Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

[MOC] Golden Furious

16891337122_47e86e5d76_z.jpg

Golden Furious by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

So, this is my second attempt at a CCBS dragon, and this time it is 100% purist everywhere. It is much smaller than the Okoto Dragon, however it gave me the chance to try some more intricate techniques, especially for the head (which I think I tried building at least 5 times before I got it right). It features full articulation, right down to a poseable jaw and folding wings. The torso is actually constructed off a derivative of one of Rayskull's alternate protector builds (which also goes to show how versatile the torso is). Here's some pictures:

16705139090_c1eb3a03ed_z.jpg

16892554685_360600042e_z.jpg

Positive and constructive comments welcome. I hope you enjoyed looking at this MOC :classic:

Lovely use of pieces here. The brown and the gold work together especially well.

The only thing I can really find to complain about is the tiny size of the front feet compared to the back feet, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to how cool the build looks.

Lovely use of pieces here. The brown and the gold work together especially well.

The only thing I can really find to complain about is the tiny size of the front feet compared to the back feet, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to how cool the build looks.

The only reason for the size difference in the feet is because I only had 2 of each type that weren't tied to other builds. I wanted to do all small feet originally, like what the Ninjago Titanium Dragon or Master Wu Dragon has (since Golden Furious is a similar size).

Oh, and ignore where I say 100% purist (though it's easily changed). I got so hung up on how I managed to use official LEGO sails for the wings that I forgot I used a magic erasered Tahu chestplate :facepalm: