Sign in to follow this  
Praiter Yed

[SPC] Cat A - Six from the Ragged Tiger

Original Post and edits: A couple of (Four) (All) the 'characters' from the pirate ship 'The Ragged Tiger', more info and figs (group shot) to follow...

Thanks to Bob De Quarte and anyone else at EB involved in running/hosting the contest - I've had great fun making these figs :thumbup:

And now introducing the crew of The Ragged Tiger...

16778300788_e3e8d8aec8_c.jpg

16700660819_63ce3a1dc6.jpg

B.E.R.—yL: BIO ELECTRICAL ROBOTIC LIFEFORM?

This Bio-Electrical Robot become sentient when its organic circuits were overloaded with too much information. The crew of The Ragged Tiger affectionately call her Beryl because of her barrel shaped torso and old ladies' gait.

16885845462_ff9474138c.jpg

Euryale

Euryale, an aquatic creature from Ceto Prime still wears the chain from when she was held captive by The Union Of The Snake. Her breathing apparatus draws water from the atmosphere and pumps the condensed liquid into her helmet.

16902936812_f5458bc7e1.jpg

P.O.L. aka Pretty Polly

Stolen/rescued from an Imperial laboratory this Prototype Organic Lifeform is nicknamed Pretty Polly by the crew of The Ragged Tiger. All she wants is to leave her pirate life behind and settle down on an ordinary world.

16902935262_59940f8b30.jpg

Captain Rio

Coupled with her crazy war paint, the fact that Captain Rio approaches every raid with a view to a kill has led the crew of The Ragged Tiger to believe her mind has completely come undone, but she remains an excellent tactician and rules her crew with an iron fist - literally!

16737983178_e544fd3a53_z.jpg

Jake Sissken aka Captain Cliché

Former leader of The Wild Boys and pioneer of the notorious skin trade, Sissken's downfall was driven by his infamy and desire to look like the most pirate-like pirate in the galaxy. He soon became addicted to surgical deminishment, removing more body parts than was truly neccessary and hideously disfiguring himself in the process. The crew of The Ragged Tiger call him Captain Cliché but never to his face. He would give his right leg to captain his own ship again but is more likely to give up his shipmates instead!

16924360412_858a927924_z.jpg

Simon Lee Bone

Abducted from planet Earth to replace their former cabin boy (who was accidentally jetisoned), Simon Lee Bone's duties onboard The Ragged Tiger include swabbing the decks and entertaining the crew with his songs about their exploits (like the one about the time captain Rio danced on the sands of Poseidon IV). He harbours a desire to return to Earth and fulfil his dream of joining a band.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Thanks for the feedback guys :sweet: . Two Four more characters added, 'Mermaid' & BERyL updated.

Edited by Praiter Yed

I hope it's acceptable to make a double post to announce that my crew is now fully assembled. I may find the time to take a better group shot though.

Really nice combinations, good job! I have one criticism, Captain Rio's face looks too terrified for a person who rules with an iron fist.

Neat robot, well executed..!

Thanks

Nice work on your crew. Simon lee bone is pretty funny with his mike mop :)

Thanks, coincidentally Mike Mop was the name of the previous cabin boy :grin: .

Really nice combinations, good job! I have one criticism, Captain Rio's face looks too terrified for a person who rules with an iron fist.

Thanks for the feedback. I always think Lego's simplistic faces are open to interpretation and although I know it was supposed to be a scared face I was reading gritted teeth and anger. However I've taken your comment onboard and have changed the face to what was actually my initial choice - sadly she's lost her good looks now though.

Now I need to change the group shot again.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Very original and unique brick combinations, I like them all...OK, maybe except that girl cos she looks too normal for that company. :grin:

Captain Rio reminds me of Alveda from One Piece (ironically a pirate manga!). Awesome job!

A little late commenting, but your write-up had me chuckling out loud when I read it just now. Well done.

Thanks for the nice comments and apologies for my late reply - been suffering with MAN-FLU! :sick:

1st post now updated with revised group shot.

Captain Rio reminds me of Alveda from One Piece (ironically a pirate manga!). Awesome job!

Thanks. Had to look that up but I can see where you're coming from.

A little late commenting, but your write-up had me chuckling out loud when I read it just now. Well done.

I aim to amuse myself with Lego stuff as much as possible, I'm glad that I also amused you in the process :wink:

Nice crew! and an xtra point for being a Duran Duran fan ;)

I wouldn't say I'm a Duran Duran fan although I am currently going through an 80's music phase. I recently caught a documentary about the making of the Rio album and seeing Duran Duran wearing their stripy sweatshirts triggered the idea of Simon Le Bon Lee Bone being abducted by Space Pirates. Did you spot the 11 Duran Duran song titles 'hidden' in my descriptions?

Did you spot the 11 Duran Duran song titles 'hidden' in my descriptions?

The first 8 were easy (The Union of the Snake, Rio, A view to a kill, The Wild boys, Notorious, Skin Trade, Planet Earth, Ordinary World), 2 I had to look up (Come undone and All she wants....I stoped being a fan after notorious)....but the last one remains a riddle...you have to help me there :wacko:

That's a nice collection, I really like how the Itchy body works with the Chima head to make a pirate-bird. (But birds don't have belly buttons!) I think that's the standout fig from this set so it works well that it's also the most attention-grabbing!

Thanks for the comments :sweet:

The first 8 were easy (The Union of the Snake, Rio, A view to a kill, The Wild boys, Notorious, Skin Trade, Planet Earth, Ordinary World), 2 I had to look up (Come undone and All she wants....I stoped being a fan after notorious)....but the last one remains a riddle...you have to help me there :wacko:

Where's the fun in helping? - I shouldn't really give you too much information :wink:

That's a nice collection, I really like how the Itchy body works with the Chima head to make a pirate-bird. (But birds don't have belly buttons!) I think that's the standout fig from this set so it works well that it's also the most attention-grabbing!

Thanks, I agree that P.O.L is the stand out character - like Hammerstein NWC says ... it's the colours. As for the belly button, that would be caused by the technical sci-fi gubbins that comes with genetic engineering - see, I've really thought this through :grin: .