partition of arms and hands from my parts switching custom figures. Looks a little Doctor Frankenstein, but not as bad as my sister and her doll customising space!)

I know this is a late reply and all that, but I thought I would share in case you hadn't made a purchase yet, a blind bag figure in the supermarket/toystore would be cheaper right?

I think with any arm or hand on minifigures it is a case of how carefully the part is removed/put on, how often the parts have had this done and how old the parts are too. Some of my oldest parts have little friction in an arm or both and I wouldn't dare alter some of the old figure parts I collected since.

Getting Homer's dress shirt from the Simpsons House is actually cheaper (at $2.23) than getting a whole figure for just one part, and I'd rather play it safe and not use a CMF piece on a non-CMF minifigure. I was planning on ordering more pieces from B&P anyway, so that just added to my order, which is fine.

Thanks for posting that pic. I kept forgetting to take a pic of mine, and your pic is better than mine would have been anyway. As for your statement, I mostly agree with you, but I still think I like him better with sleeves than without. I'll link to your post in the first post, to make the pic easy to see.